About Bastrop/Colorado River KOA
KoA
Bastrop/Colorado River KOA is located in Texas
2 Reviews of Bastrop/Colorado River KOA
Maintains the KOA Quality

Spent a night here on my way back from the coast. Nice KOA with everything you could need to be a happy camper. Very friendly and helpful office staff as well.

An o.k. place to stay in a pinch, but not my first choice

The sites weren’t anywhere near being level.  Not a deal breaker or even a surprise, but when paying a high price at a KOA, I would expect them to be a bit more level than they were.

There is a pool and splash pad.  A bit inconvenient because they require anyone 16 and under to be accompanied by an adult.  Not that I would send them to the pool alone, but it would be nice if my 13 year old could go to the splash pad without me.

There is a play structure, but it is located near a the Colorado River!! What idiot decided that the safest place to stick a playground would be near a river?  I’m not even talking about alligator hazard! So, once again, the kids couldn’t go alone without an adult. That’s half the fun of camping for kids. They love exploring and doing stuff on their own.  The park was located right alongside a busy highway, and while I didn’t mind that, I think some people would find it less than a pleasing spot. Definitely not a quiet spot.

There were laundry facilities which I used twice.  The dryers worked really well, drying a heavy load of towels in about 30 minutes.  They had a small store to pick up things like ice cream, fire starter and r.v. supplies.  Excellent wi-fi. The game room was lackluster. Just a pile of puzzles, old board games and a foosball table.

Overall, this was a fine location if you get stuck between Austin and College Station, but I would suggest not getting stuck.  I chose it because I had to be in or near Bastrop and the Bastrop State Park was undergoing serious renovations and most of its amenities were closed for the season, but honestly, I probably won't stay here again.