The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent South Sulphur Camping Reviews
Typical +

Park location is ideal Lake is beautiful many big trees! But roads are terrible, spaces are unlevel, with no uniform length! As usual for Thousand Trails never enough 50amp hookups. There was suppose to be a laundry, no laundry.! There is a propane station, but no one is licensed to operate it! That turned out to be a huge problem. Biggest ice and snow storm in 70yrs temperatures down to -2degrees below freezing for several days several inches of snow. All park water lines froze, rolling blackouts by the state, no propane available anywhere!!! Good thing my unit has a generator or I would have had to stay in my truck! I like to use Thousand Trails but they are not keeping their parks up. Park employees were helpful as they could be with very little resources. They gave me a bottle of propane from one of the cabins which was nice, and I appreciated that. They gave some to other campers, but there werent enough to go around. The park employee felt bad for not being able to help everyone! I will come back again in the summer.

Charming and we'll cared for

Bonham is a small but uncrowded park. Lovely and clean fresh water lake. Tent campsites are well sheltered by trees. Big grassy group campsite area that looked inviting. Lots of biking/hiking trails. Nature is always a blessing but the landscape here is just your average Texas.

Interesting camp site

Very pretty camp and most accommodating. Very close to town,but you would never know it

Great Place

We RV so finding a place with full hookups at each site was mind blowing! We were a bit close to our neighbors so if you’re looking for a site where you’re isolated, this is not the place for you.

We were on the lake so enjoyed spectacular sunsets every night. Lots of work is being done on the park right now, can’t wait to go back and see the improvements.

Clean Safe Family Park

Typical clean and safe for a texas state park. No public drinking. Very little wildlife. We did have some squirrels get into out tent, my bad for leaving sweets out.

No feral pigs which are common these days. Nice sized spaces with tent areas and tables spread out.

Bonus in the loop bathroom they have individual rooms that have toilet and shower with a high lock. Really awesome if you are using shower with toddlers.

We saw signs about the ants bit we didn't see them. We were here over Christmas so that's probably why.

Very Quiet

We were here in early December, so the campground wasn't very busy. We liked our site, pretty spacious with views of the water. The ranger said this loop is the quieter, less busy side of Cooper Lake. Easy, short hiking trails. Playground & a swimming beach. I imagine this would be a fun, possibly crowded place in season, but probably not loud at night as sites are spaced out well. We will return someday.

Beautiful, well preserved campground

This park was beautiful. We stayed at campsite 8 in the bright star loop and it was one of the best campsites I've stayed in. It was spacious and felt very private even though we knew there were other campsites close by. The site was also pretty level. We only stayed one night because we were just traveling through, but I will definitely return. The firewood for purchase at the front of the park was very convenient, but a bit pricey. We got in fairly late though so we were grateful for it. There is also a nice hiking trail that was very well maintained. All in all, we greatly enjoyed our short time at Cooper Lake State Park.

Great Camp Site!

Was clean and quiet.

Great Quite spot in the Fall

I have camped here a couple of times. The campgrounds are very accommodating. Last time I was here it was fall and the leaves had changed and birds were everywhere. I didn't encounter very many people so, it felt like a had the place to myself.  Walked along the shoreline and captured several pictures of the birds who were visiting as well.

Awesome ,secluded no tv no cell service quality time

Im a big time camper no less than 20times a year me and wife still work is y.But this is not clamping , this is where me and my son who is active duty and couple more buddies go to hunt and hang around camp fire and eat and 🍻.No tv no cell service just us and the stars lol. Btw we sleep in back of trucks no caper with heat.WE LOVE THIS 10 OR 11 SPOTS TO CAMP PARK