Old Bethpage , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Old Bethpage

Most Recent Old Bethpage Camping Reviews
Great family time

We felt safe, had a great site and a ton of fun. Only complaint is that they don’t sell real firewood just this compressed sawdust crap. Hit up the shell station once you get off 65 to save yourself headaches and a ton of time.

Nice Campground

I stayed here with my husband and two friends and we loved it. We planned to hike at Cummins Falls State Park so the campground was in a great location. Only having to drive a minute was fantastic. The bathhouse was clean and the showers were the nicest I've ever used. Single walk in showers with plenty of room. Only slight negative is at the tent campground, many of the sites were very close together. The weekend we stayed they were fully booked and we had site 31. Once everyone got in, it was a little noisy but nothing horrible. The campground is very nice though and would definitely stay again.

Quiet and relaxing

We spent two nights here in late March. We ended up being unlucky and having 7 inches of rain while we were there. Fortunately, it came in waves and mostly rained overnight. The park is very nice. The campground is pretty nice. It looks like the cabins are the main draw of this park.

Pros: It's beautiful, quiet, and has a sweet dam.

Cons: You have to drive within the park to get anywhere, the spots are hard as heck to back into, and the is 0 cell reception. I repeat, 0 CELL PHONE RECEPTION. That's not that big of a deal but we didn't expect it and it complicated things slightly for us.

All in all, we loved It and will probably go back

Awesome trip

Stopped here for 2 nights on a long trip from WV to AR. So glad we did! Nice camping, but the cave was so awesome to tour. Fascinating how they mined the salt-petre to manufacture gunpowder.

Great place

I wish I could have stayed longer. Live music every night was nice. Backing my trailer is not my strong suite but the guided me through it like it was nothing. Great stay.

A great campground for visiting Mammoth Cave and excellent facilities

We spent two nights at this campground and really enjoyed it.

When we arrived, we were met by the lady working the registration desk and check in was very easy.

Temperature had been below freezing for several days so water was off at the sites but they had a hose to fill tanks at the office and on the day we departed, turned on water at the sites to assist with dumping and to fill fresh water.  Much appreciated.

Most of the sites are pull through and large enough although I think it could seem crowded when more full than they were in the winter.

While it was closed for our visit, there was a nice small pool, a work out room, very very nice shower and laundry facilities.

The dog park was just a run area but fairly large with a covered seating area at one end and the pups loved using it.  It was also very clean and either visitors clean up well or the staff take good care of the property.

They also had an activity building which I believe may be rented out.

Finally, they have propane fill on site and while were there, the owner filled our tanks himself.

1 star

It is under new ownership at this time. It is not worth the price you pay for a KOA. It is extremely run down. None of the amenities are kept up such as the kids playground, mini golf course and campsite extras. Some of the campsites have wheels for fire pits while others have nice stone pits. Some of the campsites have picnic tables while others have nice patio tables and chairs. You are greeted at the nature trail by dumped trash and a dumped Seadoo. It is very noisy due to it’s proximity to the interstate. The sewer hookups are damaged in several sites. I would recommend you check out Beach Bend until they can get this campground up to KOA standards. I’m not sure what drugs the 4 star reviewers were taken but it is definitely not 4 stars.

Nice clean campground, despite its popularity!

I made my reservation on the Recreation.gov app. Showed up at 2am and got in the gate without a hitch; the system worked well. Nice campground, nice sites, lots of folks out as it’s spring break. Despite the crowds, the restroom/bathhouse was clean and in good order. Got up and took a walk around the park in the morning and I was really impressed. I highly recommend this campground, especially if you’re into playing in the water.

Absolutely delightful, clean, quiet campground near Mammoth Cave NP

We stayed at Singing Hills last weekend to celebrate my mother and father in law’s birthday’s and Easter. We stayed in site 17. It was perfect for our 35ft TT and room enough to park our TV in front. Our site was right next to the catch and release pond. We had a little bridge that crossed the creek from our main site to an additional space where our fire ring was. That area provided plenty of shade and quick access to the pond. It’s closely located to I65 south and many of the attractions in Cave City. The owner, Eldon, was such a pleasure to work with. They had a DVD lending Library and other camping needs in the office. There is a bath house and a well maintained dump station in the turn around by the pond. The camp ground was super clean and quiet. Everyone was in by 10. Eldon provided information about local favorites for food, attractions, church services and information about the closest urgent care facilities. My son caught his first fish that weekend and has been begging to go back already. If i could rate it 10 stars, I would. We will definitely be back sooner than later!!!

Close to Visitor Center, Trails and food

Loved  this place.  Less than 10 minute walk to the Visitor Center, restaurant, ice cream shop and camp store.  US Post Office on site will stamp your mail with the Mammoth Cave cancellation stamp.  Many sites are drive through, no electric or water at site, lots of trees so little solar power collection.  Large sites with space between. The caves are not fully open with COVID but the self guided tour was great.  Rangers around to answer questions.  Hiking paths are of every type, easy paved to  high rugged.  Wild life is mostly white tail deer, squirrels, chipmunks and birds.  Easily could spend a week here.