The best BOAT IN camping near
Lea Springs , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lea Springs Camping Reviews
Peace on Earth?

Campsites are perfectly spread apart. They do a fantastic job on keeping everything neat and orderly. Plenty of places to hike and if you want to have a picnic there is a picnic area right next to the creek where the kids can play. The loop around Cades cove just takes you back in time to much simpler time. You can rent bikes if want to take it slow.

Favorite spot on the lake!

Yarberry Peninsula is such a great place to spend time, no matter what time of year you visit. This trip was in January, and it was chilly, especially on the lake front site I stayed on, but it is just so beautiful, you can handle a little cold to stay at such a nice place. I booked site 19, and it is waterfront, with so much space right on the shoreline. I highly recommend booking your spots very early, as it cam be difficult to get a spot during the warmer months. There is a campground store, it was not open when I was there this time, but usually is during warmer months. They have essentials, and rental kayaks and such. The campground is gated, so there’s not really any traffic passing through. The sites are all mostly level, and I think most have a lake view even if you’re not lakefront. They have boat slips for rent also. I’m really looking forward to staying here this summer!

Great place to spend Christmas Night passing through

Beautiful park to pass through for Christmas night on the Lake with snow!! Beautiful site with lots of trees. They communicated with me because we were getting in on Christmas night & can’t wait to return to stay a few nights next time.

Great Spot on Norris Lake

Loyston Point is a great campground on Norris Lake, which is known as one of the nicest lakes around. The campground has multiple lakefront sites, as well as lake view, and several wooded sites, if you are looking for more seclusion. There’s also some small cabins. Something for everyone here!

One thing to be aware of- not all the sites have a water spigot, several spots have a shared spigot, so he sure you have a really long hose if you are camping in an rv. I was in site 50, and was in between the spigots, so I’m not sure my hose would have reached if I were in my camper. Other than that, the campground is amazing. Bathhouses were extremely clean and maintained. Sites were spacious, lots of trees, even on the lakefront sites. Just beautiful.

This area is big for mountain biking also. There’s a parking lot with restrooms and I can almost guarantee it will be full of MTB riders. So much to do here all year round.

Best for Mtn biking

Can’t beat the biking, hiking and water sports! Clean and nice showers. Steps from biking. We stayed at a site right on the water. Not super private but the area and activities make up for the lack of privacy. And whatever you do make sure you visit the Clinch River Brewery just a short drive away.

Great Mountain biking!

Very nice bathrooms. The sites aren’t the most private we’ve ever stayed at, but the mountain biking was so much fun we didn’t care! Hiking and biking was an A+. Great place for families because of the surrounding wooded activities.

Lots to see!

We stayed at the main area but not much space or privacy so we put up a tent out side our door, but then moved to the tent camping site area the second night which was more secluded and private, but still close to the showers/bath house. So much hiking and a cool view of the dam is all within walking distance. Nice bath rooms and showers too.

Thanksgiving Weekend

It is so hard to get a reservation here, so we decided to take what we could get so we could try it out! Staff is very nice, park is clean and I’m sure in the summer it is bustling! Lots of cool summer activities and some amazing scenery and views of the lake. A tip to get reservations! Call and put your name on a waiting list for the dates you need. If they have cancellations, they call the people on the list instead of releasing the dates on the website!

Really nice and well kept!

The owners were a really nice couple. They have put a lot of thought and time in building and "decorating " the. campground. Some sites a sort of close but most are satisfactory.  We would definitely stay again if in the area.

Close to attractions

We stayed for 4 nights the weekend before thanksgiving. When we booked we asked for one of the creek side sites. Were told that no sites were reserved and we would be given a site on arrival.

When we arrived the camp was fairly empty but we were told that we couldn't get a creek site because they were being held for people coming in a few days. That was a bit disappointing. Since we were told they didn't hold any sites. Most of those sites stayed empty the entire time we were there.
We were given a site on the side of a very steep hill with quite a few fallen and hanging trees. They were very scaring looking as if they could tumble at any strong wind. The staff was friendly though. And we did enjoy the stay. Just can't make much sense of the site we were given. I think if we were told the truth to start it would have been better.

The office wasn't manned which is understandable for late November. And you cannot call and reach anyone. You have to call and leave a msg and wait for a call back.