The best DRIVE IN camping near
Lafayette , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lafayette Camping Reviews
Not a bad place to spend time near Nashville

Spent about a month there in a large class A at 2 locations, 1st was a pull through easy to get in and out obviously but way to open only shade a dead hickory tree that still had some nuts that kept dropping on my roof the second was a shady spot along the back fence between 2 permanent campers. Very nice people I was saddened to hear the owners were trying to force out these people who have nowhere else to go. Maintenance man holds a bible study in the rec room from time to time and the office staff was pleasant. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. Pool was closed during the time I was there.

Convenient and clean

This campground was nice and quiet and convenient to the cute town of Mount Juliet. Sites a little closer then I like or expect from COE/state parks. Bathrooms near to the entrance were a little dated, but the ones near the dump station were nicer. The playground/beach area was nice. The laundry was literally 1 washer and 1 dryer behind the bathrooms near the entrance (outside under an overhang). We will pass through again.

Nice at one point

You can tell this park had a hayday, but it has passed and the maintenance has not been done. Our site was very narrow and had a huge drop off, we were told the neighbors beside us about flipped theirs trying to back in. The site was not level and the water was on the opposite side of our camper (more annoying than anything), and they didn’t take time to prepare it before our arrival (so many leaves and pine needles you can’t tell where the deck began and the gravel began and the parking pad began). The laundry was also out of order. We didn’t have enough room to park at our campsite, (the drop off was too much for the truck) but the people across from us were kind offered us to park in their site. If you stay here, I recommend only doing pull through sites. They were spaced out enough and did include water and electric hookup.

Beautiful Park

The park was beautiful and a packet was ready since we arrived after 7:00pm. Our fire pit was littered with trash. I notified the office the next morning however it was not cleaned during our stay.

It what it says it is!

Cute campground. Dog friendly. Super convenient location to the cave tours. Pretty clean bathrooms. Showers closed due to covid.

Great Primitive camping near Mammoth Cave

Great primitive sites. Very secluded. Water, dumpster toilet, table and fire ring. What else could you need. The sites were well maintained, I saw a few Rangers make the rounds cleaning up.

Lost of space to run around with the kids. Pretty view of the river. Sites 1-6 were pretty close together. I would have picked site 8 if I had to go again.

Easy drive back and forth from cave and trails to campsite.

We kayaked the Nolin and Green rivers. Both were very pretty! Recommend a trip on the Nolin.

We will definitely be back when more of the cave is open for tours after COVID.

Nice

Nice and clean.

Very nice!

Sites are level clean and fairly easy to get into.

So much to Do!!!

Tons of space. Tons of things to do. Everyone has been so nice. Lots of things for the children to do. Awesome playgrounds. Will be back.

Nice Campground

We visited here during the summer. I really enjoyed our stay. A couple of things caught a us by surprise.. 1) The steps down to our campsite. Some of the campsites towards the back of the campground have a good amount of stairs. It was okay, but not good for anyone who cannot handle a lot of stairs. 2) There was a lot of boat traffic on the lake, even late into the night. I’m not sure if it is always like this or because there is a marina near by the campground. We could reach the edge of the lake from our campsite and launched out kayaks from there. The boats made it a little difficult to kayak the lake, but some kayakers towards the front of the campground at the day beach seemed to do okay. There’s a small hiking trail in the park also called the “lost spring trail” not much of a spring to see, but a couple of lookout points. Must not be much traffic through the trail anymore, the lookouts were a little overgrown. Overall the campground was nice, lots of access to the water if you like to fish and some very beautiful views. Pet friendly! Clean!