Arcadia, SOUTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Arcadia Camping Reviews
Rustic no cell service

bit of a drive through the forest to get here, but great spots if you're looking to get away from civilization. Ended up locking my keys in the car and had to walk 10 miles back towards town to call AAA, but other than that loved this spot! once you arrive to the campground coming from Asheville, there will be parking on the left a road on the right, and just past this road is a big campground that can fit bigger rvs, or if you want the feel of a community campground this is for you. If you want your own spot along the river take the road on your right hand side and the individual sites are right there along the road. Very nice spots, not super close to each other nice and secluded.

Our favorite!!!

We love this campground!! Lots of trees and privacy at our site. The sound of the river is very relaxing and our son loved it. Super quite at night!!

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

LOVED this campground

Fun family friendly campground. They have a pool, playground, store, air conditioned bathroom/bath houses. There is a river that runs through the camp that is fun to play or fish in. There is also a pond for fishing. We were in row D near the end and the bathrooms were a good ways away. Definitely suggest having a bike or something to make the trek each time a little quicker. Our view was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place. We will be back.

I wanted to love it

The campground is surprisingly pretty (especially the western end next to the lake and river), and well maintained, but it was just way too loud. Between the next door mobile home park with dogs barking ALL night, to the train, to the busy road with emergency vehicles and jake brakes, I slept awful even with ear plugs in our tent. Also, our section had some college aged kids who were really loud till 2:00 AM one night with no quite hours enforcement, I wanted to love it due to the natural scenery but the sleeping issues really put a damper on an otherwise great campground.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Nice but crowded

There are multiple campgrounds here. I stayed in the drive up campground for people without horses. There is also equestrian camping and campsites one can hike to. My experience was the campsites were a little close to each other and, since it's a small loop, they fill up fast. I prefer more space and privacy when camping. My tent pad was a little uneven as well. There is a lot of good hiking in the park and horse back riding for those with horses. I'd like to try the back country camping at some point.

Nice and clean with good river and trail access.

Sites are limited and should be reserved in advance.

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Father/Son weekend

My son and I stayed here for the weekend. He wanted to tent camp. It was late fall and it was pretty chilly. We fished, cooked over the fire, just hung out, and enjoyed each others time together. Very peaceful and guiet. We'll definitely go back.

Peaceful

Love staying here. The camp host last time helped us get water from his own spicket. The potable water at the campground wasn't working at the time. We had a great time. The kids fished in the river, rode bikes all over the campground, and we just relaxed.

It depends on your taste and mood

This is a clean, friendly, well maintained campground with lots of activities. Out July 2018 trip was great for the kids and enjoyable. However as others have noted it is packed and isn’t really a place we would want to stay for a week because we love quiet and a little more room.

Amazing campground

There is a reason this campground always books up early…it’s amazing!

We stayed 1 week in July of 2019 in a camper. We were in one of the lower pull through spots. It was level had tons of shade and even though you are close to your neighbors the sites are situated so that it doesn’t feel like you’re on top of each other.

A unique camping experience

Goat island can only be accessed by boat but with 5 separate spots it’s a pretty neat island to camp at. There are picnic tables and fire pits at each site, but no other accommodations. There are rarely any other campers there, but when there are they tend to leave trash at their sites. The light pollution is at a minimum for the lake so it’s beautiful and very secluded at night. There are small, but clear beaches by some of the sites suitable for beaching a pontoon or other boat, but no docks. There are squirrels and birds on the island but I haven’t seen any other wildlife there.

Dangerous

We were at site 29, ADA. It was horrendous. We overlooked the women’s restrooms, which was very poor taste! At night, when the lights were turned on….. distasteful. More importantly, this ADA site was extremely dangerous! The site was so unsafe. I fell twice getting out of our rv, b/c the site was more mountainous than the mountains! I couldn’t leave my rv for two days! Restrooms were clogged and filthy. You had to walk a mile to the front to thrown your trash out! Really! Unfortunately, will never return. Below are pix.

Beautiful place to relax

We stayed in a cabin. The cabins have everything you need. Full kitchen with all utensils included. Very clean and the beds are so comfy. No cell service. Which is grea!

Table rock is a very clean park. My sister and I hiked the Carrick creek trail. We had a great hike. Would highly recommend.

This place is beautiful

Beautiful sites with or without shelter. All sites included power and water. The creek runs through the middle of the campground and has plenty of places to play in the water or sit on the benches provided in the water. The staff is so sweet and very accommodating. The bathhouse is very nice and clean and includes washers and dryers

Bikes, Hikes, & Brews

This campground never disappoints! There is great hiking and mountain biking near by, as well as The Oscar Blues Brewery which is always a fun time.

Best Camprground in SC

My family had been coming here for years and we love it. Brad and Cece and their son Evan have done great things with this campground. Lots of fantastic amenities, cleanest bathhouse I’ve ever seen and a great pool make this a great place to stay. Add on all the activities they plan for big holiday weekends and this place is a no brainer. Go to Pineridge!

Great sites great location

Fantastic sites near great trails and water holes.

Popular WNC Campgroubd

I stayed here two nights with my hammock. I didn’t have a reservation but was still able to get a place by being their an hour before checkout.

It’s a very crowded campground and has an incredible staff. I found they were very dedicated and the campsites in great order.

My only complaint is that the bathrooms Where a little gross and in disrepair. I would stay there again.

Large National Forest Campground with Sightseeing Opportunities

I have heard a lot of people mention this campground, so I had to try it for myself. One of the first things I learned about national forest campgrounds in North Carolina is that if you want to check out campsites ahead of time, you cannot go in the campground if it is at 85% capacity. You cannot even get through the gate. With that said, my friend and I showed up at Davidson River and were told there were only two sites left. One was a pull-through and the other one was a pull-in. I asked the host which one was more private and better for tents. Since there are over 100 campsites at this campground, I also found out that national forest campgrounds fill up quickly. The site we got was not great, and the layout was not well thought out. Why would you place the fire pit next to the lantern pole. That seems dangerous having a lantern so close to the fire. Nevertheless, it worked out since I placed my propane lantern on the picnic table. For the record, I HATE gravel pads in which the gravel is several inches deep. It is almost impossible to drive tent stakes through it. If you do manage to get a stake through the gravel, you will probably end up with a bent stake. Fortunately, I had a free-standing tent this time, but I also had to set up tarps. Rain was in the forecast, and there was a thunderstorm with a deluge of rain. I didn’t think we were going to be able to have a fire, but there was a break about 9:00 pm. This site also needed some maintenance as far as landscaping. There was lots of poison ivy, and the weeds were too close to the driveway and the tent pad.

One of the biggest reasons people come to this area is to enjoy what the Pisgah National Forest has to offer. Within walking distance is the trailhead for the Art Loeb Trail, and many other trails are not too far away. It is within a short driving distance of one of my favorite waterfalls (Looking Glass Falls), the Blue Ridge Parkway, several other waterfalls, and several other trails. At the campground, there is a popular swimming area where people can fish, swim, and go tubing. I didn’t come across a group camping area, but there is a large activity field which was titled“Deer Field.”  Also within the confines of the campground, there is English Chapel, which is an active church. Campers are welcome to visit, according to the sign. There is an“exercise” trail, and I saw several joggers on the trail and on the roads throughout the campground. There is mountain laurel throughout the campground, which creates some photographic beauty. There are several camping loops throughout the campground, and each one has its own bath house. The one closest to us had one shower, a urinal, and one stall. The shower is a push button type, so you have to push it repeatedly for your shower. One thing that surprised me was that generators are allowed, except in one loop. As we explored the campground further, I can’t imagine how other campers can put up with the noise.  I could hear it from a hundred yards away. This campground takes precautions against bears and we had a metal food container at our campsite. That is one thing I did like about our site. There were also recycling bins located within the campground. The only reason I didn’t give this campground five stars is because it needed some landscaping work and that generators are allowed. Other than that, this is a great campground, especially since it is so close to great hiking and great waterfalls.

A small, deluxe campground in the mountains, 15 minutes to Asheville

We visited this campground to escape the torrential downpour in early June that threatened to flood the KOA east campground down the road. First thing you notice when you pull in is that this is a gated campground; you need a passcode or a buzz in from the office to enter. Once you pass through the gate the other first thing you notice is that the roads are steep! I've read about this from other reviews and sometimes you shrug off these statements as personal perspective, thinking it won't be that bad. But let me tell you, come prepared! It's doable, but you better have good traction going up and good brakes coming down. Once you get past the steepness, you'll see that the campground is very nicely laid out. The sites are terraced on the side of the hill (fairly level considering the steepness) and the landscaping is well-cared for and beautiful.  Sites look like they have been recently graveled and there are nice picnic tables and above ground fire pits at each site. There is decent spacing between sites for a sense of space, but close enough that it feels like a neighborhood. At the top of the first hill is a dog park. Keep going up and there is another neighborhood at the top and here is where you get the views. It is flat and cleared up in this section, but the sites are arrayed in a rather funky fashion (see map). Some are lined up parallel in the usual fashion, while others are parallel to the road and unless they are occupied, hard to tell the difference between the road and the site. All the sites up here are crammed in closer together, and the rare, few (deluxe) sites have wooden decked with swings overlooking a tremendous view of Mt. Mitchell and the Blue Ridge. The bathrooms are clean. For tent campers, your sites are in a separate area next to the cabins. It's a little tight getting down to the tent camper area, with only enough space for one smallish vehicle to park for each space. The exercise room, camp store, and laundry are all down in the two-story office building.

In all, this is a very nice campground. A little more expensive than the surrounding places, but you make up for it in how well it is taken care of. It is convenient to both Asheville and Black Mountain. While we were in the area we visited both, drove on the Blue Ridge parkway, hiked Mount Mitchell and the trails around Montreat, and visited Hendersonville (highly recommend this cute little town).  And of course there is a lot we didn't do, the Biltmore Estate being at the top of this list. Happy camping!

Nice place

Very crowded little campground. People will walk right through your campsite here. It feels like there are to many people and not enough campsites.

Rustic and beautiful

Beautiful campground, A little on the crowded side with all the other campers, mtn bikers, and fishermen but a beautiful campground

Nice place to visit and close to Chimney Rock