Bressler, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Bressler Camping Reviews
Great Park!

Very family friendly park. Cabins, RV, Tent - full amenities. Lots of things to do. A little pricy, but worth it especially with kids.

Limestone trout streams and beautiful hiking trails

Site 365 at this time of year was very quiet and secluded. Cold it was, 15 degrees was a teeth chattering experience. However our A Liner Ranger kept me warm and cozy. My main reason for venturing out into the area was the beautiful limestone trout streams. Technically difficult to fish I only experienced the most modest success. Streams are close by, hiking trails are numerous and Hawk Falls was a high point of the park. Peaceful, crisp air and beautiful Surroundings. The park is building a new Park Office at the campground so it looks like the facilities are being improved. Electric sites are scattered around an open field, I am never happy being up against a large RV. I usually like to boon-dock which keeps me a bit more secluded. I’m returning again soon and I’m looking forward to another wonderful stay.

Not our cup of tea

We really don’t care for RV parks but occasionally, we decide to check one out. We found this place because we were looking for a covered bridge that, it turns out, used to be on the property but had been sold and moved! There was nothing wrong, per se, about this family-owned facility, except that we travel in a small camper van (we tend to live OUT of our van, not IN it) so RV facilities generally don’t appeal to us. The sites are very close together, like parking spaces, and afford no privacy between them. This is typical for an RV park. Sites range from 50 amp W/E/S, to 30 amp W/E. Some sites also have cable. WiFi is available and free for the first seven days of your stay. There is also a non-working mill, a pool, a game room, a camp store, and fishing access on the property. The staff person in the office was very friendly and helpful; if you like RV parks and want to explore Amish country in southern Pennsylvania, this would be an ideal location for you to stay but we decided to move on.

Amazing campgrounds!

Everything was on point here! The staff run the place like a resort or a cruise ship. So many activities for kids and adults and a huge family atmosphere with staff and campers! Tent site near the lake is HUGE

Splash Magic Review

Splash magic is a great family campground with tons of amenities. There is a great water park as well as adults only pool for those wanting a break from the little ones. Give it a try!

Quaint in a country setting Amish close by

Nice country campground in small local town Historic Strasburg and the miniature train museum is close by.

Something for everyone!

We love this campground!! The area is absolutely beautiful. The lake is large and gorgeous. There are a lot of lake side campsites which are amazing. The hosts are all very friendly. We had a problem with our site and our weekend was saved thanks to the wonderful rangers. We are so thankful. My one and only reason for 4 out of 5 stars are the bathhouses. I wish they would update like Cowan's Gap. I have health issues and am always afraid I'll fall because the floors are so wet. Otherwise, they are kept cleaned up. Honestly, one of my favorite places to visit and we camp at as lot of parks. I hope they'll add more cottages too! There are lots of nice basic (non-electric) sites that are wooded, well shaded and private. There are nice, shaded electric sites. However, if you request electric and water you automatically get sewer too. This raises the price per site, per night by$13 and gives you a site with very little shade. We will return but we will choose an electric only site and fill our A-frame's water tank in order to get a wooded site. This campground is 100% reservable which means that you must select a site when you make your reservation. If you do not live in the area, that is difficult

Loved it!!

We camped at Codorus State Park for the first time a few years ago while out east. We really love this Campground! There is a wide variety of sites so finding one that you like should not be difficult, there are some in wide-open park-like settings, and some that are treed. For the most part we didn't notice any that really seem to be right on top of each other, but we think the site we got was the best one in the park. We were in 132, which was huge and had nice open flat areas for the tent, there were actually three spots that we could have put it on, and lots of trees to hang our hammocks and options for our tarps, but there was no chance of rain at all that weekend so we did not hang tarps. Those trees were bare however until very far up, so they did not afford any privacy, but we definitely were not on top of the people next door anyway so it was just how we like it. There is some hiking, not strenuous climbing mountains hiking, mostly easy, and the lake was the biggest attraction for me. Campground bath houses were very clean, nice hot showers with great showerhead that stayed on without pushing a button. Our site was close to the bath, a trail head, and field where we lay in the sun and played frisbee. We are definitely going back!

Best camp ever

Most relaxing, eventful or not, coolest place ever. this place is home to me. I will post my pictures but I'm surprised with how popular it is, theres nothing on this app for it! Trust me on this one! Great for all ages! Rvs are accepted and small tent groups and large tent groups! Massive lake with rentals, so many hikes available. Events available near by if not in.

Quaint creekside campground

If you're looking for a nice place to disconnect from everyday, you found your spot. The Muddy Creek borders the campground on one side, which is a really nice backdrop.  Sites are generally open and not very private, but the general vibe of the campground is slow pace and relaxing so you don't really mind the lack of privacy. We stayed during October and they had a scavenger hunt and hayrides for the kids in the evenings. Kids loved it. My daughter came up big with her first trout out of the Muddy Creek. Bathhouses aren't the best, but get the job done. Overall a great place to unwind and have some lifelong memories with the kiddos.

Four star campground at best

Stayed at this location over the weekend. First time staying at this location. At first glance we were worried about what we booked into. We soon found that the staff was very friendly and helpful in making sure we had a correct location for the type of RV that we had. Campground is very peaceful and clean. Restrooms are a 5 star ⭐️ plus. Pool was closed due to the time of year but looks like it would be a lot of fun. Good location to all the Amish shops and restaurants. Some of the spots are small so be sure to ask about the size of the spot you are booking. Park is about 51% seasonal. Once more campgrounds need to make it mandatory that if you are seasonal you must wash your RV once a month. Dirty and stained RV’s make a park look run down.

Great, clean family run resort

This is a great family run campground. The store is nice, bathhouses are clean and private. Owners are super nice. There is also a great view of the surrounding countryside because it’s up on a big hill. If you’re hauling a big camper you’ll need power for the hills.

Great little spot

Great smaller campground. Staff was friendly, general vibe was low key. A lot of year round sites. Only complaint being not a lot for the kids to do aside from ride bike. We did notice they have really nice tent sites that are all to themselves. Might be back to give those a try at some point

3+ car camping

Car tent camping. Big campground. Crowded even in late September. Sites are a decent size, but you’re really on top of one another here. We were lucky to find a spot that had empty sites on both sides (but people just on top of our site). Beautiful tall trees and shaded. Check in is sort of crazy. You have to drive a couple miles from the campground to the camp office to pick a site— which is difficult if you haven’t seen them. We picked one at the campground and I drove back to the office to claim it— hoping it wasn’t taken. It wasn’t. Also, sites are pretty expensive for camping— $38! Beautiful area tho.

Ranger Review: Banner & Oak at Knoebels Campground

Campground Review: Knoebels campground is very expansive and has sites named after various states and countries. For this trip we stayed at Bermuda site#6. The sites are very clean and come with a power hookup, picnic table, and fire ring. In addition to the campsites you have access to the campsite bathrooms which also have showers. They’re nothing special but they get the job done and are cleaned daily by staff. The campsites themselves are also honestly nothing special, they’re a little packed but surprisingly all of the campers are respectful and adhere to written quiet hours. What makes this place shine is its location. It’s nestled in the mountainside and just steps away from the main attraction, Knoebels Amusement Resort. This place is a throwback and hits all of the right notes. On the weekends you pay per ride, they have wooden roller coasters which consistently rank as the top in the country. There’s also a carousel that dates back 100 years, on the carousel if you ride on the outside they have brass rings that you can retrieve with the goal of collecting as many as you can. The food at the park is awesome and ranges from pizza to pierogis and everything in between. In addition to the rides they have a stream fed pool with water slides which was a great way to cool off on the hot days that we were there. The park itself is a 10/10 and a great place to make memories with your family. After a full day at the park it was great to get back to the campsite, make a fire, and crack a beer. I’ll be coming here with family for years to come.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time. On this particular trip I tested the Home Free Hat by Banner& Oak. Banner & Oak is very much a brand committed to being environmentally conscious, celebrates the outdoors, and puts out stellar products.  Full disclosure: I have a monster collection of hats and this hat rates near the top in terms of construction and aesthetic. The Home Free gets a 5/5 in my books and will be a mainstay in my rotation.

For more information and to purchase one for yourself check out the hat at their website: https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hats/products/home-free-navy

Excellent Campground

We have been here tenting twice, once last year and once this summer. They have upgraded the tent sites since last year, no more primitive sites, all the tent sites are now mulch pad with water and electric. Bathrooms are very clean and modern, but a decent walk from tent sites. The facilities are all lovely, staff in the camp store are kind and helpful. The snack bar is very convenient, breakfasts on the weekends in the summer. Close to lots of great activities and there is lots to do at the campground as well. Highly recommend.

Great Campground

Great campground. Lots of sites. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great location for activities including Hershey Park, Hershey Chocolate factory, Hershey RV show.

Lake in the Woods

Very nice campground, well kept, Paved roads, plenty to do

Pleasant, woodsy Campground

We stayed two nights in site #6. The site was easy to back into, plenty long enough and relatively level. We filled our water tank on the way in and used the convenient dump station on the way out. Cell signal is spotty to non existent. There are plenty of trails in the park and two lakes to swim in. We enjoyed our stay.

Best friendlyest

The best friendly office people

Great place

We have been here a few times it is a great quite campground in the middle of Amish country and close to about everything

One of the best!

Been coming for years, clean and spacious sites. Family operated. Located between Hershey and all of the PA Dutch Lancaster County attractions.

One of the BEST campgrounds I have ever been to!

My family and I just stayed here for a long weekend over the Labor Day holiday. Appalachian is one of the absolute best campgrounds I have ever stayed at. It’s extremely clean and very well organized. We started our trip Friday afternoon, we pulled into the campground and they had a table set up outside to “check in.” We did not wait in a mile long line to park and go into the office. There was no rv backup of people trying to get through. It was extremely quick and very efficient to just pull up to a table say our name and be given the map and directed to our site. The campground had numerous activities set up all throughout the day and there was something for everyone. I find that a lot of campground activities tend to be centered around small children and with my kids being 13 and 12, they’re usually left out of the fun. There was bingo, crafts, a vendor craft show, hot dog eating contest for adults and kids, candy scramble in the dark for adults and kids, a dj Saturday night and a live band Sunday night. The pool was open until 10pm everyday. This campground has free mini golf. You can borrow golf clubs but you do have to buy balls. The staff was friendly and very helpful. You could leave your trash at the end of your site everyday and it was picked up by the staff, you did not have make trips to a dumpster. An excellent little surprise for me was the farm truck they had drive around Saturday morning. I was able to buy fresh produce for our dinner and I never even left my campsite. So beware, have cash or you’ll be cranky you couldn’t buy enough like I was! The only negative thing I could possibly say would be our campsite was….awkward. We were unaware that our site was a buddy site. Now it was Labor Day weekend, the campground was completely full and we booked late. The site we got was the only one available for the size of our camper. The buddy site was very narrow and since our buddy arrived first we had no choice but to park farther down on the site to avoid our awnings touching and that left us very uneven. It was a hill and no matter how many times we adjusted, we just could not get leveled. So my advice would be to make sure you aren’t put on the buddy sites if at all possible. The row starting with 310 on the map is all buddy sites. We have already booked our next trip and made sure we were not on another buddy site. Now that I know this, we can avoid that one issue in the future. I enjoyed this campground so much that this will now be our go to campground when we want to stay close to home.

Great for a state park

I stay here for my first camp out with my new camper. No water but the bath house was close and very clean.

Wonderful!

This State Park is easy to find and in a great location. The AT crosses through the park and it’s not far from the amenities of town. The park is a good size and I liked that the campsites were a bit secluded. The sites themselves were close together but we were there in late August during the week so it was practically empty. The bathroom facilities were some of the nicest and cleanest I’ve ever seen. There was even a paved path through the campsite to the bathroom. There are showers, flush toilets, sinks for hand washing, and sinks outside for dishes. We didn’t use much of the rest of the park but there is a swimming pool and lots of nice areas with picnic tables. We really enjoyed our stay!

Quiet and well kept

We stay at lake glory every year while visiting Knoebels.  It’s so much quieter than Knoebels campground and so much more room.  We love the creek side sites!  Kids can wade in the water to cool off while parents are chatting and cooking just few feet away.  We have never used the bus to head to the park - but it is one more nice thing they add to help make  your stay relaxing.  Book early….these sites fill fast!

Packed!

If you are first timer and going in for Friday - Sunday weekend camp trip….know this campground will be packed.  We tried to rent kettle bikes for the kids twice during our stay and none where available both times.  We also had people walking thru out campsite all weekend and the common areas had trash laying around.  This campground needs some TLC.   Was our first time and we most likely will not be back.

Beautiful and clean

Decent spaces between sites, with a smaller section for tents than RVs. Tent sites also have raised pads/beds for the tents to be set up and have options near the creek for both tents and RVs. I was impressed by how clean the bathrooms were kept in addition to the grounds. There’s a fenced not in area for dogs and a mini golf course, but it’s more for younger children. We were able to purchase Hershey Park tickets which were cheaper than buying from the Hershey (at a discount) and it includes shuttle service to and from the park!  The staff were friendly and welcoming and it was an overall wonderful experience.

History Buff's,your going to love this place

Mid size park with all amenities, some sites can be tight for bigger rigs.Even has room for your horse.Your surrounded by Civil War history,Downtown Gettysburg is great,great vacation