the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Hershey RV and Camping Resort is located in Pennsylvania
12 Reviews of Hershey RV and Camping Resort
Wonderful place!

Easy place to camp. Very clean grounds. Very family friendly!

Great Campground

Perfect

Family Friendly

Amazing….staff is friendly…BATHROOMS CLEAN!!!!! Is there really anything else? Lol!

Great location

Near Hershey Park. Shuttle bus to the park. Nice sites in the shade. Has pool and playground.

Expensive for what you get.

This campground is operated as part of the Hershey Corporation. It is located minutes from Hershey Park and the campground does provide bus services to the park. Sites are generally very close together, and more crowded than a typical KOA. Even having a fire may be problematic based on the site and your neighbors RV placement. Full hook up and pull through sites are located in Carrousel Circle at the front of the park. At booking ask for your site number and never accept site 192 which has a telephone pole located near or in the site. Campground is convenient to Hershey Park and the town, but charges Disney Prices for a campground that just doesn’t measure up. Their are better places in Central Pennsylvania.

Wake up and smell the chocolate

This resort park is crowded, noisy, and void of nature. If you are ok with a more built up camping experience while visiting Hershey Park, or if you’ll just be in your RV anyway, this is an ok campground. I wouldn’t stay again, but with family it isn’t the worst choice you can make, as it is close enough to civilization and entertainment to keep everyone busy (even reluctant campers).

Private campground affiliated with Hershey Park - very close to park

I stayed at HersheyPark Camping Resort with my family over the extended Easter weekend this year. For me, there are definitely some decent pros and cons for this private campground near Hershey Park. Like almost everyone else staying here - the official campground of Hershey Park - we were here for the park, not necessarily the campground. We did not, therefore, participate in many of the campground activities that weekend, like the egg hunt or various arts & crafts stuff. We also did not visit the game / arcade room, for the same reason - so I can’t speak to that stuff.

Pros: Proximity to Hershey Park and the town of Hershey itself - this is obviously the big one; free shuttle to the park, and I believe you can get in earlier than other guests; discounted park tickets that make it even more economical to stay here vs. other options in the area; the playgrounds are great and well-maintained with seemingly new equipment; the camp store is large and has everything you could possibly need; if you bring your equipment, the neighboring river is fishable; seemed to be a lot of kids events, though as I mentioned we did not participate; the campground in general is very welcoming with a good atmosphere; clean bathhouses and convenient dishwashing stations; lots of options for how you want to camp - they have huge RV pull-through sites, smaller sites for travel trailers / pop-ups, some tent sites (though that’s clearly not their prime business), and cabins available to rent as well

Cons: Cost, especially in the summer months during prime time, which is understandable given demand; some of the sites are not very level, ours included (which they warned us about when they told us which one it was).

Overall, the pros drastically outweigh the cons, and my family had a really wonderful experience here - and we will be back!

Very Small Sites, close together.

Hershey Park is AMAZING, I'm 26 and I loved every minute of it.

The campsite wasn't that great. It had the essentials like a fire ring and a picnic table, but the "tent pad" was large gravel surrounded by over grown grass. The bathrooms were very nice (best ive ever camped with and the saving grace of this review). They also had a large camp store and affordable wood and ice. BUY YOUR PARK TICKETS AT THE CAMPGROUND, there is a discount and also a free shuttle to and from all the Hershey locations.

We were so close to the neighbors that we could understand each others conversations, but we only had that problem at night around the fire.

Lovely place

Very friendly staff and super clean facilities and property

More resort, than camp

If you are looking for traditional camping in the woods, than keep looking, however if you are looking for a resort getaway type of camping, than this place is for you! The pools were what you could imagine in a Disney resort or something! it was huge! I also all of the staff were very kind and caring individuals, I honestly felt like i was staying in a resort hotel ( until i crawled into my tent) This place was wonderful! and it was super close to the Hersey factory, which was a must see site for the kids! (We bought our tickets to the Hersey park through the camp ground, and it saved us some money) Each site had a fire pit, which allowed us to have a fun night making smores! I will likely be back!