Gresham, OREGON

Most Recent Gresham Camping Reviews
Lovely! Cute!

I’ve stayed at this camp ground a hand full of times. I live maybe 15 20 minutes away and it’s always great! The camp ground is a good size with many tent and RV sites. If you get the right spot it can be a very private experience and you could be close to the river. Otherwise some sites can be kinda small and close. But there’s many sites to chose from and gets pretty popular with a lot of traffic. Showers were recently re painted during last visit and the bathroom is ok.

Love This Park

Good times.

My go to campground

The campground is awesome. It's my go to camping spot when I need to get out of town. It has everything I need. It gets busy during or around holidays, but mid week or off season is perfect. The hosts are always friendly and it's always been clean.

Busy

This could be a beautiful campground if it wasn’t for all the people. We were there later in the summer so maybe it’s nicer earlier but there was trash everywhere. Too bad some people have no respect for these beautiful areas.

Mosquitos!!!

Nice hike around the lake but the bugs are horrible!!

River and trees

Nice campground along the river. Some sites have river views.

In the trees

Small campground in the trees. You can hear the river. Paths lead to a few small areas by the river.

Nice fishing

Small campground near reservoir.

Worth the hike

Limited campsites

Small campground

Great Lakeside campground. Road can be a bit rough. Mosquitos!! Great hiking.

Clean, Basic, Cheap, Right on Freeway

Not really our style, since we travel with kids and are looking for things to do (trees, playgrounds, pools, etc.), but for what it is, this is a decently priced, clean, basic RV Park. I didn't get the same creepy feeling of long-timers staring at us when pulling up that I get at other parks, but rather it's nice people (mostly full-time RV retirees) who are here to stay for a week or a month and then move on to the next place.

Location is literally right on the freeway (back wall shares a wall with I-5). Plenty of noise, but not as bad as it could have been.

Compared to other places nearby, the price is great (about$35), and you're right in Vancouver and near Portland. I don't think we'd go back again since it's not our thing, but could be fine if cheap, convenient, and clean is what you're looking for.

Wonderful teardrop gathering in The Gorge

Still one of my favorite camping trips each year, and 2019 didn't disappoint. The Annual Gorge Gathering, hosted by Teardrop Trailers of Oregon and Washington, is held here each Memorial Day weekend. Find out more information here:

There's tons of cute trailers to check out, nice people, pot lucks, a large indoor area with a kitchen, and things to do in the area. Definitely worth checking out if you either have a tear drop trailer or are just interested in seeing some.

Seemed to be more kids this year, as well as more vegetarian options in the potluck, both of which made me happy.

The fairgrounds are also available for other group campground gatherings.

Great hidden gem

Nice spots close to small river and off the road just enough. Awesome spot!

We had a blast! So green and beautiful. Not far from downtown. Lots of space/areas for our kids to run to climb big rocks. We will 100% be back.

Campground near Trout Lake/Guler Ice Caves

This campground boarders both sides of the Lost Creek (Dried up most of the time).  The sites are fairly large, but very open with little to no privacy.  I was in spot 10 and the entire spot was open up to the road, which is not my favorite.  Many of the other sites were open due to no small trees/brush.  There was also a very fine dust in the entire spot that can drive certain people nuts, especially ones with small dogs who turn into little clouds of dust!

There were a couple deer that roamed the campground and wondered in and out of campsites.  I had to shoo away 1 so he wouldn't stomp on my little dog while walking through my site.  It was cool seeing them up close though.  Also it was the start of a very good huckleberry season and the entire campground was full of huckleberry bushes.  I was able to gather several cups just from my camp spot alone.

While this isn't my favorite campsite, it was overall a good campground and if you are in the area I would recommend it.

Seems Remote

I have found this campground fills up less than tbe others in the area..so if your up here in high summer i would check here first.

It seems more remote than it really is so its nice and quiet..with a creek nearby.

Has a couple excellent sites and a bunch of mediocre ones that would do well for camper trucks

High Lake Campground near Mt. Hood

This campground is on the shores of Laurence Lake.  Almost all of the spots were right on the lake or close enough to have lake views.  It's a smaller campground and the spots are fairly open, so not as much privacy with the neighbors.  The spot I had was right off the boat launch and next to the path for the walk-in spots.  I was only there 1 night, but it would be a great place to camp if you wanted to play on the water, ie SUP or Kayak.  The road leading up to the campground was a bit rough in some areas that lower clearance vehicles would need to be careful on.  There is also no water, so you need to bring your own.  Would definitely recommend this campground.

Small, Quiet Campground close to Mt. Hood

This small campground is a great alternative to the busier campgrounds found near by.  It does not have the views of Mt. Hood like the pictures show, the views of Hood can be found at the day use area on the opposite side of the lake.  There is a great trail that goes all the way around the lake and offers plenty of little spots to stop and fish.  The spots were plenty large enough and had enough space between them to offer privacy from your neighbors.  If you are not able to book a spot in the busier campgrounds near by this is a great alternative.

Pretty Good close in campground

It's not bad at all, just right off of the highway.

Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Great Campground near Mt Hood

My husband and I camped here an evening in September. We couldn’t see Mt Hood due to cloud coverage but the lake itself was beautiful. There was a short trail from campground to the lake. Campground was fairly full but very quiet. Sights are fairly private and wooded. Our phones worked just fine here, as well.

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

Suprised

When we pulled in with our 40' Coach I thought oboy I blew it. Getting into our site was a little tight but doable. We were in a pull through tucked in the forest with full hookups. A fire pit and picnic table too! If you go camping to stay inside our Verizon phones, Sprint hot spot and over the air TV all worked. You can hear the train in a distance and a little traffic. It is a great spot and we will come here again.

The water was excellent

This was my inaugural trip with my Roof Top Tent from Tepui.

A quick trip around the camp site and my son and I picked out spot 72 and after paying for the spot it only took a few tries to get the tent level.

Our neighbors were friendly and the white noise from the water helped hide the proximity of our fellow campers.

One of the locals stopped by to comment on my tent and said the salmon were biting - he even gave me a lure (Where am I and who are these friendly folks!?) that he caught a fish on earlier that day. My kid loved that.

He also warned of the chipmunks on the other end of the camp and how persistent they can be if you leave food anywhere they can get to.

The spot we stayed at would have been sweet for ground camping as well. Will be coming here again.

Oh, and the cell reception (AT&T) was good enough to tether and get some work done.

Views of All Kinds, Massive Quietude

Only four sites here - get in early or on a weeknight. Gorgeous drive through the town of Hood River a big bonus. Once you get in, you’ve got hikes right there with great views of Mt. Hood, the small, charming and swimmable Rainy Lake 2 minutes by walking, and just tons of shade and peace. Even though 3 sites are scrunched together, we didn’t hear our neighbors. A fabulous place to get away.

Campsite was closed

We did a 1 hr detour to go to this camp, but it was closed. We were really mad as we checked on the website, recreation.gov and multiple places to book a place, but we thought one can't reserve but has to be first come first serve. They didn't state anywhere that it's closed for renovation, so we did the detour and ended up only checking out the lake

Gets sold out super quickly

Located by the beautiful Trillium lake, the view from there is unreal. Gets sold out really quickly, we were lucky to get there at 9am and reserve a spot at someone's site who was just checking out.

awesome location, super basic though

On the way to Kiwanis Camp by the road there are spots and as far as we understood, those are for camping, though there was no sign for them. It's at a really great location as it's 3 minutes to Little Zig Zag Falls path also fairly close to Government Camp

Superb camp with awesome amenities

We were so glad we found this campsite, it looks really nice, located by the nice Trucker river, there are sites right next to the river too.

For the price you get showers, drinking water, normal toilets and a clean environment. You can pay with card too using their vending machine which was also super convenient.

Overall one of the best camps we stayed in yet