Yurts
About Mt Hood Village RV Resort
Mt Hood Village RV Resort is located in Oregon
11 Reviews of Mt Hood Village RV Resort
Beautiful campground

Easy to access, even for larger rigs. We stayed in 39 foot 5th wheel. Plenty of pull thru spots, full hookups, regularly spaced bathroom/showers. Nice store for basic needs, nice laundry room.

Beautiful area. Visiting Portland area, highly recommended.

Decent RV camping. Stayed 2 nights during last weekend of summer break. Packed a little tight but most people were outgoing and friendly while we visited. Very close to summer (and I'm assuming winter) attractions with Ski Bowl nearby. A few nice restaurants within a few minutes drive. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Good playground for kids. Very family friendly.

Family friendly, easy mountain access

Nice shady sites available, indoor pool and activities! 5 min from the ranger station with tons of easy trails around. Bathrooms need some attention-outs was scheduled to be remodeled in Oct!

beautiful views!

Amazing views of Mt hood. Very close to all trails and beautiful scenery

Many amenities, pool, hot tub, store, laundry.

Close proximity to many hiking trails, and town grocery store and gas station. Full rv hookups. We chose this campground because we had been traveling up the coast all week and our kids could use a break from”roughing it” this place was full of amenities…laundry, pool, hot tub, playgrounds, store and wi-fi (which we hadn’t had all week) it was definitely a resort type environment, good for families with kids. Some sites are private(because we asked for one) but many are like a parking lot…I would let them know your preference before you book:)

Family Reunion.

We love this place! It is privately owned and well maintained.The roads are paved. There is an indoor pool, a pavilion that has entertainment on the weekends and general store to send the kids to when they need a treat. The ground have beautiful trees to provide shade. It is in the mountains, so it can rain at any time. There are trails from the campground out into the forest that are easy to navigate. If you need anything from town, it is a short 10 minute drive.

What an experince!

This place is not your typical "camping" experience. You are able to rent adorable cottages, cabins, yurts or RV spots. My family and I rented a cottage, only because he fit our family of 4 perfectly. This would be a perfect place to come if you like the outdoors and want a romantic getaway for the weekend. It is also perfect for family reunions or long weekend getaways with the family. It's great for everyone. The views are gorgeous. Mt. Hood on a clear, beautiful day just shines!! There are wonderful hiking trails nearby that my family and I took advantage of. My dad enjoyed playing golf at one of the golf resorts nearby, while my mom and siblings went for a hike. There truly is something for everyone- hiking, mountain biking, bird watching, golfing, rock climbing, fishing, mini golf, volleyball, and so much more! The resort itself has a fitness center, swimming pool, and there are a lot of great restaurants close by. You really can't be bored here! One downfall I would say is that it was a bit over priced, and it was busy. Luckily for us, we were exploring and adventuring all day so we really didn't notice how busy it was until dinner time. We got smart and ate early to beat the crowds.

Good base for Mt Hood

We stayed in a trailer. We had a water and power site. I would say it's hit or miss on site quality. Some seem right on a corner with no privacy. We used the showers. They were fine. We didn't use the pool or spa. It's about 1/2 hour drive to Timberline on Mt Hood a must see.

My Hood RV Village better if you camp RV style..

I have been there twice this summer.

Actually, I started camping there more than two decades ago, when it was still being developed.

I am partial to it for that reason.

It is more of an RV campground. But, it does have several yurts, and a tent camping area.

Not the quiet, "roughing it" style I like, but when I just want to chill, and do nothing in particular, this is a decent place to camp. It has a lodge, an exercise room, pool, hot tub, hot showers, bathrooms with indoor plumbing, and outlets for the ladies hair dryers (or charging the battery on your smart phone).

A small store on the grounds provides for the last minute treats to make s'mores, or even a chocolate ice cream sandwich from the freezer.

I actually like using the campground as a "basecamp" for my hikes around Mt Hood.

It's not as quiet as a campsite deep in the wilderness, but sometimes it's nice to get away without getting away from it all.

Oh, and sometimes I prefer indoor plumbing over vault toilets or bushes.

Good family spot

This was a good family camping spot. Pros - there is a playground, swimming pool, small store, cafe, bathrooms with showers (and warm water) and activities during the day for kids. Cons - if you're tent camping the bathrooms are quite the hike, the tent sites are crammed together, there's only one working faucet in the entire tent camping area and the facilities are starting to look worn down.

The most utterly confusing part to me is that there were two huge RV areas that were virtually empty and would be perfectly suitable for tent camping. I'm not sure why they retrofit a dozen or so of those sites for "premium" tent camping? I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks a night for a 110 outlet, more space my own personal water supply.

We were in site T4. In my opinion it's the best site in the circle. If you can get T1, that looked like the best spot.