About Tucker County Park
County
Hike In
Tucker County Park is located in Oregon
11 Reviews of Tucker County Park

We had a blast! So green and beautiful. Not far from downtown. Lots of space/areas for our kids to run to climb big rocks. We will 100% be back.

The water was excellent

This was my inaugural trip with my Roof Top Tent from Tepui.

A quick trip around the camp site and my son and I picked out spot 72 and after paying for the spot it only took a few tries to get the tent level.

Our neighbors were friendly and the white noise from the water helped hide the proximity of our fellow campers.

One of the locals stopped by to comment on my tent and said the salmon were biting - he even gave me a lure (Where am I and who are these friendly folks!?) that he caught a fish on earlier that day. My kid loved that.

He also warned of the chipmunks on the other end of the camp and how persistent they can be if you leave food anywhere they can get to.

The spot we stayed at would have been sweet for ground camping as well. Will be coming here again.

Oh, and the cell reception (AT&T) was good enough to tether and get some work done.

Superb camp with awesome amenities

We were so glad we found this campsite, it looks really nice, located by the nice Trucker river, there are sites right next to the river too.

For the price you get showers, drinking water, normal toilets and a clean environment. You can pay with card too using their vending machine which was also super convenient.

Overall one of the best camps we stayed in yet

A gem in the Columbia River Gorge

Stumbled upon this place a few summers ago and have returned many times since. This is a perfect spot to post up for a few days with a book. It’s very quiet and the hosts are great! Super friendly and never any issues getting fire wood. Family/four-legged friendly.

Pretty big campground with 80+ sites. I usually try and snag oak site b/c it’s big and really private. Neighboring sites are also wonderful.

It’s first come first serve so I would get there early, especially in the heat of the summer. Open May-November I believe. Bring cash for payment.

Picnic tables, big fire pits with a little spot to cook if you don’t have a stove. RV hookups, water, garbage dump. Should have everything you need.

It’s close to Lost Lake if you’re looking for a day trip. Less than 20 minutes to downtown Hood River. About an hour or so from Portland.

If you like beer, check out Pfriem on your way out.

Tranquility by the River

We spent two nights at one of the river sites with easy access to the river. The campsite was scattered with smooth rocks perfect for tanning and nice sandy beaches along the river for your fur companions to cool off. The only reason we’re not giving this a five star is because of the lack of tent space and privacy between campsites.

P.s make sure to get there early, river sites go quick!

Medium/Large County Campgroud

We stayed for 2 nights. The grounds are well maintained complete with flush toilets, potable water and showers. The sites range from tiny to fairly large. The system is somewhat confusing. There’s a pretty strict sign that clearly states you must use th machine to pay for a site where you enter individual campsite numbers to see what’s available 1 through 78 prior to entering the park. Pro tip: don’t do that. Drive around first, and unlike conventional wisdom would suggest an expired tag does not guarantee the site is available. The camp host tells campers as long as they leave any gear the site is theirs. So, find a spot with no tag or gear then go back to the machine and enter those site numbers until you find one that’s available. We’d go back, it’s just a little confusing to get the right spot. Super great swimming hole!

Beautiful but putting up tent was a pain

We chose the Aspen campsite (55 on the map), which was an extra $10 to be next to the river. It was indeed a beautiful site, but we were up above the river and there was a fence blocking off the bank. It wasn’t as close as I thought, but it was still really nice. We walked on the river trail, and despite how many people were at this campsite, the trail seemed pretty secluded considering how pretty it was. We got right next to the water and relaxed for a few hours reading and what not.

The real problem for this campsite was putting our tent up! The ground was incredibly rocky at our particular site. We would put our stakes in the ground over and over, only to have them smash into rock about two inches underground. We tried moving the tent to just about every spot possible. We finally gave up and put it on a hill and spent the night slowly sliding down in our sleeping bags. Perhaps it was because we were novices at putting up a tent, but we could not get those stakes in the ground. It was the worse sleep we got of our entire road trip. The shower was also kind of far from us, so maybe avoid this site! The overall grounds were great though. I would definitely return.

Nice quiet campground

We have stayed at this campground with our family a few times now and we very much enjoy it. It's an hour drive from our house in portland and though you feel like your out in the middle of the woods your only 10 mins from hood river and most of what it has to offer. It's also right off of the fruit loop so we always enjoy august visits and go fruit picking. The campground is medium size and has a good layout. We loved that there was a security fence up along the river and cliff edge so you can camp with some piece of mind for your little ones. I believe they do have some river sites with access to the river. While the bathrooms are newer they where poorly maintained this late time we went. The men's was completely unusable our intire stay. I'm hoping that it was just a fluke for that weekend. Over all great place to stay if your in the hood river area.

Close to it all, yet secluded

The camp site is less than 10 minutes from Hood River. The location is on a tucked away bend of the Hood River and feels rather secluded. There is a gun club just down the river which may impede on the serenity, but only for a few hours in the early evening. The camp sites had nice fire pits with grills. The sites by the river sit right on the water, and cost $10 more. The don't offer much privacy so we took a hill side site. There was a host who was friendly and helpful. The RV sites looked less inspiring. The bathrooms and showers were clean and functional. There are only swings at the playground which was a let down for my girls. All and all nice spot.

Great for Walk Ups!

Some of the cleanest facilities that we've seen so far. There are flushing toilets and shower rooms for use. We didn't have an encounter with the ground's hosts, probably because they were working to keep the grounds so well kept! We just happened on these grounds because a nearby location was filled. We won at the end! The grounds are right on the Hood River, dog and family friendly. The heat was so much that we were over the moon about being able to walk just a few feet to the refreshing river. Others were swimming and having a blast in the water. Our dog really enjoyed walking along the rocks just in the water. We had a picnic along the river and enjoyed watching the sun go down and the fly fishers come out to catch their bounty. Our evening was picturesque and another reason that we are so fortunate to be able to enjoy these opportunities!