Banks, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Banks Camping Reviews
The Best

The best in Salem, very clean.

Pretty but:

It’s very pretty by the river but people that are long term have junk in their front yards and the managers allow that! Makes it look junky! Rules aren’t enforced

A Night on the Creek

We spent only one night here (approx. 45°41'49.5"N 125°44'18.1"W) in a lovely clearing featuring a metal fire ring. Sites are designated, but free for use up to 14 days. Lots of fishing accessible along Cook Creek. Road is dirt/gravel and currently ends about 3.5 miles in due to "flooding damage" which takes the form of several very large boulders blocking the way. Our intention was to go for another 1.5 miles or so, but we were very happy with the site we found. We will definitely return!

Turned around

This was to be our second trip to cape lookout, our last was four years ago. The park was no extremely overgrown and the sites appeared to have unkept long term campers! We didn’t stay! Went down the road to cape Kiwanda and had a nice night.

Pleasantly suprise

We don’t typical like private owned campgrounds but this turned into a nice night! The winter price was equal to what the state parks charge and we were given a nice private site upon request. The park is filled with tame rabbits which was a bit hard to control our hunting dogs. The brewery across the street was a great spot for a birthday dinner and the surfers we’re great to watch!

Disappointing

The beach is lovely and this park has many spots but it wasn’t as nice as the others we’ve winter camped at this February. Showers require quarters, but are hot and clean. Most sites are just gravel and the RV section is just like a big parking lot, no privacy at all

Very peaceful

Love that it is close to town and you feel like you are out in the woods.

Nice little State Park

Keeping in mind that we went during a rainy season (fall), this wasn’t a terrible place.

On the way to Mt St Helens, it is a nice base camp for exploring the area a bit, though we didn’t do much of that. I would certainly expect that we would the next trip here.

The good: Fairly Quiet. And that’s staying in the full service trailer area, which is more of a parking lot than a camp ground.

The bad: the loops are not clear on the direction of travel in this spot, and we had a fellow drag his trailer across the front bumper of my Jeep soon after I was backed in and settling the details of my placement. I’m not certain if he was traveling the correct way, but he didn’t have enough room to accomplish his mission and he definitely was traveling the opposite direction that I used to correctly back my trailer in.

Now he has a hole in his trailer which didn’t seem bother him as much as the twisted bracket on my bumper bothered me.

My brother and his wife tent camped on our site, and ended up swimming in rainwater overnight (the slope of the land didn’t help, but they have since also purchased an RV after this final tent experience).

This section also had no tree cover and was widely exposed to the elements.

I would definitely try this campground out again, but for now it was slightly disappointing.

Friendly, great location, awesome pool....

This is a great park, with laundry, pool sauna ,  fire pits, close to beach……

Nice Getaway for the day .

Been coming here since I was a child and I have always loved this place !!