The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

8 Reviews1 Campground
Top Equestrian Campground near Burgoon Ohio

Most Recent Burgoon Camping Reviews
Decent campground

Our plans were changed so we lost our reservation. However they let us stay for free at the back of the campground. No power or anything. But it was nice of them to help us out.

Great for Tents, RVs and Horses

I love this place. Its a smaller campground with only two loops of sites, but its flat, shaded, and comfortable. No showers, but clean and sturdy pit toilets with centralized well water..

Quiet campground

We stayed during the week for one night. Campground was clean and quiet, had electric hookups at most sites. Host was very friendly. They also have a camp area for horses. Only criticism is you have to drive to another area of the park for an RV dump.

Fair campground

Campground is small but well maintained. Hiking is great. Probably better for people with horses. Electric did not work at all sites. Pit toilets did not seem sufficient for all camp sites.

Quiet

Since Van Buren State park is an easy 20 minutes away from home for me, i visit there often. it is clean and quiet, they dont get too busy and loud. the horse camp is nice with some new pens to keep your horse instead of them having to be tied up. They keep the restrooms clean, but no flush toilets, which dont bother me. My only complaint about Van Buren State park is that there are no shower facilities.

Beautiful, small campground

I camped at this campground after completing the 15.5 mile Scout Trail loop (aka "Hiking Trail" and Yellow trail) that runs through Oak Openings. I was able to park my car here in the morning, hop on the trail (which runs right through the campground), and return later in the day. The sites are very nicely spaced and shaded, and not right on the parking lot. There are no showers, but there are bathrooms with flush toilets. The firewood is free, which is amazing. There is also a dish washing station near the restrooms, with a huge sink and hot water. I absolutely loved my night here, as well as the hike. Definitely a great park.

Van Buren

I came cross country skiing here in early January and it was absolutely amazing. It is cold but the terrain is simple for first time skiers.

A gem in Northwest Ohio

Van Buren State Park is very easy to access from I-75. It has tons of trails and a pond. There are a few places to car camp or RV camp nearby. I love getting out of town and visiting Van Buren State Park, and I have lots of good memories. It gets 4 stars because I now live in Montana and Montana camping outshines Ohio, but I can't bash on Van Buren State Park at all.