Beechwood Trails, OHIO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Beechwood Trails Camping Reviews
mis guided

My wife and I were very disappointed after spending a lot of money for the first year seasonal.

If we could give a negative star rating we would. Asking for a couple of simple items to be taken care of "the wife" said either no or gave excuses. If you talked with the daughter and or the husband you would get another answer. the other two were much more positive. "The Wife" really needs not to be dealing with the public, or even speak to others at the campground as she is rude and demeaning to others. In fact, she runs the place like a prison camp!

The second seasonal contract they put out if someone really looked at it a little closer they would realize that the owners are not free from any type of recourse.

When you are told that any damage to your RV and or Camper is all on you when they have a tree that is rotting away and can fall on your RV and or Camper. They have zero liability. Yeah Right!!!

Let's not forget the flooding, since the whole campground is in a flood zone. If you have a seasonal site good luck with your camper not floating away.

We personally witnessed an electrical box catch fire, and then cause damage to a brand new camper.

The Campground has now gone to a card access system and if you are out with friends and come back you may not be allowed back in because you are out past a certain time frame. (Not confirmed by us but a conversation from another seasonal person)

Once again, "the Wife" will probably be the downfall to this campground. Just cause you are in Granville does not make you pristine.

We have talked with others that have seasonal sites that are looking at leaving to go somewhere else from there own dealings with "the wife".

I would not recommend this place even to someone I do not like.

Incredible Campground

The Owners are to what I would say in a huge transition stage for this campground. They are making major strides in not only making this a great place to go and stay for the weekend and all season. They have updated the electric, plumbing, the public bathrooms, the stage. Bonus they just opened up a new section that makes you feel like you are on your own piece of heaven.

I guess one of the most awesome things is you become family with others in the campground and everyone looks out for each other.

I have recommended this place to others and have had others come out to enjoy what this place has to offer. After making recommendations 2 of our friends have purchased campers and have become seasonal campers.

Family campground

Great sized campground. Some shady sites backed up to the woods.

Kayaking

Lots of access for trails & kayaking.

Picnic & play area

Great day use area. Fishing Picnicking Shelters Playgrounds

Great Family Campground

Lots of sights & very family friendly. They’ve been upgrading the bathrooms. Open throughout the winter. Lots of trails nearby and the lake.

State Forest Camping

Beautiful, secluded group camping. Shelter and pit bathrooms. Wide open space for lots of campers. Nice access to trails.

Excellent River Camping

Beautiful campsites on the water and near it. Playgrounds, cabins, camper cabins, tent sites & camper sites. Some camper sites have electric & water. First come first serve in the winter. One heated bathroom with a shower is open in the winter. Absolutely beautiful & great trails.

Beautiful weekend

Site 45 This is our 3rd visit this year but at a different site. The camper pad was very level and the site was huge. It had a great view of the lake. I’m not so sure you’d be able to see it once the leaves are back this spring. The campfire ring was beat up and missing the grill. We were camping with fiends so we were able to use theirs. Normally the vault toilets are really clean but it looked like they hadn’t been touched since we were there in January and February - the reason for only 3 stars. I don’t mind the vault toilets but not when the first one you visit has no toilet paper and the seat was disgusting. The other toilet was fine, but ran out of toilet paper. Always pack extra! We will go back - just need to get in touch with them regarding the toilets.

All alone... again!

A cold but sunny weekend in February at site #32. No other campers there for the weekend, but a lot of foot traffic. We stayed at site #31 in January and my husband thought this site was more level than #31. This site is big and spacious and backs up to trees. Only electric and vault toilets are available in the winter. You might scrunch your nose about the vault toilet, but they were kept very clean. The trash bin still had trash that was there from January. I didn't look at the others, but I'm guessing they don't dump them often to keep locals from dumping into them. You register on your own in the winter and it's walk-ins only at this time. Great little campground to visit if you don't need a lot of amenities.