Fort Ann , NEW YORK

Most Recent Fort Ann Camping Reviews
Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

Quiet and convenient .

A nice little campground. Pool was clean. Nice layout and spacious sites. Management can be a little overly zealous though. Speed limit of 5mph is very strictly enforced and god forbid you forget to hang your parking pass in your vehicle. This is a stoning offense. Close to Saratoga though and nice back roads.

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

Great Family Campground

This was our first visit to Silver Lake and I wished we had found it earlier.  The sites are spaced nicely and the bathhouses are convenient and clean.  The beach is great with a fun dock to jump off of.  It is a great lake for kayaking and paddleboarding.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

October 20

Tented here for long weekend… no wireless really, which disappointed. Few flat, even spots but we liked #136. Office staff seemed disinterested in helping for some reason. They had kayak and canoe rentals available. However, check the plug at the rear of the kayak!! Annoying shots fired randomly every morning from a nearby group of hunters (?). Showers were awesome!!! Campground is very dog friendly.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.

Lots to do

Stayed 1 night passing thru. Mike and vicki were friendly. Electric and water hookups. WiFi was great. Cable tv hookups, also. Dump station on site was convenient. Also, they had propane there, so I topped off. Beautiful campground. They’ve clearly been upgrading. Roads have fresh gravel. Sites are level and clean. Bathrooms are clean. Get a site on the river 👌🏻. Very close to Lake George activities and attractions.

Awesome sites!!

Was able to snag a spot without a reservation. I’d probably recommend reserving a spot if it’s the main season but I went in September and had an easy time grabbing a site. Cheap sites and beautiful forest, really close to the Brook too!

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.