About King Phillip's Campground
Private
King Phillip's Campground is located in New York
4 Reviews of King Phillip's Campground
Family time

Great campground for families, we stayed at a tent site right near the playground. Pool, arcade, a short trolley ride to downtown lake George. It was a great stay and the kids loved it.

Easy access to Lake George

The staff are friendly. The sites and bathroom are clean. They don’t plan kids activities, but being so close to Lake George I’m sure they discovered they may not need too,

Great family camping

My family and i camped here during the annual Adirondack Nationals Car show. What a great place. Shower rooms are clean and inviting. The staff is amazing and know the area very well and are always willing to help. The camp ground is set up nicely and some sites are very private which is nice as well.

Good for Seasonal Campers

I've visited Lake George before and loved the area, and to be fair, even though it was late June (June 22), we were scheduled to leave on the morning that their "season" officially opened (aka all the fun things started). Additionally, the swimming beach was closed due to water quality. So during the weekday, out-of season, and with just enough rain to make 6 flags an unlikely candidate, we were pretty bored. Again, Lake George is a great place to visit (just not that day).

The campground staff was very nice. The campground was clearly devoted to seasonal campers (moving a camper/trailer into a site and leaving it there for the summer as a weekend home-away-from-home). The remaining tent sites were so exceptionally small that I almost couldn't set up my 10X10 tent and felt like I was invading another person's back yard. The showers were very clean, the market was adequate, there was a small pool, and decent playground. The major plus for the campground is its close locations to Lake George itself, and the availability of being on a trolley stop (when one is "in-season" and it is open.

If I had a camper(RV) and planned to camp seasonally, I would love a spot here (but they are all really crowded). Being a two-night camper, I felt shuffled to the side where the spaces remaining where simply too small to support camping life. We had reserved and paid for 2 nights, and completely out of character with my normal self, we left a night early. It just wasn't worth staying. The staff, as nice as they were, did not offer to reimburse payment for the unused second night even though we were leaving super early in the morning; however, I know the rule and I didn't ask for the refund either.