Airmont, NEW YORK

Most Recent Airmont Camping Reviews
Good little campground

Not a very big place but good family atmosphere. Sites are a bit small but well maintained. There’s a fishing pond with a small beach and paddle boats. There’s full hookups, a pavilion and the staff tries to have activities going on every weekend. On the down side most campers are seasonal so it’s hard to get a site.

Needs work

This was our 3rd time here as its local to us. The place could use some maintenance…there was garbage at our site and on the roads and we checked in at 5pm which would have given them time to clean up our firepit. The roads to the main sites also need some branch trimming. -The teenage "staff" tooled around on KOA golf carts on their phones and oblivious to everything. Others flew around in their own carts without a care. -They have 2 pools which require signing up ahead of time for 1 hour slots…there is nothing wrong with this however they could accommodate more if they actually opened the 2nd pool, instead its green and gross. -There were also multiple sites up and still loud partying at 2am. I don't have a problem with staying up late at a fire, but just don't be as noisey. -if staying here and concerned about branches I'd suggest one of the pull through sites. Specifically 138, 146 and 145 have a nice concrete patio and nicer firepit if you want to spend a little more. Also be cautious of the "R" and "S" sites…its just a large gravel parking area with little to no shade. Would be okay for a quick overnight but not a vacation week.

Cute Rustic Cabins

A quiet natural campground for nature lovers. Lots of organized activities are closed but the stores are open via Campers App with free delivery to your site!

Hidden gem

With Covid/social distancing requirements, many sites are closed so it’s extra quiet and spread out. I stayed at site 6 with my seven year-old daughter from Tue-Thur. Site was close to bathroom but secluded enough to feel safe. It wasn’t wooded so almost no shade during day. Sites 7, 8, and 9 next to us were closed for social distancing. Camp grounds were clean and well maintained. Friendly staff. Dog friendly. Not much to do with kids besides beach during day.

Beach is across the street from camp grounds….2 min drive. Very nice complex with new concession stand and bathrooms. Got very crowded after 10a and water is murky in certain areas, not much space to spread out and swim. Didn’t feel comfortable in water with so many people at times but we went during heat wave so that most likely played a part.

Great location, easy access

Have stayed here several times - great location and nice, full hook-up sites. Back-in and pull through sites and can accommodate large rigs. A little expensive but everything is included.

Park kills geese onsite

Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail, my partner and I were grateful to Fahnestock State Park for allowing hikers to camp overnight. Arriving around 5 p.m., we swam at the lake and admired a family of geese, who were carefully looking after their chicks. We then went to the bathrooms to change when a park employee asked everyone to exit the park. As we packed up our things, the employee told us we didn’t have to rush, but that the public needed to evacuate, so they wouldn’t be present when the wildlife exterminator arrived to“get rid of the geese.” We were told not to be alarmed if we heard a shotgun being fired. We were also informed that it is“normal” for geese to be killed in parks throughout NY. If innocent beings are killed in public places, the public has a right to know. While visitors can come and go to parks as they please, the geese consider these places their home to raise their babies. We contacted several local rehabilitation services, who said they do in fact relocate and rehabilitate geese. The park staff said they have not considered an alternative to killing.“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Was not expecting it to be this nice!

We’ve camped along the Delaware several times before and it’s always been hit or miss with all of the different campgrounds. Dingman’s Campground was by far the best. The reservations and check in went as smooth as can be, staff are super helpful and friendly. At check in you get a lot of area information which was a big help. The camp sites are nicely separated overall. Picnic table and fire ring at every site. Wood is available at the general store but it’s expensive at $8 for a small bundle. The bathrooms / showers are the cleanest we’ve ever seen at any campground. They are newly built or refurbished and spotless. Noticed lots of tent sites that have electric and water for small pop ups or RVs. Dogs allowed. Dingman’s is federal property and patrolled by federal park rangers. By day they cruise around in their SUVs and by night on foot. They are no joke so it helped keep the noise down from the larger groups as well as offering some security. Highly recommended and we even booked another stay while checking out of this past one! Hard to even come up with a negative comment.

No WIfi or cell service anywhere in campground but about 5 min down the road you can find it.

Waterfall in pic was a 5 min drive from the campground and then a 40 hike. Worth it!

No Privacy, Dog Policy Not up to Date

I will most likely not return to this campground, although it’s just because of my own personal preferences. The two main reasons are as follows:

1. When my partner and I drove up to the campground there were multiple signs posted reading, “NO DOGS ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUND”. The pet friendly policy must be new so maybe they just haven’t gotten around to updating the signage, but it led to a few unwanted encounters which made it hard to unwind. I was questioned or warned by other campers about my dog being with me — even though I paid the extra fees online to bring her along.

2. The park was incredibly noisy at night and there is little to no privacy between campsites. Everything could be seen by your neighbors. We were kept up all night because we could hear other campers snoring and talking (they didn’t even seem to be talking loudly, they were speaking at a normal level). Because of this we left after the first night, we couldn’t handle the amount of people and are more accustomed to camping in secluded areas that allow for more relaxation.

The reason I give this campground two stars instead of one is because the bathroom and shower area was very clean, and I had my first bear encounter which was exciting. Three black bears strolled by the campsite next to ours in the early morning — gave us more of an energy boost after a sleepless night than our coffee!

Yogis Gardiner Ny

Very fun been going here forever met lots of friends

Pretty Solid Campground Near the city

My partner and I spent July 4th weekend here this year. Overall we had an amazing time and there were just a few instances which may turn off some campers. Will share everything here and let you guys decide for yourselves.

I had originally booked site 65 and upon arriving, was told there was an error in the system and it was double-booked. They offered me site 60 instead, which we went to survey and noticed there was no fire pit or picnic table at that site. We let the front office know and the guy we were dealing with was a little abrasive, but ultimately gave us a different site which was much nicer. Very appreciative of that as I know it was a difficult dealing with COVID and social distancing, but the initial way we were treated was a little off putting. I would absolutely try to check your site before you get there because each site varied quite a bit from the other.

On July 4th, my partner and I tried to go to the beach, but were told it was at capacity at 3 different points throughout the day. At one point we saw 4 cars pullout of the parking lot and asked the employee if we could go in now, but was still told it was at capacity. Just frustrating to deal with as it didn't seem like a clear system and we were getting pushed off.

What I loved about the site… They were clean, it was very quiet, and there were a lot of nice hikes directly from the campground. The bathrooms and showers were also pretty clean too. Lots of water spickets throughout the ground.

Overall we had a great experience and will definitely be back. not every campground is perfect and the positives definitely outweigh the negatives from the weekend we had.