The best GROUP camping near
Chilili , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Chilili Camping Reviews
Great for kids

The staff here are awesome, very friendly & always available to help with anything you need. Easy pull through spots. The playground has the best swing set and is all sand, very fun for kids of all ages.

Great spot with a few oddities

This RV park is owned and operated by the Town of Bernalillo, a community about 15 miles north of Albuquerque(where we live) and is right next to Coronado State Monument, the ruins of an old Pueblo. It is right on the banks of the Rio Grande, but the river is not easily accessible from here. There are some sites that have great river views(A- D), but these sites are very small and have minimal hookups. Most of the sites here are gigantic, with lovely picnic areas. Not just a table, but a table under a fully stuccoed covering. We got a huge rainstorm the night we were there, and we sat in the shelter and watched Mother Nature's show and didn't get a drop on us. It was great. There are lots of mature trees in the area, so you'll get plenty of opportunity for shade as well.

We were in Site 4, one of 6 50amp pull through sites(although the camp host gets Site 1, so there are really only 5 such sites). Electric was easy to reach…water everywhere appears to be on the OTHER side of the site, so I was very glad to have my second hose on hand to reach it. There is no sewer on the sites themselves, but if you're staying there, the easily accessible dump station is included in the price.

The sites are blacktop and at first glance appear level, but when we actually put our levels down, we discovered there was a significant slope. Actually caused our passenger rear tires to be up in the air, which caused us to need to move around the site a little bit. Not a major deal, but I was frankly surprised.

The camp hosts were friendly enough, but they drive around in their golf carts quite frequently, and really seem interested in seeing what you're up to. I was grilling on my little propane grill, and they slowed down and really took a long look at what I was doing. Later, we were sitting outside(right before the rain) and again, a sloooow drive-by. Seemed a little much for a couple of 50-somethings. I'm glad they take safety seriously, but I didn't feel super welcome either.

But we'll go here again. It's right next to one of the best breweries in the area(Bosque Brewing) and I certainly like being able to walk to the spot. When the monument reopens, we'll be able to make a day of hiking, beer drinking and watching the scenery.

Nice campground with a few issues you should know about

We stayed here two nights in July, 2020. We're from Albuquerque, so this was just a quick"local" getaway. This is a pretty sprawling campground, with all kinds of sites(tent only, large sites with only 30 amp service, some sites with full hook up, others with just water& electric and a few water only. Shop carefully! We got a full hook up 50amp site. There is a row of these in the southwest end of the park. These are VERY narrow sites. We snugged right up against the hookups, and still didn't have room on the other side to put out our rug. There are low bushes between the sites, so the awning worked, but very little room for chairs and such. Also, the water pressure was quite low. Weakest shower I've had in our rig. Not sure if this changes with the number of campers, though, since it is well water. Our area was VERY busy and full of some big rigs(most from Texas). Oh, and wifi is spotty. Our site literally had a repeater stuck in the ground right next to our rig, and we got a strong signal, but pretty weak internet. I had better luck just using my Verizon iphone's hot spot. But it was still nice. It's got a rustic feel, but didn't necessarily feel run down. BRIEF interactions with the staff were friendly enough.

We also enjoyed the on-site hiking trail. It is only.5 miles, but making the circle a couple of times was nice on our last morning. I can certainly see us staying here again. It IS pricey(our two nights, with Good Sam Discount plus tax, came to $102), but that's Santa Fe for you!

Beautiful park! Great staff!

Beautiful RV park! Bathrooms were very nice and CLEAN! There’s security at the entrance which is nice, and a small store for beer and fishing stuff. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful.

Simple but nice

The landscape around is pretty sparse. Our site was clean, easy and spacious. We were right up by the lake which seemed man made but was still peaceful. Great place for an overnight stay. First come first served

Great Spot among the Pinons!

I will always remember with great fondness this darling campsite in Santa Fe, NM

I was moving from Sedona and was on my way to relocate to Boulder to attend UC Boulder.

I took a slight detour into Santa Fe to visit an old friend and the minute I pulled into Santa Fe ( with all my furniture hanging off my Jeep Cherokee) someone yelled, “ Welcome to Santa Fe!!

I thought what a friendly town this is! So I parked my Jeep in a 1 hour spot and fell in love instantly with Santa Fe.

I walked into a super nice restaurant and got hired!

So then I thought ok, now what??? Where am I going to live?

I went to Walmart and bought a tent and a bottle of wine and went straight to Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground- which became my new home for about 2 weeks- until I found a sweet apartment.

I remember ironing my uniform in the bathroom, and the amazing smell of Piñon and Junioer 🌲

I’d love to go back for another visit.

Such a beautiful and sweet spot to stay

Not a campground, only a picnic/hiking site.

I took my family here as a get out of the city picnic adventure.  I was surprised on how big and sprawling the picnic site was. It had several picnic tables spread out along a meandering trail along the Las Huertas creek. It was peaceful and well shaded. The picnic tables are in good condition, and there are several pit toilet houses that are well maintained.

There is a loop trail around the picnic area that goes up the wooded hills and makes for a good little workout. Along the trail there are good views of the Sandia Mountains.

In conclusion it is a great place to spend a few hours having lunch and exploring. Great for kids, although the trails can be steep and rocky.

The road to get here ( 165) is challenging for sedans, as it is rocky and rutted and washed out in places. We have an offroad SUV but still it is slow going. If you are up for the adventure I recommend it!

Lovely spot

We only stayed one night but will be back! Very clean, friendly, quiet. Each site has full hook ups, covered picnic area. Very nice small lake for fishing I was able to go for a 2 mile run around the water!

Good location

The RV Park is about 20 minutes from the old town shops and restaurants so it’s a good location not far off the highway. Grocery is close and nice. Site was good, could have used leveling and more gravel (some sites better than ours). Privacy was good with trees and bushes between sites. We were thankful for the shade trees and fire pit. Picnic table was a little shabby. Pool was closed probably due to COVID-19? They have a store with a few items that was open 8-12 and 4:00-8:00. Laundry room needed cleaning and updating. The reason I can only give this place three stars is the condition of the bathroom and shower area. Needs a good deep cleaning (I recommend a power washer). It also needs updating and painting but if it was clean that would not matter so much. Bugs and hair on the floor and con webs in the stalls. The fan looked like it had never been cleaned. Walls and door definitely need paint. I would also recommend taking the bars off the windows and cleaning them to make it look more inviting. Wish I could give it a higher rating, it has potential.

Just what we needed

This quaint campground is full of charm. We got in just before the Governor changed the rules so visitors must quarantine for 14 days so they were closing the campground to out of state campers. The sites are mostly level and each site has a covered picnic table and an artificial grass mat. The site we had, had a view of the Rio Grand (not so grand anymore) and is convenient to I 25 so getting around was easy. The bathrooms are clean but need some minor repairs, they also are not air conditioned so pick your shower/bathroom times carefully or it will feel like a sauna. I think we got a special rate because of the pandemic. Water is on one side of the pad, electricity on the other but it was not a problem when we positioned our camper. Overall a great experience