The best DRIVE IN camping near
North Cape May , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent North Cape May Camping Reviews
Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Nice campground. Dirty bathrooms

To be expected, this place was packed on a nice October weekend. Boy Scouts and families.. Overall quiet considering the amount of people. Nice trails. Close to Lake Nummy. With that said, the bathrooms were disgusting. Little maintenance and cleaning was provided during our weekend stay, especially during a global pandemic.

Campground review

Great campground

Great experience

We really enjoyed our summer

Great experience

We really enjoyed our summer

Members Only

I spent quite a few years visiting this campground, however, it is a member-only property, wherein you must rent or own a lot within the grounds. Nonetheless, the community is tight-knit and offers a ton of opportunity for entertainment to include a pavilion, playground, marina, and boat slips. For boaters it is the quickest way to get to the Angola Bay for fishing, swimming, and more.

First Camping Trip

This was my daughters and I first camping trip. The place seemed like it was alot of regulars so it had a community vibe. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. The onsite stores prices were very inexpensive which surprised me. Halloween decorations were the best. The playground was great my daughter really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The miniature golf course could have been maintained better, but it was so inexpensive I couldn't consider it an issue. Our tent site was right next to the pond. It was a Saturday and they were rocking. I dont know if the person playing the music was a professional DJ, he was incredible. He has to be the greatest campsite DJ ever. It was definitely a vibe. If he's not on the payroll and the owners read this the person playing the music Oct 3rd deserves some sort of compensation.

RV Park with some tent sites

We stayed in the small tent loop at this private, primarily RV resort. First, the good stuff: The tent loop was empty for our 5 night stay with the exception of night 1. We were at site F17.

Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day, showers were warm.

There is a laundry facility. It's about $6 to wash and dry a load. There is no change machine that we could find.

If you have kids that are aged 6 and up, they are going to love this place.

Staff were nice and made several trips to the tent loop to make sure all was well.

Electric hookups at every site!

Baby turtles were hatching when we arrived.

And now the stuff we didn't like:

Well, it's an RV resort. The tent loop is crowded, site-wise, and I cannot imagine how packed together you'd be if every site was full.

The signage is almost non-existent. We drove right by the tent loop twice and there are no obvious "Loop A" etc signs. The tent loop is all the way in the back next to the pond.

If you are arriving after office hours, 6pm or so, you have to call to get a gate code. Otherwise, you are locked out.

Everyone has a golf cart and will drive into the tent loop to look at you as if you are a wildebeest and they're on safari.

Parents of small children and toddlers: the tent loop is surrounded by water on 3 sides. There is no safety fence. The water is mostly standing water so expect mosquitoes.

Site F 17 is the lowest point of the tent loop,which won't be a problem unless it rains. Unfortunately, it rained 3 inches one day and I literally dug a trench around the tent to keep it dry. F15 is on the high side and slightly larger site, request it if you can.

On Saturday night, there is a DJ and a dance party from 7-10 pm. It is extraordinarily loud and somewhat impossible to navigate a car through that many people. Plan on staying out of the resort or completely inside if you are up for it.

(I'm sorry for the photos; I didn't have my phone and had to use someone else's phone to take photos.  It was also torrentially raining so I didn't venture outside of the canopy!)

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!