the dyrt
Pets Unknown
About Texas Springs Campground
 Season: mid October to April Elevation: Sea Level Fee: $14 Sites: 106 Water: Yes Tables: Yes Fire Pits: Yes Toilets: Flush RV Hookups: NO Dump Station: Yes
Drive In, Boat In
National Park Service
Texas Springs Campground is located in Death Valley National Park in California
9 Reviews of Texas Springs Campground
Best Campground I have stayed at

We finished our trip to Death Valley here after camping for a while at Furnace Creek. Both were beautiful but this one was especially amazing. We explored for hours each day and kept finding new spots. There was a hill right at our site that you could walk up and see the entire campground which was especially cool at night. There is SO much cool geology that you can see right from the campground and explore. Our campsite had easy access to flush toilets, trash station, and dishwashing sink. Our site was long and narrow, so we could set up our two tents and also have a separate food prep/eating area at another end. It was fairly private except there was one group right across from us. The RVs were mostly in another area.

first come first serve

only a couple sItes have shade.. so good luck getting them as thIs Is first come first serve. regardless, i came in spring time and was thankful to get any spot. close enough to furnace creek store and restaurant, should you so desire. I explored the east end of the campground, which pours out into endless hiking possibilities 👌🏼👌🏼

Best in DVNP

Best campground in Death Valley.

Great for dry camping in RV!

We stayed here in our TT over the Christmas holiday 2017. The weather is excellent at that time. The sites in the back part of the campground (where RVs are allowed) are very spacious, though not at all private. We chose a site at the top of the hill, so we had no neighbor on the door side of the camper. The moonscape rocks surrounding the campground are fun for the kids to climb on. Easy access to many of the sites in DVNP. We enjoyed a Christmas morning sunrise program with a ranger, watching the sun come up and bathe the basin in incredible colors. There are no generators allowed in Texas Springs, so plan accordingly.

Nice quiet campground with good scenery

Pros: Reasonably priced, fairly quiet campground that is close enough to Furnace Creek w/out being in the thick of it. Great scenery surrounding the campground. Modern toilet/sink facilities and potable water.

Cons: Weird site designs - the site boundaries are not clear, so I had no idea which picnic table or fire ring belonged to my site or my neighbors because they seemed to be situated right on the edge of some of the sites. Almost no shade (which is a given), and the campground is very dusty covered in sharp edged cobbles. This is obviously not something they can control, but you'll want to keep it in mind if tent camping - definitely bring 1 if not 2 heavy duty tarps for under any tents, and I would recommend a canopy or awning of some kind. The oddest thing to me, however, is why they would go to the trouble of installing flush toilets and sinks, but not go one extra step and have showers. Even cold-water only coin-op showers would be awesome, and much appreciated at the end of a hot day hiking!

Given all of the above, however, I'd probably choose to camp here again if I was in the park. :)

Texas Spring is the best paid campground

Very cool natural features included with this campground. On the lower level (reserved for tent camping) has some shade trees, rock formations, flush toilettes, water, fire pits, tables and grills… It's amazing set up. The upper portion of the camp (where I stayed) is set up the same as lower, only difference is RV's can camp here. Very nice, quiet and clean campground. The use of generators are prohibited on both the upper and lower campgrounds FYI

Clean facilities, not too much privacy between sites, but on a quick stopover that was fine. Death Valley is a fascinating park to visit!

Good Campground. Great Location.

When planning our trip to Death Valley, I didn't really pay much attention to this campground. I really thought we would get a spot at Furnace Creek because we were going in what I thought was an off time (late March). However, Furnace Creek was full when we arrived so we ended up at Texas Springs. I really liked it. It is far enough away from Furnace Creek to make you feel somewhat isolated but close enough to go get some ice or check out the Visitors Center. It is also a great central location in the park. Just about all of the main attractions in the area are within a 45 minute drive. That may seem like a long drive but the park is huge. Overall, I think I would prefer this site over Furnace Creek or Stovepipe Wells.

This is a great alternative to Furnace Creek

When we arrived in Death Valley (with no reservations) Furnace Creek was full so we camped at Texas Springs. There are some great spots in this campground but we were in the overflow area in the back. No trees or shade but it had two bathroom facilities which were nice. Warning… the back bathroom with flush toilets has no light so at night it's very dark. Although surprisingly the pit toilets have lights. Anyway this is a nice spot with dunes to walk around.