Sedalia , MISSOURI

Most Recent Sedalia Camping Reviews
Cute, Small Quiet

We camped the last weekend in September picking a late reservation where kayaks were available for our first tent test run were our main goals, which the site met. Kayaking was wildly available, due to the small lake and difficult launch, we can see why, but still very enjoyable. Site was very sizable for our tent, as most are suitable for campers. Lots of even ground, with decent distance. Facilities could do with some updates, but there were a number of bathrooms on site, spaced so no site seemed far, including the vault toilet and a lot of people masking up while going into bathrooms as well, which was appreciated. Current host was super nice and helpful to first timers. The tiny market has a number of random items, including a collapsible fork which was the only thing we hadn't overpacked, and wasn't overpriced. Fire pits on our site were adjustable, making grilling food easier to control.

Nice place to stay the night

We got to Arrow Rock just as the sun was setting. A beautiful sunset and a clean campground. Campground hosts were very nice. Bathrooms are large and clean and the showers were very good. We didn’t get to spend much time here as we were just stopping through on our drive heading West, but I definitely recommend!

Out in the country

Nice campground run by the corp of engineers. Camp sites are far apart with plenty of shade trees. They only have one shower house for about 150 sites, but plenty of restrooms. Nice level area great for bike riding. They only have one hiking trail but it was well marked. Cell service is hard to get and air tv only gets public broadcasting stations

Beautiful 100 Year Old Farmhouse and Property

Very nice hosts. Quiet, secluded spot.

Quiet and serene

Fantastic place and beautiful sunsets. The campground Hosts were fantastic!

Nice camping area

Stayed at the first set of camping spots which were about 5/6. Fire rings and tables provided. Also a vault toilet was available. The road nearest the first camp site leads to the River Glade trailhead. I don’t recommend taking it until it gets some maintenance. It is overgrown and HIGH tick contact probability.

Did not stay near the river but I believe there are more campsites there. I recommend smaller RVs due to the 2 miles of gravel and high water areas you go through to get there.

Beautiful Stargazing views

Photos don’t capture the true essence!

I can't wait to go back!

We enjoyed a weekend there and can't wait to go back. Hopefully for longer than a weekend. The lake was great, the sites were level and not too close together, shaded and beautiful. I saw my first armadillo too!

Heaven on Earth

Stayed here on my way to Colorado and on the way home. A beautiful farm and property nestled in beautiful Higginsville Missouri. The owners are amazing people allowed me to use shower in the amazing 100 year old home. I’ll be stopping here any time I’m coming through the area. A ++

Idyllic

I would highly recommend this place. The hosts are lovely and accommodating. We came in with our small trailer, two kids and a dog. There was plenty of space for all of us and even a wonderful tire swing for the kids. We got to take a peek into their recently refurbished on site trailer which is great! I hope we get the chance to stop in again.