The best GROUP camping near
Coney Island , MISSOURI

Most Recent Coney Island Camping Reviews
Primative camping

Large camping spots with a shower house and restrooms

Year around camping.

Primative camping. Large bunk house with plug ins, microwave water showers and toilets

Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

This place is awesome!

Stopped in here on a recent family vacation through the Ozarks. The Outfitter store has everything you could need and more. The staff was very friendly. The canoe rates and shuttle rates were very fair and the food in the kitchen was delicious. Try the Sasquatch BLT!

It's Amazing!

The campsites are clean, well maintained and decent sized. The views of the bluffs are amazing. But the Elk….soooo majestic! The river running along the bluff makes for an almost trance-inducing sound as you awake to find a roaming herd of large beautiful elk in the campground with you. I have never seen anything like it.

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Our favorite spot!

My fiancé and I have been here several times with our dogs and always have the best time! The hosts are the sweetest and make it feel so homey!

Holy Buffalo!

Beautiful area. Gorgeous views and wildlife everywhere! Family is currently here for our annual Christmas Vacation.

Nice and quiet off season

The campground is surrounded by the river and hills and you can hear the water flowing at night. Fire ring and picnic table at most spots. Pretty trails to hike. During the season they have drinking water hydrants working. They have bathrooms as well.