This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months
Plan 5-star camping road trips with PRO Trip Planner.
Find free camping on public lands with PRO Map Layers.
Roam freely with PRO Offline Access and PRO Map Downloads.
Save on camping reservations and camping gear with PRO Discounts.
My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.
We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.
We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.
Let me preface this review with￼:
- We were onsite Friday through Monday, Halloween weekend 2020.
- Hurricane Zeta had just hit a week before.
- Cheapish for a city.
- 10 minute Lyft ride to the French Quarter.
- The owner was onsite daily doing repairs.
- Large pad sites
- The bathroom/shower facility is under repair, and is unusable.
- The laundry room has no power or lights except for the machines themselves.
- Half the fence around the park had fallen in. Some do to a tree that fell on it, no doubt cause of the hurricane.
- Half of this park is a pretty rough full time trailer park.
- As someone else stated, there is a thriving racing community on the next block that goes until near midnight everyday.
- The front gate was never closed or locked.