the dyrt
Adrian, MICHIGAN
Most Recent Adrian Camping Reviews
Awesome wife and i on one trip

The second trip was even better with another couple that were long time friends very laid back relaxing

Great location & service

My boyfriend & I were passing through the area and stopped here for 2 days without reservations. They were very accommodating and since we arrived after 7:30 pm, the office was closed but they insured us to pick a spot and we could get checked in the next morning. Bath houses were very clean. Everything well kept up. We enjoyed our couple days here! Wifi on site.

Large sites. Very flat.

It’s a wide open widely spaced campground. We go there every May for birding. There’s a lodge there, too, and large cabins. Bathrooms are nice.

A bit marshy

We stayed there in early May, we didn’t have reservations so they had three sites open. We took the driest spot we could find. The ground was soft and marshy. Other than that is was a nice place. Restrooms were great and they had nice showers. I would stay again but will make reservations as those sites were drier area of the camp ground

BEAUTIFUL! 10/10 would camp here again!

Campground is nicely kept, only 5 individual sites, has two group sites. Nice restroom facilities, FREE firewood available. Grey water sinks for dish cleaning. Picnic table and fire ring at each site. Parking is general, but close to each site. We were there on a Monday night, only had one other tent in the campground. Nice flat sand pads for tents to set up on!

DOWNSIDE: MUST RESERVE ONLINE BEFORE 4PM. There is no walk-up service, and online site goes down after employees go home at night.

Very Open Campground - Not many trees

This campground was what we needed for squirrel hunting, however, it is very open and not very private. It is another one of those "parking lot campgrounds" where you can see all of your neighbors at all times. That being said, the park was very well kept and quiet at night which was nice.

Overall, a very nice campground with a handful of lakes and a variety of si

Overall, a very nice campground with a handful of lakes and a variety of sites. They offer very reasonable weekly and monthly rates. It seems as though most campers are seasonal residents making it difficult to get a decent apot for weekend campers.

Gorgeous

Lovely area and beautiful lake

Perfect quick get away

Nice and quiet! Perfect weekend or week long get away

Dirty Campground with Racist Owners, Why do you think it starts with Kamp?

If you are not lily white, don't show up at the Irish Hills KKKampground, they will call the cops on you for any reason.

The owner is rude, doesn't care about anything but your money. Lost her mind.

Nice

Clean shower,. Spot little close , not alot for kids beside swimming

Nice place

Nice quite camping. Something gti di with kids dairy.bathroom ok

Nice clean

Was great for a state park. Lots where we'll spaced. Bathroom clean. Need bigger beach

Great, clean private campground with easy access to the state parks.

This was our first time staying here. Great private campground with rustic, elec, water/elec (30 amp), and concrete pad sites. Very clean campground with nice shower house. Owners are very friendly. Direct connections to the Waterloo Pinckney trail system. Near Hell, Michigan and Chelsea, Michigan. Large pool in season. Priced reasonably.

Perfect campasite to explore surroundings with your Mountain Bike!

We loved the trails for Mountain Bikes that are close to the Campsite! They are super fun!! 🚴🏼‍♀️🤙🏻

Perfect for the whole family

What started as a little get away turned into not wanting to leave! A swimming pool and playground with basketball court to keep my kids entertained and clean facilities convinced me I had made the right choice. As an added plus a horse barn (Heavenly Horse Stables) right on property offering riding lessons, trail rides and meet and greets with their houses and other barn animals, my daughter wanted to move here. Other perks to this campground: Openings to Pinckney State trails right on property and all sorts of lakes, parks and small town downtown areas for food and shopping nearby, H.C.R.C. was a hidden gem.

With multiple camping styles

There are multiple camping opportunities with a variety of camping styles. Yurt rental, to hike-in rustic sites, there's good camping for anyone. A 35 mile hiking trail runs through the entire area with small day trails branching off to points of interest, all with corresponding camp sites. It has good isolation, but not far from creature comforts either.

Nice sites lots with lots of shade

The campground has roomy lots with shade trees on most. They have a nice pool and pond. The campground is old and restrooms could use updates, but it is clean and family friendly.

Great backpacking site an hour away from Detroit

Hiked the complete potawatomi trail (18 miles) great site for lakeview but #3 looked to be the best with swimming access. Heard the party at the lake house across the lake but wasn't too bad, just not the Backcountry experience. Trail was very well maintained however keep your head up as there are many mountain bikes on the trail. Great place to train and get your trail legs as well as test out new gear. Overall great place near home.

Good family campground

This is a larger state park with full size sites for RVs. There is electric on each site along with fire rings and picnic tables.

Some good spots have some shade to stay out of the sun. The beach is pretty good for swimming.

The bathrooms are clean and the showers were warm.

Great Family Campground

This is a nice place to camp if you dont mind the bigger parks. There is electrical on each site and is mostly a place for campers and RVs. There are fire pits and picnic tables at each site. It is usually easy to get multiple sites next to each other with reservations.

There is a decent sandy beach here with a playground and volleyball net. Also in the park are some small dirt trails for hiking and biking. There are enough loops here to go for walks as well.

Most of the sites are in the sun, but there are a few sites with more shade and tree cover.

Rustic Campground Close to Town

I stayed here with my kids because it was close to home and town. It makes for an easy getaway for a night or two.

It is rustic with just vault toilets. Each site has a picnic table and a fire ring.

The lake is not good for swimming as it is very mucky and covered in Lilly pads.

It can fill up quick because it is close to town.

There is a Yurt for rent here as well through the Waterloo Recreation web page.

Quiet, private rustic campground

I liked that this campground had sites that were fairly secluded from each other. Each site has a fire ring and ample space to park your vehicle and set up a tent or small trailer.

My only complaint is the vault toilets were not clean and very full.

Couldn’t find it!!!

I hiked the Potawatomi trail this weekend to get to my reservation site #2 on Blind Lake. I started at trailhead #2 instead of #7 because the ranger explained it really fast and I didn’t quite understand the two starting options. I did take the shortcut which gives you a 7mi hike in, though if you start at #7 I think that makes it a little less but by how much I couldn’t say. If you do the full trail loop without the shortcut to #11 you’re adding on at least 2.5mi.

I started a bit late and when you get to the end of the trail at #12 there’s no further directions. There’s even a trail marker that has an arrow pointing the way you just came saying Trail. No other indications of which way to #12. You cross Crescent Rd and then there’s a dirt path road which one end loops back to Cresent Dr and because for whatever reason I thought I had it wrong I didn’t try the other way on the road. For an hour as it’s raining and getting dark I looked and even called the ranger but they were closed. I hiked up Cresent Rd and knocked on the first house I saw but they ignored me after several attempts!!! At this point it was dark as pitch and raining super hard with lightning. So I made camp right next to someone’s boat slip.

Next day I found out the camp was on the path I didn’t take on that dirt road but I kept walking so much and didn’t see anything that it made me feel like it was the wrong way.

So not a great trip, but I did get my rustic experience having only lake water and no toilet - oh yeah I totally went in someone’s backyard. Not relaxing at all though, lol. I give 3 stars because as a newbie I think the trails are well marked but not the ends. If they had one more marker for 12 i would’ve made it. If they had one more marker or arrow for #10 i would’ve found the water pump by the Yurts.

Lesson learned though- often what’s on the map is a lot further than you think so keep walking till you think you’re going the wrong way then walk a bit more. Second, totally start out early so you’re not caught in a rain storm at 9pm trying to pitch a tent next to someone’s boat house.

In the middle of wilderness

The lake was amazing to swim at night..must to it

Fabulous marshland hike with great birdwatching

We went early in the season when the snow was melting heavily, so a few areas were rather swampy, but overall this hike was gorgeous. There are 7+ miles of trails in this little gem, with boardwalks over waterways, with all manner of water fowl all over. Theres a great enclosed area out on the boardwalk for picnics and bird watching.

Overall, love this little hidden gem

Favorite rustic in the area

Rustic only. 2 outhouse and well pump.

Rustic

7 mile Hike in only on a beautiful lake! Have not had a chance to camp out there yet. Took a hike in to check it out.

Family friendly

Nice clean modern Campground with a few rustic sites. Lake is very clean on a small chain.

Camping & Disc Golf

Nice mix of camping & Disc golf. The course is mowed down and easy to navigate. Picnic tables,fire ring, primitive tent sites available!