Equestrian
About White Oak Campground

This campground is a primitive campground. It has eight individual and two group campsites for tent camping. Only tent camping is permitted.

Fee Info
Price: Campsites rent for $20 per night for an individual site and $30 per night for a group site.
White Oak Campground is located in Ohio
6 Reviews of White Oak Campground
Nice getaway

Cool trails nearby, really like this site. Well kept and a very relaxed environment to get away. Just also happens to be the closest camping spot!

Peaceful Greenery

I had a friend's wedding at The Stables (which I didn't realize was 3 min away) and decided to camp here rather than get a hotel. I set up right at 3 at Site 7 - there's no check-in process or attendant. I hadn't printed my permit, so I wondered if I would get a visit from a ranger but all was quiet. The site was spacious, sandy, and well suited for both tent and hammock. The fire ring was in good condition and fire wood was already stacked. The property was well maintained and the bathrooms clean and cool - the women's did have some standing water from a leaky toilet it looked like. You can hear distant cars and some not so distant planes. Also, while all the sites are wooded the woods are not very thick so you can see and hear your neighbors pretty well. Site number three looks at the most secluded to me while site number four was pretty much in the open beside the bathrooms. Group sites were full sun it appeared. The stream behind my site was dry. Nice map and brochures at the parking area. Sturdy picnic tables.

Nice secluded campground

Has free firewood, outdoor sinks to wash dishes, access to a lot of hiking trails.

Peaceful Retreat

Overall, this is a gem hiding within plain sight. The sites are inexpensive and come with free firewood, the restroom is cleaned regularly and maintained well, and it is relatively peaceful overall. It falls short of 5 stars as there was still a bit of road noise from the state highway a couple hundred yards away, as well as the large airplane taking off early in the morning at the nearby Toledo airport which woke us. But overall, we loved it and will be back!

BEAUTIFUL! 10/10 would camp here again!

Campground is nicely kept, only 5 individual sites, has two group sites. Nice restroom facilities, FREE firewood available. Grey water sinks for dish cleaning. Picnic table and fire ring at each site. Parking is general, but close to each site. We were there on a Monday night, only had one other tent in the campground. Nice flat sand pads for tents to set up on!

DOWNSIDE: MUST RESERVE ONLINE BEFORE 4PM. There is no walk-up service, and online site goes down after employees go home at night.

Beautiful, small campground

I camped at this campground after completing the 15.5 mile Scout Trail loop (aka "Hiking Trail" and Yellow trail) that runs through Oak Openings. I was able to park my car here in the morning, hop on the trail (which runs right through the campground), and return later in the day. The sites are very nicely spaced and shaded, and not right on the parking lot. There are no showers, but there are bathrooms with flush toilets. The firewood is free, which is amazing. There is also a dish washing station near the restrooms, with a huge sink and hot water. I absolutely loved my night here, as well as the hike. Definitely a great park.