Bliss Corner, MASSACHUSETTS

Most Recent Bliss Corner Camping Reviews
Been coming here for 18 yrs

And its great every time. Nothing but positive things to say, if you haven’t tried it, defintely do. C loop sites our favorite, but really not a terrible site in the place, depending on what you camp in. Only drawbacks are that there are limited full hookup big rig sites, and they book up in advance; also water view sites down at the pond also book up in advance. Shower/bath facilities extremely well kept and accessible. Just a great family campground in a great location on The Cape.

Great Location for summer fun!! Need Self-contained unit

We were able to secure a spot at Charlestown Breachway in Charlestown, Rhode Island during peak season, July 17-19.. Due to Covid-19, Charlestown was forced to reduce capacity to 50 percent. This is a very popular place to come to during the summer, so make sure you are booking way in advance to get a spot.

It very close to the beach….steps away. There is a more“private” sandy area near the water sites(close to sites 70’s) where we were able to pull up a chair and sit in the water. Minimal waves and lots of people watching(one of my favorite things to do). There were many people fishing and reeling them in. The campground has small boat ramp at the end; Great place to bring the kayaks for sure. There is no water/electric or sewer hookups available. However, there were compost bathrooms available but they were only open from 0830-1700(I believe those were the hours). You are allowed one vehicle, in addition to your RV, per site. Due to Covid rules, the campground was spaced out.

I believe it would be quite cramped when all campers are allowed back.  The campground only allows generators to be run from 0800-2000. Even though it was in the high 80’s, we barely ran the generator during the day. There was such a nice breeze. We had our windows open but curtains down to keep it dark. It was actually quite comfortable at night.

Felt safe as a solo female

I chose a spot away from others and was glad I did. Behind me was nothing but quiet woods and a deer meandered through a couple times. At all times I felt safe and at ease, even walking to the bathroom (100 yards away) in the dark. The only issue was that the bathroom wasn’t very clean, full of bugs and there was no soap in the (1) dispenser for a few days. Otherwise, I’ll go again!

Quiet, clean, and in a lovely location

Sweetwater Forest has pleasant, secluded sites. This was the quietest campground during "quiet hours" that I've ever visited. Walking my dog late at night or early in the morning was absolutely silent. The camp store was well stocked and offered hot coffee and a variety of grocery items. There are a lot of touristy Cape spots a short drive away. It sits adjacent to a small horse farm, so that adds to the ambiance.

Tent campers

Perfect location for a summer / beach camp. Mostly for RVs but tent site #6 was great. Views of the ocean to wake up too and tucked away from main area.

Worst part is you can’t bring your car on the site. Do not understand this, especially since it was over 95° and we have dogs that need AC, one if which is 14. We did sneak the car up by asking an RV camper to use his land because they block off the entrance with giant tree trunks.

More good stuff, the private pet friendly beaches were great! Small but perfect to relax. No problems with the pets at all and old but clean bathrooms.

On the Canal

If you like fishing this is your place

Nice Campground

This place is very friendly people close to the Cap Cod Canal

Has good things ... has not so good things

We just completed our stay here at Curlew Pond.  Long time listener first time camper here.

Pros:

1. All the sites are basically on the water.  It's great.  The Reserve America / DCR site map is wildly inaccurate (never experienced that before)  and shows our site not at all near the water so it was a great surprise to be RIGHT on the water.   I added a photo of an accurate map of the layout.

2.  It was quiet (may be due to covid with less occupancy but we were very pleased with how quiet it was … even with all the children enjoying themselves, it was very peaceful.

3.  Bathrooms  seem new and are clean and well maintained.

4.  Showers also seem new and are private room showers.

5.  Despite the upcoming cons, we had a nice time and would probably  return.

Cons:

1. The showers are clean and private but, unless I am just inept, they seem to have one temp setting (push button operation) and that setting is scalding hot.  Like for real,  it steamed up the whole room almost instantly and it was too hot to actually use.  I truly could not understand it.   I left covered in steam and sweat - it was literally a steam room … in July.  Not cute.

2. The sites are VERY close to each other with almost no privacy / trees  to your left or right.  Due to Covid, the sites on either side of us were empty but otherwise it would have been alarmingly close.

3. There seems to be only one water spigot for the whole camp site.  You can get water from some  the dish clean sinks though.

4.  There was an ice cream truck that did rounds a few times a day.   I'm not a monster who does not like ice cream but … the music took us our of the element a bit.

5.  This is not exactly a con … more of an observation:  They have a very rigid and not quick registration process.  This may also be due to Covid but  you might want to be prepared for that possibility.

Myles Standish has several campgrounds

Myles Standish is ENORMOUS and has several campgrounds that are miles apart spanning more than one town.

I did a review on our stay at Curlew Pond Campground and it can be found at the Dyrt's page for that campground:

Clean campground. Nearby beaches

Lots of nearby beaches and restaurants. Campsites are simple. A patch of grass with a small bush or two, not very much shade, space or privacy. Tent sites do not have water or electricity but bathhouse is in easy walking range. A nice place to ride a bike around so definitely bring your bike. More of an RV park. RVs do have hookups. Bathrooms and showers are clean. $1.50 in quarters for a 6 min hot shower. Which is nice after a long day at the beach. Playground and courts on the premises and walking paths and an area that accesses the water if your wanted to throw a kayak in. It's a nice place for the location. But not much privacy really, and not much shade, but that will vary from site to site. It's nice because there is so much to do nearby and kept very clean. Our site ended up being right next to the bathhouse so there wasn't too much privacy there. I'd come back again though. And I would definitely come back in an RV instead of I could.