The best DRIVE IN camping near
Prince Frederick , MARYLAND

Most Recent Prince Frederick Camping Reviews
Something for everyone

This park has a sad history and is probably haunted, but it’s got ocean bay views, fishing, and historical recreations to visit. The campground is really nice, with water and sewer connections on the tulip loop. We used the web site to reserve our site ahead of time, and got a really sweet spot! There are a few mosquitoes, so don’t forget your spray. COVID-19 precautions have closed everything indoors, like the little museum, nature center, play ground and camp store.

Relaxing spot with convenient ammenities

It was both mine and my fiancé’s first time camping in a decade. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous about our experience. Every part either met or exceeded our expectations. We stayed at camp site ten, which was open yet felt like our own private spot. The were right by the water and the little waves lulled us to sleep each night. We were close to the building that has a kitchen, coffee and bathroom with a shower, which was super convenient. It’s a dog friendly spot and our dogs thrived while making new friends! James was kind, communicative and super helpful when it came to any questions we had.

Great location

New restrooms and close to the town but far enough to be dark and quiet like the outdoors!

Beautiful campground

Beautiful campground. We were in Tulip loop with full hookups. Very private large sites. Wooded with tall pines. The stars were amazing! Could see the Milky Way and every star in the sky no light pollution. Nice beaches and pet beach for our dogs.

5-star campground/trails, serious bug infestation

My family lives near Greenbelt National Park and we have hiked the five-mile perimeter trail dozens of times with our dogs. However, this park has a serious bug problem. Most  of the time, we return home from our hikes only to find ticks on at least one of us!

We were excited to finally tent camp at Greenbelt two years ago for my wife's 30th and had a memorable time around the campfire, but were disappointed the next day that chiggers and ticks had once again swarmed us on our hike. Enjoy the camping but wear bug repellent and stay out of the tall grasses!

Horrible Management. Made our vacation a nightmare. Left a week early!!!!

WE WILL NEVER GO BACK. I want other people to know our first experience was like. I wish I would HAVE READ ALL THE NEGATIVE reviews. OVER 20 NEGATIVE REVIEWS on various websites ALL INCLUDE MANAGER LINDA. Our first day people warned us on the bad water problem and it’s especially bad at our lot. It stormed, I see the back of our trailer sitting in a water that was rising near electrical hook up. A lady from the office came by our camper and said we should turn off our electric because the water was getting close to electric box, it's dangerous. I called the office. Linda came on the phone, so I politely explained the asked what they could do? She said, "It's not my responsibility; we cannot control Mother Nature." Started getting nasty, saying we didn't have to turn off the electric, it's up to us. How we can stay in the camper with no electric? Linda said we could leave and cancel our reservation. I asked is there anything she can do? No lots left, and even if I change your lot, it's dangerous to unhook it. I will keep an eye on the water, and if it rises, I will turn off the electric. Then abruptly hung up. Husband wrapped the cord up higher on the electric box. Next 3 nights, it rains, and we decided we would turn off the power and not stay overnight, risking damage to our camper. Office said$32 for each night we didn't stay. Why it’s not our fault? Linda said I offered to move you, and you didn't want that. That is not what was said. Linda got loud and talked over me, saying I could leave if I wanted to. I told her we were not paying the fee and asked why we were put in that spot in the first place if it had a water problem? As a Manager, I feel she should not have put anyone in that spot. It seems most of the campers who stay there are aware of the water problem, so much they warned us. It's a shame that she is the Manager there. I can believe that she is still running that place given all the negative reviews and complaints about the Community Manager Linda.

Great spot around Northern Virginina

We were here for just one night during September. Our first time camping in the area and since COVID. Check in process was relatively simple, just pull up and pop out of your car to check in, with mask of course. We got a quick run down, some wood and a brochure with maps and area info. We were at site 133, non electric non water. I feel like the spots at the end of each loop might have slightly more privacy, but our site was fine. It included a picnic table and probably the best fire pit with grill that I've had in a while. It rained the night before we came, and the night we were there so the ground was pretty wet. Bathrooms had a sign for taking care with COVID precautions, and to wear your mask. Bathrooms were ok, but floors were a mess from muddy feet. Not much to be done about that. There were showers, and a dishwashing sink, plus laundry available. It's nice to know we've got a close spot to escape to if we don't have time to go far. This is a pet friendly campground. There's a lot to do out at the whole park, and its worth exploring (we just didn't have time). I'm sure its so pretty out near the water.

Nice Small Campsite Close to DC

Nice small campsite in MD not too far from DC. One negative was that when it rains it really flushes through the grounds. We had a site on the lower end of the loop and our site was hard to set up as we arrived during a storm and it was very wet even after the rain died down. Another negative was after the storm for the next few days we heard trees falling nearby. Where we were hiking. 😬 The positives are as others have pointed out there is a huge park for kids- it’s not within walking distance for little kids but it’s a very short drive by the entrance to the park. There’s also another small park on the loop. The restrooms were central and well maintained. We found a small river and swimming hole at the bottom of the hill off to the side opposite the cabins/park. All sites had a picnic table and fire ring. Firewood available from camp host. Hiking poles would have been good for the trails when we had a kid in a pack on our back. Overall a nice close small campground.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.