Camping in Dunn

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Dunn, Georgia

722 Reviews of 67 Dunn, Georgia Campgrounds

Brandon L.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great year round! Pack warm layers in winter.

There’s a little something for everyone here. Fishing in the lake, renting paddle boats, putt putt, short hikes, long hikes, MTB trails,… you name it! The area has had lots of bear sitings so keep that in mind. We had our marshmallows snatched right off of our picnic table 2ft behind us one night!!…

Sitetent camping
Ava C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

Caitlin
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Amazing Weekend Getaway

This is a great, cozy campground! Major canopy coverage provides shade and seclusion. Many great family activities available at the visitors center. These were the CLEANEST bathhouses I’ve been to in my life.

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Beautiful location that needs better management

Beautiful grounds with a great wadding river, waterfalls, hiking, mountain views & fun little farm. Could be or maybe once was a great camping park, but it’s sorely lacking management, staff, repairs and cleanliness. We loved our stay and would go back. It’s a gem that just needs some…

• Top of waterfall. Follow the secret steps!
  • Best darn ducks!
SiteEnota RV
Marty A.

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

Ashley N.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Beautiful & dispersed

Near some trails (waterfall is 1mi from main trailhead). Forest road is super rough from east, I recommend coming from west. Lots of tent spots along road and water. Also a good backpacking spot on trail to waterfall (probably good for beginner backpackers)

• lots of trees!
E
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot but few issues

We were at spot #61 and the view and privacy was fantastic. We originally were in spot “v” but their electricity stopped working. no shade whatsoever at 61 and ANTS, ants everywhere. They managed to get in our vehicle and they swarmed our toddlers car seats. They managed to invade our camper also.…

• beach area
  • spot 61
T
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Needs some TLC

We stayed there six years ago this week in fact. I loved where they put us. It was perfect. The down side not all all the washer and dryers were working. I would go to the office to get a cup of coffee out of a carafe which I had to pay for and the next day I came and it was the same coffee. Would…

Siteright on the creek nestled in the corner
Guy F.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

STOLEN EQUIPMENT

Towns County Sheriff's Office, Georgia 3tSpongsoreufhd· Towns County Sheriff's Office and Cherokee County, GA Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at Enota Moutan Retreat. Investigators located heavy equipment stolen from Cherokee County, GA Sheriff's Office as well as other jurisdictions in…

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Need 4wd

Seems like a beautiful place but need 4wd so we couldn't get within 0.9 miles of the campground. the mud holes are deeper than they look and road is rugged with huge rocks 🪨