The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Birmingham Road Estates , GEORGIA

Most Recent Birmingham Road Estates Camping Reviews
Nice Lake side camp site 52

This site was a nice distance away from the RV focused campsites at the same location. Site 52 was close to site 53 and 54 and would be a good choice if you are looking to camp with multiple families over multiple sites. Many of the other sites on the tent only loop are more spread out. With that said, site 52 was still fairly private due to the grade of the land. The site itself could fit a 5-6+ person tent or two medium tents very well. The bathhouse is a small walk from most of the camp sites. We brought water with us so we did not go looking, but the bathhouse sink seemed to be the only source for water. The best part of site 52 is the nearly perfect easterly direction of the site. On a clear day you can watch the sunrise from your tent.

This year(2021) it seems they repaved most of the roads at the campgrounds so if you are bringing bikes or scooters it will be a smooth ride around the grounds.

Lake Lanier a popular with fisherman so there is a good bit of motor boat noise. I did not find it to be bothersome. If you are camping with kids, it can be fun watching the boats as you sit by the lake.

If you live in the Atlanta area and looking for a quick and simple weekend camping trip this is a nice location.

A favorite of ours

Most sites are small and close together. Park is hilly. And yet it’s one of my favorite parks. Very clean and the staff are amazing and super kind. It’s the little things right.

Everything was perfect

I have nothing bad to say about this park. We loved our stay.

We RV'd at site 61 with our 21 foot long airstream. It was our very first trip with our airstream and we could not have asked for a better location. We loved the size and shape of the campsites. Ours had some stairs leading down to the firepit. It's a small detail but it made for a beautiful site!

The tall trees are abound and the constant sound of the creek water flowing was very peaceful.

Very quiet park. It was not very busy when we went because the temperatures were a bit chilly. Everyone was respectful with noise.

Bathrooms were in excellent condition. Great hot water and water pressure.

The Campground Hosts… this park is blessed with some heroes. One morning, it was pouring rain, and I did not want to walk in the cold rain to get to the shower. The camp host saw me waiting outside my airstream for the rain to slow down, and then he drove me (in his golf cart) to the showers. Then when I was done, he drove me back home!

We also had an issue on our way out of the park - our trailer jack broke when we were hitching up. We asked 2 camp hosts for their opinion and advice on what to do (again, this was our first time!), and they were both incredibly kind, explained our options, and one even gave us some supplies from his own toolbox to fix it! I think his name was Jeff. Jeff, thank you again for all of your help! We made it to Home Depot and fixed the jack, and we used one of the bolts you provided us!

Wonderful park with wonderful people - don't hesitate to book here!

Great place

We go to camp here at least twice a year. Despite the crazy traffic in the capitol city, there are many restaurants with good food nearby.

Love TWoS!!!

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times. The owner takes great great pride in his ownership. He was able to buy it from a family whom let the place go down hill then rebuilt it himself with family and friends. The cabins are warm at night without the need for a heat source. The shower house is also climate controlled. There are no designated places for tents therefore you don't necessarily have to stay in the first spot you picked. Another thing I love about the ownership is your bill is on the honor system. They will not hound you about what you owe. You can pay as you go or wait for the total as you leave. You are far enough in the sticks but also close to whatever you need from down the road. He placed 2 or 3 (can't remember) posts for electricity and never complained about me stinging my 100' extension cord through the creek so we could enjoy the fire pits as well as the electricity for phones and tent heaters. Their food is very good too sadly, only on the weekends from Friday evening to Sunday morning.

One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Many trials

Fort Yargo is a bit of history for Georgia, restored cabin from 1792. Boating, hiking, camping and cabins with another area that is a private resort. Lots of room 1816 acres, 16 cabins, 6 yurts. Many tent and trailers spots. #34 has full hookups. There is a nice pavilion and a fairly new welcome center. It is easy to get to and there is playgrounds for the young ones.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.