the dyrt
Camden, DELAWARE
Most Recent Camden Camping Reviews
Nice spot!

Cape henlopen is one of five or six Delaware state parks that offer RV camping. Sites vary in size so make sure you check the details before you book. Using their online campground map along with google earth will give you a pretty good idea. Water and electric hookups only. There are 3 dump stations as you exit the park which is really nice. I have never had to wait. Most sites offer good shade by the local pine trees. Nice bike trails and hiking through the dunes. They even offer free bike rentals. Clean bath houses as well. If they had Full hookups I would give 5 stars (I am spoiled I know).

Great for passing through!

Stayed here on a road trip with some friends passing through from Atlantic City. Unfortunately when we stayed we werent allowed to have a fire. But luckily, its in a great location, near Ocean City, MD and Rehoboth Beach, so there was plenty to see and do. Nice little beach too!

Old-fashioned, friendly, amenity filled campground!

We visited MANY campgrounds in Del. Pa. and N.J. looking for a place to stay seasonally. Once we went to Hospitality Creek, I knew we found our home. The people, activites, roomy sites, pools, beautiful lake for swimming and boating/fishing, snack bar with breakfast and full lunch/dinner menu made it such an easy choice. It is on the pricy side for nightly/weekly camping rates, but really worth every dollar!

Nice for a short visit

Pros: this campground was nice and clean, with decent amenities (including FREE hot showers!). I stayed there on a Saturday, and walked in without a reservation and was able to get a site. They had a few ranger-led events that night that I was able to partake in (a hay ride for a small fee, and a night hike that was free). They were both enjoyable, and everyone that worked there that I encountered was very pleasant.

Cons: the sites are pretty close together with no real trees or privacy in between, at least where I was located. So, I would stay here again for a night if I was passing through, but I wouldn't make this place a 'destination.'

Affordable near the Delaware Beaches

Deep Branch Family Campground has both open and wooded sites, all offering water and electric. In addition to a dump station, the campground has a free honeywagon available upon request. Most sites are on hard sand and fairly level. The road through the campsite is a bit tight, but we were able to navigate our 37 foot motorhome. Most of the sites are seasonal campers, and the transient sites are scattered throughout the campground. Wonderful, friendly people. Clean. It is a short drive to the beaches, but the rate is so much better than other campgrounds that it's worth it.

Huge Forest With A Few Designated Tent Sites

This is a good free state forest with maybe 10 (or less) designated tent-camping sites, and designated areas for deer hunting. Each campsite features a picnic table or two, and a fire pit, plus one bundle of firewood. The ground is dirt covered with woodchips and sometimes evergreen needles -- pretty easy to sleep in a tent. There are a couple portapotties in the camping area, which are a few feet from one campsite, or a few blocks from another. There is one water pump. And there are plenty of hiking trails in the state forest, complete with mushrooms, and deer-hunting-stands.

RV camping is not encouraged. Horseriding is encouraged. And you may regret not brining mosquito repellent. The blood-suckers are relentless.

My only beef is that it's a legitimate campground, which means, neighbors. But the neighbors aren't unreasonably close, so it's actually pretty good.

Love this place, book two visits a year.

There are two areas of camping at the Delaware Seashore State Park. The north and south side which is divided by the Indian River Inlet. The south side has the guarded beach, concessions and a new restaurant called "The Big Chill Beach Club". The north side camping area has a marina, restaurant called "Hammerheads Dockside". The beach is unguarded and also allow your pups with you on the beach. My camping experience is from the North side only, we have never camped on the south side. The sites are level, spacious. 30 and 50 amp. Bathhouses are always clean. camp hosts and staff that we have encountered have always been profession and kind. Highly recommend however, if you plan on a "in season" visit you will need to make reservations far in advance.

Small campground, large sites, lots of shade

Two thumbs up on this small campground with spacious, wooded sites!

We stayed here on a Thursday when the campground was almost empty, but there was a reservations list that showed the campground would be full for the Columbus Day weekend. We have good luck walking up to campgrounds during the week, but we look ahead to weekends and make reservations.

Spacious, Wooded Sites

- Lots of shade and trees on large sites and space between sites make this a pleasant campground.

• Parking pads on the electric loop are asphalt.

• There's very finely crushed rock on the non-electric loop. This includes the parking pad and tent pad.

• There are 8 camper cabins, 4 on each loop. There are beds for 4 or 6 people, and the cabins have air conditioning, a ceiling fan and electricity. These are a nice alternative to camping in a tent.

• Bathrooms are located in the middle of each loop, and there are spigots on the loops with potable water.

Small Park But Many Activities

• Canoe/kayak launch between sites 46 and 48. The walk to Tuckahoe Creek from the parking area is very short, and the creek leads to Tuckahoe Lake (no gasoline motors) with more of the creek on the other side of the lake.

• Fishing

• 20 miles of hiking trails are also open for biking and horseback riding.

• Archery range

• Disc golf

• Hunting - as a hiker, I am extremely wary of hiking in parks at a time when hunting is allowed.

Great family get away!

We stayed here the last weekend in September and it was wonderful. It's only 6 miles from the famous Wildwood boardwalk but you never have to leave the campground because they have so many planned activities. We stayed in the Ultra VIP section and had plenty of room to back in (total combined length of our truck and trailer is 52'). Nice concrete patio and all hookups worked well.

Eh

It xould use a little work nothing to bad though still had fun

I would say this is an awesome campground. The staff is great as well.

That is an all around fantastic campground . They have many activities, lake , and pool. If you have a problem, they are very accommodating for you and straighten it out .

Great go-to place for a long weekend

The sites close to the lake the end of the loops are large with great views of the lake. Docks for fishing and launching a kayak are at the end of each loop. Well maintained 5-mile bike/hike trail. Live music at the nature center in the summer. In general, very quiet and restful location for a quick getaway.

Best in the off-season

Extremely over crowded in the summer. The park closes daily very early as it hits capacity. The best times to go are winter, spring, and fall. Lights on the Bay is a great Christmas light drive thru that's over a mile long. Great host for the polar bear plunge.

Beautiful andhidden

Bautiful suprise…quiet and enchanted

Experience the bay.

Great day at the beach.

Nice hiking area.

Great view of the bay!

Nice trails

Nice area for a family hike and a picnic.

Clean bathrooms, great location and good sized sites

Elk Neck had some of the cleanest bathrooms I've ever used, and the camp sites were a good size. I didn't feel like anyone was on top of me which was nice. Pretty quiet too, which is always a plus

Worth it!

After reading the reviews about the water that can accumulate in the campground I was worried. Rain was scheduled for the morning so we were prepared to shift to sleeping in the car. I am so glad we came! Yes, it rained and yes, this campground gets wet, but it did drain as the afternoon wore on. The attendant also let us move to a recently vacated site that was less wet. The space was large enough for my car, our tent, a canopy and more. It was level. The bathrooms were clean and there were good showers with great water pressure. If you stay on the south side you have great views of the inlet and the bay and are a short walk to a really nice little beach that also has a shockingly good beach bar and restaurant. We drove about 15 minutes to another part of the state park on the bay to paddleboard and our campground pass was also a state park parking permit. Night time in August was bearable due to the lovely breezes.

Beautiful, clean, quiet and wonderful place to be.

Its a wonderful place to be. Rangers and staff are very helpful and friendly. Sites are far apart, which is nice.

Around the corner

A small state park surrounding a large pond. The campground is located on the backside of the park, with its own entrance, so follow directions carefully. Because of this, it’s slightly removed from the beach and other service areas of the park, but is connected by multi use trails. Great for biking, as the recently finished Mike Castle trail along the C&D Canal is right across the street.

Beautiful Campground

We stayed in a yurt. it was a great experience that we would definitely do again. There is a small lake that was great to kayak on.

Excellent state park camping experience

This is a great campground in Susquehanna State Park. The campsites are separated more widely than many other parks in Maryland (Cunningham Falls, Ft. Frederick, Pt. Lookout), and are quite secluded in comparison. The sites are generally well shaded, and the campground abuts a nice forested area which is great for hiking. It's also a short drive from the Susquehanna River, so fishing is a potential as well. It has the usual state park amenities; water faucets, trash dumpsters, picnic tables & fire rings. All you need for decadent car camping. :-) I thoroughly enjoyed visiting, and would go back in a heartbeat! Unfortunately my main camping buddy now lives in VA, so it's a bit much of a drive for him for a weekend.

Only spot in northern DE

Great RV amenities. large spots. nice pond with a nice trail for mtb or hiking. very easy trail for both. boat ramp onsite. zip line. overall very nice place

Hiking

I haven't camped here but we love the dog-friendly hiking trails. We have walked through the site areas and they seem to be a nice size but not offering too much privacy. We are usually there in the off season so not sure how crazy it gets in the warmer months with the lake being there.

We're already booked for next year!

First, let me start by saying this campground is not what I usually like. I like trees, mountains, shade… this is a beach, plain and simple. That being said- we absolutely loved it and are already booked for next year! It was easy to find. Sites were very well marked. Friendly staff. Beautiful views. Ocean was a short 5 minute walk from our campsite- along with a playground and delicious restaurant (that even served vegan food!)! I didn't use the bathroom/bathhouse, but my husband said they were clean, well maintained and had excellent water pressure. Sites were a bit tight; I believe online it says they're 45x30 but I find that hard to believe. Our trailer is almost 38 feet and we only had a little room left over. Sites were level and paved along with some sand and grass. Also a picnic table- no fire rings at the sites, but there were a couple campfire areas scattered around the park. We spent most of our time at the beach anyway so the small site really didn't matter much. The campground is split into two sides of the river. The larger one that we stayed at had a life guarded beach. The beach on the other side had no lifeguard, but dogs were allowed on that beach and the water seemed a bit calmer and clearer over there. We stayed for 5 nights and every night was quiet except Friday- that's when our neighbors decided to get drunk and sing karaoke until 2am. People please, if alcohol tells you that you sound like Stevie Knicks, don't believe it. You don't. And no one wants to be woken up by your screeching. We complained the next morning (and from what I understand, several other people did too) and that night they came and spoke to them about quiet hours and we had no more problems after that. It's right next to a bridge- which is beautiful at night- but we didn't hear the traffic as much as I expected. Tent sites were closer to the bridge, though, so I'm not sure how noisy they were… Overall, it was a great location (only about 15 minutes from the Rehobeth Beach boardwalk) with excellent amenities. Highly recommended!

RV Park surrounded by water!

Our first visit (March 2018) was just prior to peak season (lower rates) and we had a site literally 10 ft. from the water! Full hook ups and sites were a little close, but nice. There seemed to be a lot of long term/permanent residents, but most sites along the waterfront remained open. The campground seemed to stress pet restrictions both in the rules section of their registration packet and signage around the grounds. There was a pet exercise/walking area, but could use some sprucing up. However, no one really made an issue of walking your dog around the campground and as the weekend came around, more and more dogs were around.

You have to drive through a residential neighborhood to reach Bar Harbor, so big rigs take care/caution. Would like to try Bar Harbor again sometime.

Fun for kids

Sites are very wooded, close to eachother. Fun for kids. The lake is huge, the pools are crowded but fun. There is a splash pad for little ones. Our 3 yr old loved it.

State Park, multiple types of campsites/hook ups.

One of our go-to camping sites near Laurel, DE. Situated on Trap Pond and an old cypress swamp. Multiple sites a short distance to the pond and most have at least a view of the water. Sites are water and electric. Some loops have 50 amp service, so check the reservation system for your specific needs. Some pull through sites, tent hike-in area and yurts available. Small camp store at the check-in cabin. Small boat launch area also for canoeing and kayaks. Believe there is a group camping area as well and a group picnic pavilion.

Have been there for several July 4th's and they had an Elvis impersonator in concert across the pond at the swimming/picnic area!