The best WALK IN camping near
Crestone , COLORADO

Most Recent Crestone Camping Reviews
Open Space Lots of Stars

Stayed 3 days back in March 2020. This is a well maintained no thrills RV park in the desert region of Colorado. Flat and level spaces that can accommodate any size RV. Large clean laundry facility and clean restroom and showers. Beautiful at night watching the stars but WINDY WINDY WINDY during the day. Good location to access dunes and south west park of Colorado. Did I say it was windy here!? It’s windy!

Great Road Trip Campsite

There are many beautiful campsites here. Tenting sites are separated from RV sites, which I appreciated. There are beautiful fire pits and standard picnic tables. Night temps were good for car camping in winter months. Hikes of any length can be started right from the campground or a short drive away. Maximum stay allowed is 72 hours.

Beautiful view

One of few places to camp close to Great Sand Dunes NP in winter months. Electric sites with semi-covered picnic table and fire pits. I think toliet were closed for the season but didn’t try. Colorado hunting/fishing license required for sites

Perfect

In between mountains, tall pines and rivers, does camping get any better? Close to everything you need but you will feel away from it all.

Beautiful campground, rough road

This is a great campground. Beautiful views, plenty of space and access to some great hiking.

The hike to Zapata Falls was very crowded, even when the campground wasn't full; a lot of people make the drive just for the falls. I would highly recommend the hike to Zapata Lake. It's strenuous but beautiful.

The road to the campground is very rough. Be prepared to go slow, especially if you have a small car. I have a small car and driving this road was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. Take your time. And let people who are going faster than you pass.

We were by ourselves that night

Not far from Great Sand Dunes NP, this state park has some very nice spots and a easy hike to the falls. We were there the last ski day of the year in April and we had the entire campground to ourselves. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. :)

Leave no trace.

Unique and Amazing

First thing is first, this is a place where clothing is optional.

Valley View is a large swath of land with about 12 beautiful pools and about 20+ camping spots. You need to reserve well in advance as the demand is much higher than the capacity.

The camp spots themselves are not all that great, though perfectly suitable. Most are exposed (interesting choice of words considering the naturist aspect of the place) and about 1/3 have a great view of the expansive valley below (hence the name).

The gem here is the wonderful landscape and the soaking pools throughout. I can't speak highly enough about the pools, the overall vibe and the expansive views. But this place is not for everyone. You need to be able to chill and relax and be cool with nudity. If you meet that criteria, you just found your new favorite place.

Leave no trace.

NOT FREE

We came here thinking it was a converted BLM land on the off season but were corrected by a knock on the door in the morning to inform us that we need a hunting or fishing permit to stay here.

We were misled by other online resources and just wanted to help others out!!

A wonderful getaway

Beautiful, peaceful and most importantly a very clean campground for adventurers and families alike! My girlfriend and I loved our stay here!

Lovely small RV park right in town, but right on the river

Fantastic little campground right on the Arkansas river. It’s also right across the road from a Walmart and a Sonic, but down in a small valley so you don’t hear the road noise. It was our first night in our new RV and we’d happily go back. Our site was backed up directly to the river. Helpful hosts, hookups available, a great place to camp peacefully yet still be right near the amenities of Salida. The expedition company is right next door as well offering all sorts of activities.