The best GROUP camping near
Rainbow , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Rainbow Camping Reviews
Perfect weekend getaway !

Lake Perris was a fun and clean place to camp at! We did some fishing, bike riding, the water was clear, and my kids loved it. There is a cool museum were the amazing staff provided us with interesting history about the lake and Indian tribes. Such a fun and peaceful place to hangout at!

Arroyo Seco loop...Clean and quiet

Car camped here 1/15/21 for 2 nights. It’s a few miles outside of Temecula, CA. Easy access via paved road (hwy 79). The resort contains a number of special purpose campground loops. I was in Arroyo Seco. Site #305 doesn’t have much shade but not much of a problem in January. Most sites in this loop are open. Sites to the right as you drive in have more tree cover. There are no power hookups in this section. If you’re tent camping or car camping it doesn’t matter. By Friday night it was filled with huge fifth wheel RVs effectively boondocking with generators. Plenty of families with kids. By 10 pm generators are off and kids are asleep and it was very quiet. Bathroom for the loop was clean. I saw staff cleaning several times a day. Wasn’t much used as all the RVs have their own bathroom in the rig. This is a nice campground for all tent and RV campers. If you’re looking for privacy this isn’t the place, but with a pool (closed for now), miniature golf, bar and restaurant ( take out only) there’s plenty to do for families who want that. Easy hike to Vail Lake reservoir.

O’Neill Local quick getaway

Excellent and well maintained campground with nice bathrooms and showers. Lots of oak tree and shade.

Love this place

My family and I enjoy coming here. We live close by and take out travel trailer there . We love it the sites are great and the staff is very helpful

Great place

We had a great family weekend at this place. So beautiful staff was very friendly

Super easy, free, and fun!

We rolled in after dark and found a spot super easy that was secluded and perfect for tent camping. We had a nice hike in the morning before heading back to Julian for pie :)

Amazing but not level

This campground was a great unexpected surprise! The kid at the check-in station is just the sweetest! We were told to go look around and pick out a site and just go back and tell them… Well the campground is HUGE and it took a while in the RV to go all the way to the end (Catfish) where they suggested, back to let them know, and then back to set up camp. But after all that we got to sit back and relax and watch the beautiful sunset!

there are a couple oddities here though - for an RV campground there is a ton of ground that is not level. Pretty much only the sites right along the water are level because you're basically on the beach.  We lucked out with one of those and no one else around because of the holiday/covid.

The lake is no-touch, so no dipping your toes in, no letting the dog splash, nothing. But a couple people were fishing.

It was so quiet and peaceful that I couldn't imaging a better last night to our vacation! I would think in normal circumstances, though, this place must be crazy and a site on the water means sharing your beautiful spot with anyone who wants to walk right by. Although you may feel like you get your own beach, you don't.

There are two dump stations but for some reason there is a plastic ring that prevents the hose from going in the ground so its a bit gross.  There's propane at the market where the front entrance is.

It felt like this is a family-run campground and I mean that in the best way!

RIGHT ON THE SAND!

This was the first campground my family and I visited back in September of 2019 when we started testing out the whole camping thing!

We borrowed a 1985 VW Vanagon from a friend and wanted to pick a spot we knew would be an easy WIN. This campground was exactly that.

We found a campsite online last minute. It was a beach front site for $60 a night, which was more than I wanted to pay but was worth it.

We met great people, took a fun bike ride, and spent lots of time on the beach and in the ocean.

We’d go back for sure.

Pitch Your Tent & Surf

The San Elijo Campsite, SoCal is an awesome destination for everyone. Especially, camping beginners, family camping with kids, and surfers of all levels.

The campsites are located atop a beachside bluff for some spectacular sunsets, checking the surf and people watching. The rangers are awesome and super friendly. The campsite store is convenient but if you need something you can drive to a Ralph’s grocery store in 5 minutes.

Facilities include: bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc… this place has it all.

Have fun. Go surfing

A MUST!

Great, clean, campground for the family. My daughter, dog, wife and I enjoyed two nights here in November 2020 for my birthday. We didn’t have a reservation but they do a lottery at 11am each day and we got spots for two nights.

Really easy to get to. We’ll go back a few times a year.