About Campland

Campland on the Bay is a destination RV resort open 365 days a year. We've been voted San Diego's favorite campground many times. Campland is located on Mission Bay, the world's largest aquatic park, just east of Crown Point and occupy 40 prime acres with over 500 sites.

Private
Campland is located in California
10 Reviews of Campland
Fun for a group

We came here with a large group of families for Spring Break 50 people. We had 4 campsites all next to each other. The camp hosts were all very nice, they drove around quite a bit making sure all was good. For how many sites they have it didn’t seem too crowded. The bathrooms and showers were always clean. The dumpsters were never overflowing. We had the beach all to ourselves on day. I never went on the store, restaurant or pool but the kids were in there all the time. We never ran into any rude or obnoxious campers. He only bad thing was were just so happens to be there during a marathon, that was VERY loud but not camplands fault and it is a bit pricy but there is a lot to do there.

This is NOT camping.

Seriously, I felt like I was in the dirtier, cheaper version of Kellerman's…

If you're looking for a place to park an RV and you like being surrounded by hundreds of people, then you may like this. They offer a skateboard park, surf lessons, a swimming pool, basketball, dodgeball, a fitness center, ping pong, an arcade, bike rental and even supervised kids' activities. Prices start at $60/night for a "primitive/dry" site. Not a bad deal if all you want to do is drink heavily, get sunburned and tell people you went to San Diego.

Good Family Fun

I used to come here as a kid and have so many fun memories. Taking my daughter there now is such a great experience to create new memories

Urban camping on Mission Bay, CA

This legendary campground is located on the shores of Mission Bay, in beautiful San Diego, CA. Children who came here in the 1960's with their families, later came with their children, who are now bringing their children! You'll hear many stories of how several generations have made lasting and cherished memories at this family-friendly guard-gated camping compound!

My first visit to Campland on the Bay was in 1993, and they have continually improved their facilities and amenities to stay modern and appealing to campers of all ages. As a parent, there is peace of mind that your child can explore, play, and make new friends all within the security of the park. As an active adult, there's never a dull moment with all there is to do…

Campland on the Bay has a general store, cafe/grill, park area with stage and fun scheduled events for all ages, pool, spa, playground, arcade, skateboard park, fitness room, laundry, bike rentals, restroom and shower facilities, bon fires on the beach, and marina with boat and water-craft rentals. I'm sure I am forgetting lots more!

Campland on the Bay is a one-stop family vacation destination! 5 stars + more!

Family Resort style camping

We have been 3 years in a row and plan on continuing to go for as long as our kids like.

I call this place the Woodstock for kids. It is a huge area directly on the bay, so no matter where your spot is, you are near water. There is a calendar of events that run all day everyday. So at 8 am there may be yoga on the beach, then at 10 there is going to be a dodgeball game, 1:00 water balloon catching contest. Since it it geared towards kids and families, there are kids EVERYWHERE. Riding bikes, scooters, skateboards or someother wheeled contraption. Everywhere! My kids (11 & 9) absolutely love it here. Oh, I almost forgot the live cover bands every Friday and Saturday night!

There is a general store, ice cream store and cantina on site but as you would expect it is very pricey. Mommy/Daddy drinks are $6-$8 for a beer and $10 for a small mixed drink. The food is…not good, I would rather eat at a gas station, so plan accordingly.

My kids always make new friends right away and are never bored. They plan everything around the calendar of events.

I love "real" camping but the freedom and independence that this place affords my kids is so fun to watch.

Busy campsite, nice neighbors

Stayed here for 2 nights. It's pretty crowded, but expected for a nice beach site

Ita okay, not great.

Very busy, little loud. Not a desolate form of camping. It's great to be near the city. The campground is well maintained. Good views off the bay. Very busyh though. Watch for bikers and pedestrians. They did do a great job making the questival groups feel welcome.

Campland on the Bay. Great Family experience!

We've stayed at Campland several times. We've tent camped and brought our 5th wheel. It's a beautiful location with lots of amenities. Many people don't know about the dog park, which is quite large! There is also a well equipped gym. My kids favorite event is the dodgeball games on the basketball courts. The whole day revolves around those. There is so much for adults and kids to do that you can choose to relax or be up and going all day. I highly recommend this resort.

Amazing location and lots of fun!

Not only is Campland by the water, but there is so much to do! The campground is huge, and if you like having a lot of activities available, this is the place for you. It sits next to the bay, which is calmer and the beach is private to the campground. I've seen people jet ski, sail, paddle boat, play beach volleyball, and swim, and there are even bonfire pits on the beach! There is laundry available, a small market, a gym, and even a restaurant/grill. The campground has both short and long term reservations available (and plenty of people are there long term), so if you are here for awhile, I definitely recommend bringing a bike to get around the campground. There are two hot tubs and a large pool, and they were never too crowded (though I often went in the evening). They even have security, and everyone who works there is incredibly kind. Although Campland is located in Pacific Beach, one of the more touristy areas of San Diego, it doesn't feel overwhelmed with people, and is a bit tucked back, since it is next to a wildlife reserve. It is definitely a hidden gem, and I truly enjoyed my stay there.

Oh Campland. The Epic Hotel of City Camping.

I thought I would hate Campland. It is the opposite of what I imagine camping to be. There are two swimming pools and hot tubs. A stage for music, grocery, arcade, pizza cafe, marina, private beach with water rentals and lots of people (it fills up all summer). Instead I loved it. The same you might love Coney Island. It's perfect for being what it is.

Campsites for RVs are well shaded and they have mini privacy walls separating every couple of sites. Tent sites are a little more hit or miss with shade and you can see they have a large population of car-campers taking the less shaded sites. They have clean bathrooms and showers.

The place is built like a mini city right on Mission Bay with views of downtown San Diego. It's definitely a different type of camping. According to the employees at the desk a lot of the RV sites are reserved years in advance by the same families who come the same week every year. You definitely will see plenty of kids running around and 50 foot rvs towing jeeps and golf carts. There is a big "meadow" near the beach for napping and there is a full stage for music events which they hold weekly in the summer. It is the best spot to watch the nightly fireworks from the nearby Sea World.

They have enforced quiet hours which makes a huge impact with all the families. It is dog friendly. It is a great spot for staying if you want to visit San Diego and be right on the water. The marina has boats, kayaks, surf, etc for rent.

But…It's not really camping! You can walk from there to the main drag of Pacific Beach/Mission Beach or even to the ocean (just over a mile.)