The best BOAT IN camping near
Rainbow , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Rainbow Camping Reviews
Perfect weekend getaway !

Lake Perris was a fun and clean place to camp at! We did some fishing, bike riding, the water was clear, and my kids loved it. There is a cool museum were the amazing staff provided us with interesting history about the lake and Indian tribes. Such a fun and peaceful place to hangout at!

Love this place

My family and I enjoy coming here. We live close by and take out travel trailer there . We love it the sites are great and the staff is very helpful

Great place

We had a great family weekend at this place. So beautiful staff was very friendly

Amazing but not level

This campground was a great unexpected surprise! The kid at the check-in station is just the sweetest! We were told to go look around and pick out a site and just go back and tell them… Well the campground is HUGE and it took a while in the RV to go all the way to the end (Catfish) where they suggested, back to let them know, and then back to set up camp. But after all that we got to sit back and relax and watch the beautiful sunset!

there are a couple oddities here though - for an RV campground there is a ton of ground that is not level. Pretty much only the sites right along the water are level because you're basically on the beach.  We lucked out with one of those and no one else around because of the holiday/covid.

The lake is no-touch, so no dipping your toes in, no letting the dog splash, nothing. But a couple people were fishing.

It was so quiet and peaceful that I couldn't imaging a better last night to our vacation! I would think in normal circumstances, though, this place must be crazy and a site on the water means sharing your beautiful spot with anyone who wants to walk right by. Although you may feel like you get your own beach, you don't.

There are two dump stations but for some reason there is a plastic ring that prevents the hose from going in the ground so its a bit gross.  There's propane at the market where the front entrance is.

It felt like this is a family-run campground and I mean that in the best way!

A MUST!

Great, clean, campground for the family. My daughter, dog, wife and I enjoyed two nights here in November 2020 for my birthday. We didn’t have a reservation but they do a lottery at 11am each day and we got spots for two nights.

Really easy to get to. We’ll go back a few times a year.

Crowded, But Fun

I live across the street, but have been coming here to camp for years. The vibe is groups of young friends stoked on their new-found independence and families with RVs or trailers with the latest toys. The hardcore surfing nomads stealth camp in their bubble-top vans outside of the park on the streets. Walking distance to Cottons point for surfing and to hangout among the beach huts.

Private campsite

I went to stop by checking campsite. That day office was closed, but I got flyers.

Very Private

Perfect get away close to the city clean, hook ups, hiking trails, beautiful views

Great Campsite

Lake Jennings Campground is a great campsite tucked away in Lakeside, CA. There are a good amount of campsites, and plenty with great views of the lake (“Preferred View” sites). We stayed in site 91 for 4 nights from Monday to Thursday night while the campground was pretty empty. I imagine it would be a little louder when it’s at full capacity, but we had no noise issues from fellow campers. However, there was plenty of random noise from the military helicopters that randomly flew overhead. It wasn’t disruptive, just unexpected. This campground is not secluded by any means, so the air traffic shouldn’t be a surprise. Honestly, it’s hard to go anywhere in San Diego County without air traffic interruptions.

We chose Site 91 because it was at the top of a moderate hill at the end of the road, in an attempt to experience reduced traffic from other campers. The site was a Preferred View site and it did not disappoint! Views of the lake at sunrise and sunset were amazing and made for the perfect vista from our RV bed. An added benefit of the Preferred View sites is the privacy since no one is camped behind you. Our particular site even had useful shrubbery on each side to create a quasi sense of privacy between sites. Each site has a nice little fire pit and picnic table, and there was plenty of room for a second vehicle in addition to our van.

There are plenty of restroom facilities sprinkled throughout so nothing is inconvenient. The restrooms are individual bathrooms with showers that are hot and NOT coin operated, so enjoy a full hair washing session if there’s not a line. The only caution: pincher bugs. Just brush them off and go about your business. But like everything, check the toilet seat and your clothes before proceeding.

Finally, internet service was great for Verizon. We got 23 Mbps with 3 bars of 4G LTE unboosted, and 69 (!!!) Mbps with 5 bars using a simple MIMO antenna. We live and work in our RV (20’ Class B) full time, so this was crucial. The staff was also great. They were regularly driving by, cleaning or maintaining the grounds. In the end, we will definitely camp here again.

Kids had a blast

We took my nephews here and they cried when they had to leave. It was a lot of fun for us. The boys fished alllll day long and actually had a few catches. The people who were camping here were really nice! They seemed to love their campsites and highly recommended it.