The best GROUP camping near
St. Joe , ARKANSAS

Most Recent St. Joe Camping Reviews
Rock climbing with our van

Absolutely love this place! Rock climbing galore. There is an office to buy some supplies (and you will need to check in and pay there) I would suggest the climbing book they have for sale which has a map of all the routes and their rating. We took our ram Pro master. Steep and rocky to get down but very doable. Highly suggest one of our favorite places.

We took our two kiddos and they had a blast! Bathroom, camping, outdoor tables, roaming goats and horses.

Nice campground to Get Away From It All

I've camped here many times in the past 4 years. Initially camping was free (no fee required). The past few times (in 2020) the fee had been reinstated and was $10 per day. An additional vault toilet had been added as well as other upgrades like very nice fire pits.

A short section of the south road in from highway 16 was quite narrow because of a landslide but had been partially repaired and was passable.

If you travel the north road from the campground for about 3.5 miles you will get decent service from AT&T but I don't know about the other carriers.

There is some type of well near the entrance to the campsites but don't count on there being water. Supposedly it's ok to drink if there is. Richland creek is usually very clear and could be made potable by boiling in an emergency.

There are many waterfalls in the surrounding area. Cross Richland Creek on the west side of the campground to find a trailhead to three different waterfalls.

Beautiful Area, Clean Campsites & Bathrooms

Pros:

-Campground was completely empty when I arrived on a Thursday evening in December.

-Sites are separated by trees, so some privacy.

-There are more than one compositing toilet on site& they are cleaned regularly.

-Beautiful cliff views are a short walk away.

Cons:

-No water access, so bring your own

Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

This place is awesome!

Stopped in here on a recent family vacation through the Ozarks. The Outfitter store has everything you could need and more. The staff was very friendly. The canoe rates and shuttle rates were very fair and the food in the kitchen was delicious. Try the Sasquatch BLT!

It's Amazing!

The campsites are clean, well maintained and decent sized. The views of the bluffs are amazing. But the Elk….soooo majestic! The river running along the bluff makes for an almost trance-inducing sound as you awake to find a roaming herd of large beautiful elk in the campground with you. I have never seen anything like it.

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Our favorite spot!

My fiancé and I have been here several times with our dogs and always have the best time! The hosts are the sweetest and make it feel so homey!

Holy Buffalo!

Beautiful area. Gorgeous views and wildlife everywhere! Family is currently here for our annual Christmas Vacation.