Oxley , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Oxley Camping Reviews
Phenomenal

This is one of the most beautiful campgrounds. Limited sites, but it sits right by the water. Definitely better for tents because RV's don't get water view.

If you hike through the rec pool area it will lead you to the lake for some private skinny dipping.

I look forward to being back there. In the off season for more privacy of course.

Great stay!

We enjoyed a nice walk along the water, views of the sunset from a small cliff, and a peaceful night with out cell service! Highly recommended for those who are looking to get away from reality!

Mid March Delight

We had the campground mostly to ourself this early in the season. Our site was just steps from the river. In the summer, I can see how this place could be hot and humid, but most sites do have shade. We took advantage of the Kayak rentals in the area and did a 9 mile float. We ou saw 1 other couple. In the summer, I understand it it very crowded. Wild Bills is a store close for the quick camp food purchase, fishing stuff or beverages.

Pro note….Gravity BrewWorks, Big Flats, AR, is a micro brewery within a 32 min drive. The beer is awesome!

Was good medicine

Long haul ride on my motorcycle, the staff was great, scenery perfect, and fishing phenomenal. I intended to stay one day ended up staying for four

My new happy place.

with good fishing and babbling Brooke running next to the campsites which were flat clean and far enough away from your neighbor to make it feel like you had privacy

Gorgeous River Views and World class Fly Fishing

Nearly every site overlooks the beautiful White River with its world class trout fishing and fly fishing. Campsites are spacious and clean, and nearby are playgrounds for children and pavilions for groups. The boat dock and camp store offers fishing equipment sales and boat and kayak rentals. One of our favorite campgrounds.

Nice little park

This park is pretty much spotless. I tent camped in the fall and loved it. All the tent sites have a gravel pad, picnic table and fire ring. Lots of trees to set up your hammock. They have a swim beach and small boat rentals in the summer. There’s a nice paved walking trail too. I highly recommend.

Rustic

Dogwood Springs in Jasper AR is definitely rustic and unpolished with regard to its setting.  RV sites do have full hook-ups although we had an issue with the sewer draining properly on site 31. With only one bath room each for men and women and one shower each as well, they do provide the basics. We had an opportunity to peek into a cabin and we were very impressed with the set up, having a full bath and mini-kitchen. It was well appointed and inviting.

The lay-out of the campground is a bit odd in that some sites are only accessible by driving through another.

The view from site 31 included that of Round top mountain but also vacant, declining commercial buildings near the campground.

Proximity to stores and restaurants in Jasper was handy.

Clean, quiet, peaceful and cheap

This is such a nice campground. The hosts are great, it is quiet, it is clean, the bathrooms are nice. I plan to come here as often as I can.

Maybe the wrong day to visit

Campsite had a rather janky gravel and dirt road leading to it. In the rain m, the road would be extremely difficult. Very steep.

Simple and clean campground Primitive sites with a vault toilet. No cell service.

Me and two other groups on this site. Total of 5 of us on the whole site. Other people listening to rave style music late into the night and killing random critters all night and shooting guns all night. Slept horribly as you might imagine with drunk people shooting things all night..