Casa , ARKANSAS

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Casa Camping Reviews
Short stop

Nice campground. Typical KOA, which was what we needed! Friendly, clean, helpful!

Clean and Pristine

This park is beautiful and has the kindest hosts. We were here in offseason (January 27-February 1st) but the entire park was well tended to and everyone was so nice. The kids sifted for quartz and crystals in the lake (there is a crystal mine nearby), beautiful sunsets, extraordinarily clean campgrounds and bathhouses were some of the best we have encountered on our journeys. I’m sure this is a VERY busy park during season but most certainly worth a trip any time of year.

So pretty but reservations a bummer

No reservations available & no shower house which are a bummer.

However, we got in just in time before a rush of other RVs. Picked site 41 & it’s perfect. Full hook up, perfect trees for lights, and a grill. No fire pit ring which is a bummer though.

The campground is beautiful. Hiked up the gorge today & was not disappointed.

I can’t imagine what this place is like when the weather is warmer…I’m sure it’s a packed mess, so happy we got to experience it in cooler temps.

Unfortunately though the spring bath houses are closed Jan 25- Feb 4 for park service maintenance. Bummer!

Shakedown cruise for my Basecamp

First trip with my new Airstream and couldn’t be happier. Came to this KOA to test the new camper out for a few days before wandering deeper into the wilds. Kinda want to stay. Very cozy and feels like you’re in the woods. Clean and fairly quiet; the highway doesn’t sound as close as you’d think and we barely noticed any road sounds.

Will certainly be returning.

Great Campground

We stay during the cooler months. Easy access to the river trail cycling.

Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Ouchita lake

The place is beautiful!

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Beautiful Lakeside Camping

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here. We arrived on Friday evening and found our site was even closer to the lake than expected. We were nearly surrounded by water and it made for a pretty view--especially at sunrise. Some of the other sites looked a little muddy, but ours and the one next to it were built up and relatively dry. We had a table, a lantern pole, and a fire pit. There was a faucet next to the site and several covered trash cans across the street. It was quite cool and the breeze off the lake made it feel even colder, so be prepared for that. There isn't much privacy anywhere in this campground as far as I could tell. Our neighbors were very close and there aren't as many trees as you might expect. I don't know that I'd want to stay here during a busy weekend, but it was good for winter camping.

The bathrooms were clean and the one near the boat ramp is heated. The booth was closed for the season, but the campground host came by once to check our reservation. We saw several deer grazing behind the playground and a Bald Eagle flew over our site one morning.