Camping in Munds Park

394 Reviews of 48 Munds Park Campgrounds

Sarah K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

Everything we needed!

My boyfriend and I love camping even in winter when it’s snowing. We were having the toughest time trying to find somewhere to camp during the winter in Flagstaff and we found this place! Open, free, surrounded by trees, you feel like you’re really camping even though it’s so easy and quick to get…

Month of VisitFebruary
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2022

Great overnight

Easy to find. Kept going after all sites were taken and still found a place to pull off. Good views. Sedan ok.

• exact
Siteunknown
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2021

Perfect for overnight

Had to go a little further than the last "tent" on the app, but found a nice, quiet pullout.

Sitenot sure
Joshua M.
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2021

Great RV park

This is my first RV park stay and I was very happy to have hookups quiet neighbors and a safe place away from the rain. The entire park was clean and reasonably priced with decent facilities and within walking distance to the Sedona strip.

M
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2021

Great views! (Worth the drive)

4.9 miles up a gravel road. Turn left where road forks(sign for Harding Point). Follow this dirt road for 1.75 miles. Stay straight on this dirt road until you hit a couple large camp spots, *do not turn off little roads(we got lost a few times…) Once you reach those open camp spots you can drive…

Siteedge of the world
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Nice place but expensive!

I guess if you have a $100 bucks a night to pay for a spot. It's good! All utilities, laundry etc. And the spit I was in backed to a creek. It would be awesome in the summer for cooling off! Note that I was in a 40'er and plenty of room. I don't believe your allowed any type of fire including…

• creek
  • My rv
  • Several campsites along the creek.
Site79 and 80
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

So peaceful

This was such a great stop between Phoenix and Sedona! It was so peaceful at night and the stars were insane! In the morning we did a short hike down to a river bed and saw some petroglyphs. Just an amazing experience all around

Sitedispersed
D
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Many spots

Boondocking camping. Cell phone and let data works here.

Adrian C.

Bumpy Roads & Beautiful Views 🏕

We took the Schnebly Hill rd exit in downtown Sedona. We decided not to take the I-17 route because we wanted an off-roaring experience. The I-17 route and the Sedona route both lead to the Schnebly hill vista outlook. The Sedona route is SUPER BUMPY! We’re in a Ford Raptor and it took close to an…

• Schnebly Hill Vista Outlook
SiteRandom fire pit
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021

night under stars with friends

Great area we camped here for a night not too far away from road or gas station, still had phone service but had great views and a nice layout for our camp. We only had two cars but can fit more. Did get chilly at night but did not see any animals.

Great access to hiking

Dispersed hiking spots at the bottom of the lower basin trail (where you have to pay at the top). Easy access from road. You can hear the highway, but it’s still quiet. Fireplaces and ample space

Matt L.
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

Cool spot close to lots of neat stuff

Pretty cool spot right on the rio verde river, showers don’t cost extra $. Laundry is affordable, Jerome is just up the hill. Looks like if you had a shuttle car you could probably float the river to or from camp.

Month of VisitNovember
jeff B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2021

Super camping near Sedona

525 is super convenient to access Sedona. It is busy with lots of campers. Only negative is the ATV traffic on the road and kicking up dust. Can ride mountain bikes all the way into West Sedona.

christina H.
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Super cozy and convenient

It was an amazing experience when I visited, no complaints here

Month of VisitMarch
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Great Spot, Difficult Terrain

This campsite was beautiful, problem was coming up the road from Sedona was quite the difficult road. A vehicle with high clearance and 4x4 is recommended for that. Coming from the 17, it was much easier. Overall nice place.