Dolan Springs, ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Dolan Springs
Most Recent Dolan Springs Camping Reviews
Beautiful and ugly

We just finished up a five day stay over Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was cold and rainy the first couple of days but warmed up afterwards to a beautiful finish.

The views are just gorgeous, camping is available right even down to the beach. We camped about 100 yards from the beach. Lots of camping spaces available, it is primitive camping. Most of the area is fairly flat. It is a bit Sandy so be careful but we didn’t have a problem getting our fifth wheel toy hauler down there. Keep in mind if you’re going to be operating ATVs of any type they do need to be street legal and insured. There are tons of trails that take you all over. Super fun riding and lots of great views.

If you’re a lightweight camper you can take any of those trails and find yourself a super remote place to camp. I wouldn’t recommend pulling a larger trailer on them though. I would stick to the main road and camping areas if you’ve got a trailer that’s anything more than a single axle.

Park units and RV Sites

There are big double wide and park unit houses in addition to RV spots against the fence and facing the lake.

Some of the photos of the spread out sites and tents are actually of the campground next door.

Park units and RV Sites

Great trees and sites!

It didn’t have full hookups, but there was water, a dump site and fire pits. Some other campers ran there generators too late and too early, but it was a beautiful site with wonderful shade and eucalyptus trees.

Nothing special here

You are out in the middle of nowhere basically so you can’t expect much, and that’s exactly what you get. Charged $35 the first night no receipt provided, then I got wise and asked for $20 the next night. So yeah just offer them that in the first place. Very long term looking place, kind of meth head looking …..so if no other choice, stay here. At least you’ll have electricity, sewer, water, bathroom and sketchy showers.

Easy night at 6 mile

6 mile cove was pretty nice, it had plenty of layout to avoid immediate contact with people. It truly is about 6 miles from the road down the power line road to get there. Pretty washboardy. Jumbled up the pod a little ha. There was 3 bathrooms vault style. A huge dumpster that gets maintained. It was a Sunday night we stayed and it wasn’t crowded. 3-4 groups of people. Beach front, but WATCH FOR ALGAE. green floating stuff in the water. Stay away from it. You’ll thank me later.

Pretty Nice

We travel full time so we see a lot of parks. This one is small but clean and modern. There seems to be few long term campers which helps to keep the park looking clean. There is a small pool which I didn’t try because it was November. During our stay it was quiet and everyone respected the space of others. It is convenient to I-40 and Hwy 93 being at the intersection of both with several truck stops just across the freeway. The park has a few small trees which appear to be well cared for. All in all, a pretty nice place.

Amazing lakeside spot

I really hate to do a review of this spot as it will bring in more people here, but this spot is absolutely beautiful, we are right on the lake, kiddos are swimming every day all day, the 80° temperature is cooled by the lake breezes. We have been visited by coyotes, a great egret, roadrunners and numerous other crawling creatures. I'm glad I took the chance driving the 2.5 mile washboard road to reach this little section of paradise.

Government warrrsh

I’d give it 2 1/2 stars. Here on Veterans Day which happens to be on a Monday…. packed full. I decided to take the R-pod down a hill to the waters edge to get away and there were still people. LOTS OF TRASH. And I can’t stand that. Picked up a full garbage bag in a very short distance. The stars are for the water, and free camping. Easy access too I guess. Photo from my bed window tho.

Colorado River Oasis RV Resort

Beautiful campground resort right on the Colorado River!  FHU's, wifi, cable TV. Very clean bathrooms and showers.  Excellent customer service.  Sabrina and Wayne both helped us get hooked up, and helped with our cable TV issues.  Close to Laughlin casinos and river activities.  We will definitely visit this campground again!

Beautiful place

Beautiful spot amazing views and cold clear water…such a relaxing place. Sprinter van made it in n out no issues.

Amazing lakeside spot

Our first RV Stop !!

Reasonable price and spaces are very spacious. Employees are friendly and helpful. Casino is across the street next to the river. Fireworks are nightly and available to buy at the corner gas station /fireworks store. Grocery stores are very close for any of your needs.

Different Spaces to choose from.

Very nice and helpful employees. Lots of different areas to camp in. Overall, Davis Camp is clean and a very safe place to camp. We always get the yearly pass for seniors $20.00. Late night the donkeys walk through the park.

Great campground close to LV

Love this campground. Easy access from Las Vegas, but feels a world away. Lots of big trees and bushes make the campground feel like an oasis. I’ve come out here on holiday weekends and was always able to find a site. Many of them have great views. The sites over looking the wash allow you to hear a river while you sleep! At night I’ve always heard coyotes and owls. Access to Lake Mead is a 15 minute drive away. Restrooms are flush facilities and clean.

Centrally located to lots of things.

Close to the casino, golfing, the Colorado River, Needles, Laughlin and Bullhead City. Has its own launch ramp for water toys. Not much I the way of trees for shade, and mostly dirt.

Not dispersed, not open

We went here hoping to find free camping—it was the end off September and they were closed. It is now a private campground and we would have had to pay if they’d been open.

Escape from the Desert Heat

Just a few miles off I-40 just east of Kingman. So surprising how much the temperature dropped up the mountain looking over the Arizona desert still. The rangers at the campground was very informational and helpful on finding the perfect place for either tent camping or bringing your RV with hook-ups. The grounds have plenty of trails to hike and the scenery is wonderful and the freshness of the air words can't describe. Definitely coming back in the future.

Golden Valley Nest

Had a wonderful stay at this RV park. Has a wonderful staff and very friendly. Full hook-ups make the stay very convenient and comfortable, not only the cost is very reasonable. Dogs enjoyed the dog park and the old farm equipment made the place very rustic.

Primitive Site

Just to the north off Hwy 63 headed from Golden Valley to Laughlin sits a off road BLM camping site. Road is well maintained and lots of level areas to park your camper. Bring in your own water and generator, pack out what you bring in. No trash pick up or garbage containers. Great spot to stay for the night or day to explore mines and or ride.

Very Clean grounds and restrooms

Couldn't get a camp site at Red rock campground, or Valley of fire so we "settled" for this campground and glad we did. Even though the RV campgrounds are next door almost every one was in a trailer. But all was good because quiet time came and all the generators turned off. Park Rangers patrolled and we friendly and bathrooms were spotless!!!

Big Bend Gem

Amazing place to set up for the day, camping is available with water and power hook-ups. We spent the day on in the beach area. Definitely a little gem on the Colorado River.

Beautiful Colorado River

Affordable camping and day use on the Colorado River just North of Bullhead City, AZ and Laughlin, NV. Full hook-ups available, showers, and on the river camping. Great place to spend a few days or just a few hours on the river. Convenient Jetski rentals on site.

Very bad place

And very bad service. No one helps you there you are on your own.

Nice RV park

Clean and affordable.

Willow Beach experience

Nice cold water, WiFi, clean bathroom, Fishing, rental kayaks, picnic area, and very clean willow Beach.

Great experience! Loved this family owned & operated campground

Fell in love with this campground! Needed a quick stop & safe place to sleep on my way to grand canyon I was so sweetly surprised! Wasn't expecting much, there weren't any reviews. This campground was just taken over… by a kind family who now owns and operates the business with their children… I was greeted by "the boss" little miss scarlett who gave me a tour, fun facts, and cupcakes she had baked. The LOVE creativity and passion the owners have, for this work in progress campground is apparent. Seems like they are working their butts off to provide amazing experiences for their guest… like wild horses and glamping! I rarely write reviews but felt it so important and wanted their hard work to not go unnoticed.  I can't wait to revisit on my next road trip in Arizona!

Awesome Campground

Awesome place to stay! Amazing view of the Grandwash Cliffs! Nothing can compete for star gazing at night! The sky just lights up with a trillion stars at night…HUGE rv spaces big enough for our rig, boat and atvs!  Lake Mead is only 10 minutes away! This campground is perfect for those with the outdoor bug like us. Hiking for miles atv trails everwhere you turn. We had a blast. Owners and staff where helpful and informative. WE WILL BE BACK!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAMPGROUND 🤗🤗🤗

Large pull thoughts Horse, pet & desert toy Friendly… Owners are amazing and Scarlett (the Boss) is the cutest kid on Earth.

Good times at AVI KOA

If you’re looking for some peace and quiet you might want to skip this campground, but if you’re looking for some fun and a late night out this is a great spot. The KOA campground is nothing special, very basic, barren wasteland with full hookup sites. The cool thing here is that the AVI casino is directly across the street and is the only thing around for miles, so you’ll most likely be spending your time there like we did. We did not hang out at the river as it looked like total mayhem (fun but chaotic), crowded beach area with boats everywhere, and loud music. The pool area was also crowded but we managed to find a table and lounge chairs and let the kids loose. You can’t bring in your own drinks unlike the beach area but we were able to order a couple of rounds of over priced mediocre cocktails/ beers. After the sun went down all the parents decided drop off all kids at the kids care play center where you can leave your kid in there till 2am, yes that’s right 2am. All of us parents laughed at that but then went out gambling and eating out late and ended up picking our kids up close to 1am. The kids loved it, it was a bit of a lord of the flies situation in the kids center that late at night (just running around wild and crazy) but they were safe and had a blast. After getting back to the camper and putting our zombie kids to sleep we noticed that it’s still a party outside with fireworks going off throughout the night. It wasn’t terrible but fireworks are legal there and people set them off late into the night. Again, if you are looking for a fun night with friends and family check this place out, but if you’re looking for a peaceful place look elsewhere.