Cornell, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Cornell Camping Reviews
Great summer

We camped here almost all summer. Tons of things to do. Kids playground, golf course right next door, great bathrooms with running water. Large sites with trees for shade!

Awesome Camping Destination

What a great place to visit this time of year (Fall). Falling acorns, frogs and chipmunks chirping, turtles basking in sunlight and more. The owls at night were a treat (sometimes even scary) to listen to.

Clean facilities and nice trails. Next time we’ll bring some kayaks.

Camped at Lake Wissota for 3 days. First time there and really liked it. Nice private sites and the beach looked great but it was too cold for swimming. Got in a canoe ride before the rain. No bugs I guess it was too cool. Bath house in bad need of updating which they're planning on but I've been in worse. Awesome park rangers. Did some local site seeing and I highly recommend lunch in Cornell at Dylan's Dairy. Had the best breakfast at Kelly Grill in Stanley across from the old depot. Nice get away despite the rain.

Diamond in the rough

Love it here. Quiet, rustic, well maintained place

Great Campground with Private Sites

You'd never know that your neighbor is super close to you in this campground.  The sites are really private with tall trees and lots of greenery/foliage between each site.  There is a lot to explore in the park.  The bathrooms are decent - we found quite a few bugs and frogs in the bathrooms but we didn't mind.

Fun and Family Friendly Campground

This is an amazing place for families to spend time camping.  There are so many different planned activities for both the children and the adults to participate in.  The campground is always clean and the staff are extremely friendly.  The campsites are huge with plenty of room between you and your neighbors.  You can rent a golf cart to get around the campground.  They have gaga ball, a bounce pillow, an arcade, mini golf, laser tag, swimming pool, skate park, playground, basketball court, volleyball court….the list of amenities goes on and on.  The theme weeks are all fun and well planned out.  You can even order fresh baked donuts on Saturday mornings.  There are even cabins for your non-camping family and friends.  This is one of our favorite campgrounds around.

Peaceful

You are able to reserve or have non reserve sites . Beautiful location tucked in by many pines and hardwoods. There is a lake with a fishing dock boat landing and swimming area. You can  hike a wonderful nature trail and also bike  in areas. There are hiking and a tv trails  close by. But the best is no cell service and the sound of the elk and loons in the evening.

Great weekend!

Great weekend! Most sites are very roomy some are little tight for the larger campers. Lots of activities to do and for the kids to do. Themed weekends throughout the season. Great bar and grill on property. Only complaint we had was the weekend we were there the bathroom's were not kept up. Were never cleaned, toilet paper was never refilled in the stalls. Ended up buying my own and having to take it with us to the rest room. Other issue which is hard to control unless babysitting constantly is both the pool area and the pond area have allot of people using it that do not have the required wrist bands on. Should be monitored more closely to prevent issues.

Under development

This is a former Renaissance Faire site that is being turned into a Campground RV Park. They were laying new foundations when we were there. Bathroom/ shower house was very nice & large with 2 entrances. Large playground. Close to a ball park. Tons of geocaching in the area.

Probably my favorite camping spot

I absolutely loved this campground. The area was kept very clean. The spot that I reserved was beautiful. Loved that it was tucked in the back of the camping area and was able to put my canoe in the water at my spot. The site I had was huge. Probably about 3x larger than any site I’ve been to before. And driving through the area was beautiful and lush

Was a favorite as a kid.

As a kid we went here often. The water front sites were awesome. Nice sandy shored lake a short walk from your tent couldn’t be beat. I remember there being decent little trails through out as well.

Beautiful camp ground

Words can't describe how nice and peaceful it is. The owners are very nice and helpful. Whenever we're going to be back in the area this will be the first place we want to stay. It's located close to lake Winnsota.

Quaint

I love the hiking trails and my kids love the lake and all the fun activities that a company at like boating and swimming. The only downfall is that it's quite congested

Beautiful, large variety of outdoor activities

Beautiful with all sorts of outdoor activities. Great fishing, perfect kayak and Conoe location as well as motorized boats, swimming and also land recreation like serene hiking trails and an extensive bike trail.

Not too bad. Loud train nearby.

Plenty of room, electricity in the pavilions (2 of them), bathrooms, plenty of area to camp and there were a couple fire pits. It’s right on the river and has a nature walk trail along the river. Not the most pristine spot but it gets the job done for sure. No fee’s. Be aware, there’s a train that goes by at all times of the day or night. It’s fairly close and can be extremely loud at times.

Comfortable park in western WI

We camped here in the fall and the colors were lovely.  The camping was sort of open but sites are spaced nicely so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.  The nature trail was very nice - the biking was also good.  We took advantage of being near Lake Wissota State Pk and explored that too.

Vary nice.

Nice campground, lots of seasonal campers. Close to trails and fishing. Nice beach in shell lake.

Otter Lake Chippewa County Parks

If your looking for a quiet, remote, good fishing camp Otter Lake is the right choice. Beautiful day park for scenic views for a picnic. Private camp sites. Some have private docks. Excellent fishing for Panfish, Bass, and Walleyes.

Great family campground!

I have stayed here multiple times. Always a blast. The kids love swimming, kayaking, fishing, and bike trails.

good place to kayak

the island is a nice place to visit. we stayed in the north loop on a water front site . great for just putting the kayaks in and going . they are vary dog and family friendly. the camp sites are a little close for my liking but it was a busy labor day weekend and every site was filled . my only big complaint would have to be that they only have one shower house on the other loop(South loop) north loop just have vault toliets . all in all I would recommend this place .

enjoyed

busy, but nice!

Lake Wissota State Park

Lake Wissota State Park is located in and around Chippewa Falls, WI. My sisters and I came up here once growing up and had a ball. It was just north of Chicago (near where we lived), so it wasn’t far. From my recollection, the grounds were fairly wooded, had an array of wildlife and there was a ton to do in terms of swimming, hiking, canoeing or just enjoying the sights. Wish I had pictures to share.

Great Spot to Get Away from the City!

This was a beautiful camping spot with close water access. There was plenty of area nearby to hike or go swimming and there was a cool water run off that you can walk down the side of. There was plenty of wild life nearby and the camping spot was very clean!

Small But Close to Nature

This was a good first camping trip site as it's not too far from the city but still makes you feel like you're in the heart of nature. The campground is pretty small for campers with tents but there were some decent hiking spots nearby!

Fave.

No outboard motors allowed on this lake. Canoe and rowboat rentals are available at the office. Great private campsites. We love it here.

Nice tent and rv sites. Hot showers. Flush toilets.

We like this one for a quick weekend retreat. Lake access is great on one of the best and bigger lakes in the area. Great place for boating with the family.

Friendly camping

some tight spots for big campers, family fun activities, kind staff

Quiet Peaceful Place to Escape

I grew up on this lake from the early 90s to about 2012. The campground was always very peaceful and all the campsites on the lake had plenty of space for multiple tents or campers. The people that live/have cabins on the lake are all extremely friendly. There is excellent fishing mostly consisting of Bass and Bluegills and Perch. It’s a no wake lake so plan on just using a trolling motor or even a canoe to fish. There are outhouses close to the campgrounds but that’s about it for amenities. Mondeux dam isnt far away which serves food and Is a nice swimming hole.

Island Camping

Brunet Island State Park sits at the North West corner of the state of Wisconsin. The state park is actually an island that sits on the Chippewa and Fisher Rivers. It is connected to the mainland via small Bridge. This is very close to the city of Cornell, they have a grocery store for most of your necessities, enough to get to buy for a few days of camping there's also a mom and pop ice cream shop nearby. This park does offer two different Camp Loops the North and South. The North sits along a bay off of the Chippewa River ,many of the campsites overlook this area of water. This may sound nice but there are a lot of a echoes from your neighbors across the way. The campfires that light up the lake create pretty sight of ambiance if you can stay out there and beat the mosquitoes. The south camp is closer to the beach and also offers flush toilets and showers. The park also offers a boat landing, playground and baseball field. It should be noted that there are multiple fishing piers at this location, one at the South Campground and one at the north Campground, and there is a lot of good fishing in the area. There are some hiking trails nothing too challenging or long.This area is beautiful but the campgrounds themselves are not very kept. Other than camping on an island and having a double site as well as the wild life, I cannot say this is one of my favorites.