the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Lake Wissota State Park is located in Wisconsin
6 Reviews of Lake Wissota State Park
Lake Wissota State Park

Lake Wissota State Park is located in and around Chippewa Falls, WI. My sisters and I came up here once growing up and had a ball. It was just north of Chicago (near where we lived), so it wasn’t far. From my recollection, the grounds were fairly wooded, had an array of wildlife and there was a ton to do in terms of swimming, hiking, canoeing or just enjoying the sights. Wish I had pictures to share.

Nice tent and rv sites. Hot showers. Flush toilets.

We like this one for a quick weekend retreat. Lake access is great on one of the best and bigger lakes in the area. Great place for boating with the family.

Great all around campground

I've camped here a few times, really enjoyed it each time. Sites are nice, good trails for some easy hiking. Great beach area. This is where I discovered my love of kayaking. They have kayak and canoe rentals.

Wonderful Experience

We selected site 67E online based on the campsite map and photo provided on the online reservation site. While al of the sites were very private - lots of trees and underbrush between, this one and 65E were ideally situated for dual sites. Fortunately, we were able to set everything up to be relatively private and quiet.

The bathroom/shower facilities were very clean and centrally located, pit toilets were provided at much closer intervals, and there were lots of water fountains located throughout the entire park.

The hiking was amazing! We went on a 5-mile hike through fern and pine forests, prairie and grassland habitats, and an abandoned beaver pond.

We highly recommend this park both for camping and hiking!

Very private campsites!

Very woodsy! Mosquitoes, gnats, and bugs galore. Beach is nice, even better that they have a seperate beach area for your leashed dog! (Its where my little terrier learned how to swim:)

Rainy Weekend Review

We spent two nights at Lake Wissota State Park tent camping in site 30. The site was very deep, and very private with lots of tree coverage on all sides to block out any noise and most of the light from your camping neighbors. The water source was a little far away (about 200 yards) but we were located near the bathroom and showers. The shower facilities were mediocre, but about what you'd expect at a state park.
Park has a swimming beach and several miles of trails.

Worth taking a trip into town and walking up and down the main street. Visit the local shops, and make sure to visit Leinenkugel's brewery for a tour and a pint, but don't over look the Brewster Bros. Brewing Company and the Chippewa River Distillery, also located right in Chippewa Falls.