Chippewa Falls, WISCONSIN

Camping Wisconsin Chippewa Falls
Most Recent Chippewa Falls Camping Reviews
Great summer

We camped here almost all summer. Tons of things to do. Kids playground, golf course right next door, great bathrooms with running water. Large sites with trees for shade!

Camper cabins

This is a really nice campground. The camper cabins are really nice. They have two rooms, a sleeping room and a front room. The sleeping room has 2 bunk beds (4 beds.) The front room has a mini fridge, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave, and a futon. The firepits are well taken care of. It is usually empty when you arrive. There is no.swim beach. The trails and playgrounds are really nice. The bathrooms are heated. The showers are pay showers.

Awesome Camping Destination

What a great place to visit this time of year (Fall). Falling acorns, frogs and chipmunks chirping, turtles basking in sunlight and more. The owls at night were a treat (sometimes even scary) to listen to.

Clean facilities and nice trails. Next time we’ll bring some kayaks.

Camped at Lake Wissota for 3 days. First time there and really liked it. Nice private sites and the beach looked great but it was too cold for swimming. Got in a canoe ride before the rain. No bugs I guess it was too cool. Bath house in bad need of updating which they're planning on but I've been in worse. Awesome park rangers. Did some local site seeing and I highly recommend lunch in Cornell at Dylan's Dairy. Had the best breakfast at Kelly Grill in Stanley across from the old depot. Nice get away despite the rain.

Diamond in the rough

Love it here. Quiet, rustic, well maintained place

Great Campground with Private Sites

You'd never know that your neighbor is super close to you in this campground.  The sites are really private with tall trees and lots of greenery/foliage between each site.  There is a lot to explore in the park.  The bathrooms are decent - we found quite a few bugs and frogs in the bathrooms but we didn't mind.

Fun and Family Friendly Campground

This is an amazing place for families to spend time camping.  There are so many different planned activities for both the children and the adults to participate in.  The campground is always clean and the staff are extremely friendly.  The campsites are huge with plenty of room between you and your neighbors.  You can rent a golf cart to get around the campground.  They have gaga ball, a bounce pillow, an arcade, mini golf, laser tag, swimming pool, skate park, playground, basketball court, volleyball court….the list of amenities goes on and on.  The theme weeks are all fun and well planned out.  You can even order fresh baked donuts on Saturday mornings.  There are even cabins for your non-camping family and friends.  This is one of our favorite campgrounds around.

Under development

This is a former Renaissance Faire site that is being turned into a Campground RV Park. They were laying new foundations when we were there. Bathroom/ shower house was very nice & large with 2 entrances. Large playground. Close to a ball park. Tons of geocaching in the area.

Beautiful Independence Day

Soggy lawn but great place & cheap!

Probably my favorite camping spot

I absolutely loved this campground. The area was kept very clean. The spot that I reserved was beautiful. Loved that it was tucked in the back of the camping area and was able to put my canoe in the water at my spot. The site I had was huge. Probably about 3x larger than any site I’ve been to before. And driving through the area was beautiful and lush

Was a favorite as a kid.

As a kid we went here often. The water front sites were awesome. Nice sandy shored lake a short walk from your tent couldn’t be beat. I remember there being decent little trails through out as well.

Beautiful camp ground

Words can't describe how nice and peaceful it is. The owners are very nice and helpful. Whenever we're going to be back in the area this will be the first place we want to stay. It's located close to lake Winnsota.

Great campground

This was one of The cleanest campgrounds I have ever stayed at. The sites are large and very well shaded for privacy. Great playground and hiking area. Some sites are difficult to back into if you have a large rig.

Spot to stop for the night

This is right next to a river and beautiful waterfall. Lots of sites close together but they have electric. There is a great playground. Feel like performing? There’s a covered picnic area with a elevated stage. Town is nearby. In fact, the main road is right by the campground making for noise.

Quaint

I love the hiking trails and my kids love the lake and all the fun activities that a company at like boating and swimming. The only downfall is that it's quite congested

Beautiful, large variety of outdoor activities

Beautiful with all sorts of outdoor activities. Great fishing, perfect kayak and Conoe location as well as motorized boats, swimming and also land recreation like serene hiking trails and an extensive bike trail.

Not too bad. Loud train nearby.

Plenty of room, electricity in the pavilions (2 of them), bathrooms, plenty of area to camp and there were a couple fire pits. It’s right on the river and has a nature walk trail along the river. Not the most pristine spot but it gets the job done for sure. No fee’s. Be aware, there’s a train that goes by at all times of the day or night. It’s fairly close and can be extremely loud at times.

Comfortable park in western WI

We camped here in the fall and the colors were lovely.  The camping was sort of open but sites are spaced nicely so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.  The nature trail was very nice - the biking was also good.  We took advantage of being near Lake Wissota State Pk and explored that too.

Holden Campground

Secluded campground located on Silver Birch Lake and nearby the Chippewa River. More "rugged" style camping and about a quarter mile off the main road. This campground is open from mid-April through November. The campground has tent, RV spots, electric, toilets, and a picnic area.

One single boat ramp with water access. Panfish, bass, pike, and catfish can all be caught here.

Beautiful place to watch the sunrise and start your day!

Rieck’s Lake is located 3 miles northwest of Alma, Wisconsin. For $15 a night you will enjoy paved camping pad, fire pit, picnic table, coin-operated shower, and restroom. Electric is available at an additional charge. Word of caution there is a highway nearby so it can be noisy at times and sometimes difficult to find a spot.

This park offers viewing platforms and is a great place to view many types of birds.

Nice little county park

This was an interesting little campground sandwiched between the road and the Trempealeau River. The backstory on the park is that the gentleman who originally owned the land had asked that when he died that it be preserved as a wildlife area. His death came much sooner than anyone thought, and the family worked with the county to donate the land to the county as a park. There are about six tent only sites set back near the river, with three of them in close proximity to each other (I think it is used as a group camping area). When I was there the sites were poorly maintained and only had two fire pits and tables for all six sites combined. There are 25ish RV type sites with either just electric or electric and water. Some of these sites are set up back to back in an open field, which is not very appealing. The grass had been let to grow very long before the recent cutting, so it was like walking through freshly mown hay. There is a horse arena (very muddy when I was there), and it looks like you can camp with your horses on the edge of the RV area. The showers were really nice and fairly new.

Lake & Atv trails access

Camped here for years, kids had a great time. Clean, showers and lots to do

Otter Lake Chippewa County Parks

If your looking for a quiet, remote, good fishing camp Otter Lake is the right choice. Beautiful day park for scenic views for a picnic. Private camp sites. Some have private docks. Excellent fishing for Panfish, Bass, and Walleyes.

Great family campground!

I have stayed here multiple times. Always a blast. The kids love swimming, kayaking, fishing, and bike trails.

Nice secluded place.

Good veiw, clean bathrooms with hot showers. Quiet.

good place to kayak

the island is a nice place to visit. we stayed in the north loop on a water front site . great for just putting the kayaks in and going . they are vary dog and family friendly. the camp sites are a little close for my liking but it was a busy labor day weekend and every site was filled . my only big complaint would have to be that they only have one shower house on the other loop(South loop) north loop just have vault toliets . all in all I would recommend this place .

Nice campground but be prepared for shade...all the time

First thing you need to know: It's completely in the woods, and sites are FULLY shaded. Sites 28-38 are on a loop with a picnic pavilion in the middle with some openings for sun on the road and in the picnic area. Other than that, the rest of the campground is rather dark all the time; there aren't as many sunlight openings on the road to the other sites. This is not a good place for solar panels, but almost all sites are electric.

Nice price: Cost is $20/$16 for electric/non-electric. This is an Army Corps of Engineers park which means you pay $10/$8 if you have an NPS Lifetime Senior Pass.

Services: There are full services at this campground - flush toilets, sinks, showers, trash receptacles, and drinking water/dump station near the entrance. There is an interpretive center for Saturday evening ranger programs and a playground next to it.

Roomy sites: This campground is small, but almost all sites are large. There are 38 sites plus walk in tent sites A through G and a group site. It looks like sites 28-38 can be rented for a group; the entrance was blocked off when we were there.

Equestrian section may be open to campers without a horse: There is an equestrian campground about a half mile before the main campground entrance. You may camp in the equestrian area (E1-E10) without a horse if the main area is full. We were able to reserve a site in there a couple days ahead of time because the main campground was full. It was just us and one other family on a Saturday night, and neither of us had a horse. We moved to the main area on Sunday morning because lots of sites were open on Sunday.

enjoyed

busy, but nice!

Lake Wissota State Park

Lake Wissota State Park is located in and around Chippewa Falls, WI. My sisters and I came up here once growing up and had a ball. It was just north of Chicago (near where we lived), so it wasn’t far. From my recollection, the grounds were fairly wooded, had an array of wildlife and there was a ton to do in terms of swimming, hiking, canoeing or just enjoying the sights. Wish I had pictures to share.