Camping in Slaterville

Recent Boat-In Reviews Near Slaterville, Virginia

186 Reviews of 20 Slaterville, Virginia Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Great place for a quick getaway

We just got back from spending the weekend here. We chose to spend our weekend tent camping and could not have been happier with our decision. My daughter LOVED being able to walk all trails. We were a bit disappointed the boardwalk was closed (but we still loved walking the rest of the trails).…

SiteCampsite C18
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

More of a year round campground

Last minute scheduled… they were very friendly. We had never been in the area so didn’t know what to expect.
They were super friendly and showed us to our campsite. They have a store onsite with food, drink and fishing tackle. This campground is about 3/4 year rounders. People who rent a…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
K
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great park

I have been here a few times with my family. We usually stay in site A because it’s not far from the camping store where the wood is. The wood is $6 and it is the honor system after hours. If you go to the camping store while it’s open you can pay for the wood with credit card. The bathrooms are…

James T.The Dyrt PRO User

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.

CThe Dyrt PRO User

Great Campsite

This campsite was great! Its a nice site if you want to see both woods and water. At the site, I was able to see the woods while relaxing. I also loved that the sites are also spaced apart. There is also a beach trail which had a nice view of the Potomac River. The bathhouse was not the best but it…

• Beach Trail
  • Beach Trail
SiteB31
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great stay at Belle Isle

First time here for us. Sites and big and for the most part lots of space between. A couple of sites are close and could be buddy sites. Bathroom was clean and typical for a state park. We will be back.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great for a weekend getaway!

This place was great! My wife and I live in D.c. we brought our dog for an extended weekend. It is really nice for people looking to get out of the city and into the woods, and fast. Nice clean sites and beaches, there are 2. One is a drive up and the other is a bit of a hike. Which is great if…

Month of VisitOctober
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Lovey little campground on the river

This campground is lovely. It’s on Gordon Creek which flows into the Chickahominy- able to rent kayaks, has a playground, a pool, and nesting ospreys, a bald eagle/s can be seen. Undergoing some renovations but still a nice campground. I’d go back.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2