The best WALK IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Grangerville Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Nice Primitive spot in the Green Mountains

One of many locations along Forest rd 71, this spot was a good place to pitch a tent for the night while exploring the area even in the rain.

Great State Park, wonderful lake and trails

I stayed here with a group in 2019, the park was quiet and clean. Some of the sites were a little wet so be be careful what site you get, watch out for 66 through 69. I was in 64 and it was fine.

Bathrooms and showers are nice. Area B in the back is great with some nice views and a small beach area.

The trails for hiking and biking are well maintained and take you past some old historical sites from before the lake was made. You'll see some old foundations and home sites.

If you're so inclined this is where you set of for wilderness camping along the shore. There are a number of sites only accessible by boat.

Highly recommend this campground.

Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

Great location, easy access to the Gorge.

We hit this campground for one over night as we past through. Good spot with easy access to the Gorge. Bathroom were clean and the grounds were quite at night.

Wonderful site, great overall location

I've stayed here a couple of times and both times had a blast. Canoeing or kayaking on the lake is great and there are paddle only sites available.  Some of the best sites ore up on a bluff with views over the lake a towards sunrise.

This is just a great place for a getaway.

Quaint Hidden Gem

Off the beaten path so its peaceful. Sites are a little small but great if you're camping with a group so your close together. Plenty of sites/types to choose from. We we're fully contained so we did not need the restrooms but there were plenty of them. Pool was closed for the season since it was Columbus Day but it was a good size along with a kids playground. Trails around property gave you the ability to take walks in the woods. Cute little brook runs along the property and beautiful views just right down the road. Owners were very friendly and laid back. Will definitely go back.