The best GROUP camping near
Richville , UTAH

Most Recent Richville Camping Reviews
A beautiful place

Jordanelle has quickly become an annual tradition with the family.  All siblings, nieces, and nephews, grandparents come for a couple of days and we have a great time.  We use tents and RV's, but there are also cabins to rent as well!  Depending on what spot you get, there may or may not be a lot of shade.  Come prepared with coverings and it is great.  The water is wonderful, and all of the kids and dogs love it as well!  I recommend!

Park closed

Park is only open 7/1-11/1.

Closed to camping

This open 7/1-11/1 only.

Great place for Family reunion

This is a great place for a family reunion. We enjoyed the camp site and the short walk to the lake. Facilities were clean and staff was great.

A fun day

This was such a fun day that we spent up here.  However, there wasn't a lot of shade at the day site, and it got so hot without trees that we ended up having to leave around 1 or two.  Still fun!

An absolute favorite

I had heard amazing things about Spruces for years.  I was required to take a week off work, so I booked a site here.  And I was not sorry at all.  This was late June.  It rained and snowed for the first couple of days, but that didn't bother us.  It is absolutely incredible here.  The campground is gorgeous!  We had some really irritating people next to us that came later in the week.  But that can't be helped.  Plenty of hiking trails, and just walking the road around the campground was our favorite!

A nice getaway

With covid last year, I just needed to get away.  I went in June, and it was lovely.  It was chilly for sure, but it was so nice.  It was quiet, tucked away from anyone.  Didn't really see anyone for the three days we are there.  Our site was next to the river, which really helped drown out all other sounds!  I have already booked a site for this year!  The campground is beautiful, and we had a lot of aspen trees at our site.  Beautiful!

A family tradition

A few years ago, I looked for a campground that could accommodate larger groups (12 people).  This campground quickly became a favorite and an annual tradition for us all!  We get a double site every year, and this is by far one of my favorite weekends of the year.  The toilets are flush toilets, not vaults.  It is close to Brighton and Silver Lake.  The campground is GORGEOUS and so quiet.  The hosts are so kind.  My nieces and nephews look forward to this trip every year, and you will too!

Rustic woodlands on east side of Wasatch Range

This is typical camping from the past. Very few sites built to accommodate larger rigs. Narrow loop roads with mature trees at that time not well-trimmed. My 30' TT was perched with some effort on top of a pull-through that was a mound rather than flat. Unlevel and narrow asphalt sites.  Some sites are reservable with full hook-ups. Stayed without a reservation in the FCFS loop called Mohogany. Pine Creek is next to a golf course just on the outskirts of Midway, Utah near Deer Valley Ski Area. Lots to do in Midway and surrounding parts. No fishing close to the campground but lots of fishing and boating nearby e.g. Joranelle Reservoir/State Park. It's very pretty with wildlife enjoying life. Planned to stay longer than two nights but got chased out due to a wildfire nearby sending smoke our way.

Great winter spot

Short hike in for winter camping, leaving out of Snowbasin Maples Lot. Snowshoes or touring setup will make it easier over just boots, especially as the snowpack deepens. Trail is very popular for winter use and you will likely see or hear other people, but it is quiet at night. Choose campsite carefully and consider avy dangers if relevant, but a generally mild slope in the former campground area.