Carbonville, UTAH

Camping Utah Carbonville
Most Recent Carbonville Camping Reviews
Dispersed camping at Fifth Water Hot Springs Trailhead

We camped at this trailhead while attempting to hike to the Fifth Water Hot Springs. Due to fire activity, the original trailhead was closed so we camped at the "back way" trailhead. There were signs indicating that dispersed camping was allowed in areas designated by a fire ring. Found one near the trailhead parking. Not many flat places for a tent and there was cow manure all over the ground, so not many options for places to put our tent. The "fire-pit" was also filled in with rocks, thinking this may have been related to the nearby forest fires. May have better luck at the other trailhead in the future.

small

Planned on staying here but drove in to the tiny camp ground and changed our minds. Bathroom house was gross and dirty.

Very clean and super camp host!

I really loved this campground! And I really love Diamond Fork Hotsprings! I can’t wait to visit again! We camped the Thursday after Labor bad and had the entire campground almost all to ourselves! On Labor Day weekend there wasn’t an empty campsite. Cost is $22 for a single site, $44 for a double. We arrived to camp around 7:30 and pitched our tent then headed up the road a few more miles to the parking area for Diamond Fork (5th water) Hot Springs. I recommend visiting the Hotspring at night in the summer to escape the overwhelming crowds. There were only a handful of people at the springs during our evening visit. The trail to the springs is about 2.4 miles in. We returned to camp around 1 AM and slept soundly in the still, quiet nature. You can hear the stream babble nearby. We slept in and as we were breaking down camp, Marc, the camp host stopped by to se how our visit was and if we needed anything. What a wonderful man! We chatted for quite a while about the area and he offered to give us a tour of the campground in his golf cart. This is a pretty leather campground! 3 separate loops. There are some hike in tent sites but they are set up for dual tents and are priced as such so they are $44 which is quite speedy for a pack in tent site. There is a well maintained nature trail the passes through the campground. There are educational kiosks along the trail. There are multiple restrooms throughout the campground. The 2 I used were very clean considering it was post holiday weekend.
Each campsite had a fire ring, grill, and a picnic table. Tent sites all offered nice level areas for pitching your tent. You can purchase fire wood from the camp host. This is a great place and I can’t wait to return!

All the Splendor, half the crowds

This gem, not far out of Castledale Utah is a real treat. It's perfect for a quick weekend or day trip, and has enough to do to support a longer stay. To start, the canyon rim is breathtaking, having coffee in the morning as the sun rises, or a cocktail or wine as it sets just puts your soul back in alignment again. There are some official campsites, however they were full and we had to dry, primitive camp. This was more than fine because we got to be closer to the rim, had privacy and was still relatively close to the vault toilets. This is a have to see it place, and its perfect for larger families with ample room. ATVS are a common recreation in the area so if you have one this is perfect. This is Desert, so it will be hot. This is also Mountainous so it might get cold fast, so pack accordingly. Food is a pretty good drive away, but not terrible, water is scarce as you would imagine. Bring plenty of both. Pack in pack out. Enjoy.

I love this camp ground. Close to awesome fishing and beautiful.

I have stayed here a couple times. We like campsite #38 because it is a double spot that can fit 3 or more cars or a truck and boat or large RV or trailer. It has a few flat spots for tents, and 2 tables and a nice fire ring. There are also lots of aspen trees that are nice for hanging a hammock in. The double spot is $46 a night and single is $23

Aspen grove is a beautiful camp site with lots of Aspen trees and in a valley it is a 5 minute walk to the marina of Strawberry. you also can launch a boat at the marina and you are only 5 minutes from the damn, were we caught some 22+ inch cutthrouts and other trout at the damn as well as a few smaller fish.

We caught around 250 crawfish that we cooked and ate at out camp site that night as well as cooking some steaks as well we had a surf and turf it made for a yummy dinner.

There is a water spiket at each campsites and bathrooms are close with running water. There is also a big dumpster to get rid of your trash. There is firewood you can purchase from the camp host. The camp host is really friendly and helpful.

I have stayed here each year in September and there is always spots open. It is better to call ahead because it can fill up. This is a beautiful campsite when the leafs start to change color. This in one of the nicest places to stay in Utah. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232390

Primitive camping with lots of hikes.

This is a nice place to camp. Only about a mile from the fifth water parking lot and a few miles hike from the hot pots. Really good fishing in both the fifth water river and Diamond Fork. The camp sites are first come first serve. They are big sites and can hold a few tents each. Their are nice picnic tables and fire rings a pit style bathroom is available across the river.

Lots of amazing scenery around. Great hikes, great fishing, amazing places to ride horses, or just amazing views.

There are lots of trees around for shade and oak brush. I have seen elk, deer, moose, and black bear in this area so bring a camera and don't leave food in your tent.

Very quiet

This was a lovely way to start our vacation. We had a space that overlooked the lake.

Just be sure you have long enough water and electric hose. The park is directional and our water and power services were on the wrong side. But other than that is was great.

Great place to get out of the heat of summer

This is a great place to camp. You are really close to fifth water and the start of the trail to the hot pots. There is lots of big cotton wood trees for shade. The spots are big enough for a tent or RV. All spots have a nice picnic table and fire ring. There is bathrooms close and they are clean. There is a really nice river walk trail that is fun for kids and adults and the fishing is really good in the river that is close by. I have stayed here a few times and have never found a spot I didn't like. It can get busy in the summer so call or reserve ahead of time. there are lots of single sites for $24 a night or or group sites of $48 you can also reserve a huge group site with pavilion and up to 75 people for $145 a night which is awesome if you want to do a family party or reunion in an amazing canyon. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/uwcnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=9855&actid=29

The views are amazing lots of red rocks and cliffs to see. Lots of great hikes, the fishing for brown trout, and cutthroat trout in diamond fork river or the fifth water river can be amazing and you don't see a lot of anglers so that makes it way fun. If you stay here make sure to take the time to hike up to fifth water hot pots it is amazing.

There were some bugs but not to many to be annoying. I have seen snakes on some of the hikes so watch out where you step. I have seen elk, deer, moose, wild turkeys, and black bear in and around the area and campsite so don't leave food in your tent and clean up your campsite.

This is a very clean campground the camp staff takes pride in this campground. There is firewood available from the camp staff and fire is legal in fire pits.

Lots of shade trees make it lots cooler in the summer so you can beat the heat.

Great Campground

We stayed for 3 nights here and loved the Campground/area. We had two RVs and a tent and the pull through locations were great. Bathrooms were the cleanest I've ever seen a campground bathroom be! Firewood was available to purchase, close to the lake.

Remote, Quiet and Beautiful

Located in National Forest at 8,000 ft with lots of sites, many of them pull through with fire rings. Lots of trees for privacy and, when we were there 8/25 - 8/27, were the only ones other than the camp hosts. Brought bikes and there were ample riding areas. A couple miles up the hill at 9,000 ft the views are truly spectacular. Continuing over the 38 mile scenic highway is well worth the drive with sheer drop offs demanding full attention ending in Nephi.

No overnight camping allowed.

Beautiful lake, beach area is just ok. Can launch very small boats, or jet skis here instead of paying next door at the marina :)!!

Trees near the river

Great little area with trees near the river. Awesome hammock trees. Swimming holes in the river.

Amazing stay

I stayed at the lake cabin, had an amazing time, the place was so great, view from the porch was truly spectacular!

Great Family Location - Bridges Creekside

Located on the creek and to the north of the road from the Bridges Campground is a two spot family campground. The spot is first come, first serve with a check out time of 1:00 PM. Cost is $5 per vehicle per night with a fee station at the sign. Because of the proximity to the creek and lack of pit toilets on this side of the road, campers must have black/grey tanks.

The creek is absolutely beautiful and the upper spot has a nice fire ring and picnic table while the lower spot has a fire ring only. The only drawback is the dead timber present in the whole canyon from a 2012 wildfire.

Nice find well off the beaten path!

Decided to camp here at dusk one night. We were headed North of Price to Kamas and the Mirror Lake Byway when we decided to cut a few driving hours off the day and pull in. Very pleased with our choice. Campground was all but empty so we took our pick of good sites. Vaults were clean and sites were spacious. Very quite and peaceful! The perfect tent spot!

Annual Camping Trip Location

We stay in this campground every year. The views are beautiful and it’s great camping, four wheeling, and fishing at the many nearby reservoirs. You can even take Miller Flat Road all the way down to Joe’s Valley. Due to the elevation it’s best to plan to stay here in July or August; if it’s been a snowy winter it probably won’t open in June. There is no water or trash bins; pack in, pack out.

Great cabins for the cost.

I really want to give a poor review so no one else will take my future reservations.  However, they really are in a great location and easily accessible.  The Dwelling is large enough to hold a really big family or two couples with small children.  The cabin is pretty small but large enough for a family of four.  Both have showers, toilet, with running water.  The lake is about a mile down the road. The nearest open boat dock is on the other side of the lake (~3 miles).  The ATV trails are endless and right out the driveway is access to Skyline Drive AKA God's Country.  Fishing is good at Joe's spring and fall. Summer time is better for swimming and wake boarding.  The smaller lakes and ponds are better suited for summertime fishing.  Luckily the are short drives.  Not much of a rock climber but I know the only reason my in-laws come is to go drag themselves up a rock while I wet a fly.  Overall a pretty laid back place to spend a few days relaxing.

Very friendly host

The host was extremely friendly and helped us find a spot. Great place to camp!

Loud trains all night

This is a terrible campground unless you like subpar amenities, noisy trains, and nearly nothing to do. Not my idea of a good camping experience.

Great Campgrounds

Diamond Fork campgrounds are so clean, family friendly and nice. The bathrooms are always kept up, the trails for hiking and mountain biking are clear. Overall a great place to camp.

Secluded and Easy to get to!

Gooseberry group site is a pretty nice area. It’s located just 5 minutes from the lake, which can be seen down the hill to the north. In the early morning deer frequent the meadow between the sites and the lake. Even had a few doe right in the sites!

Each site has fire pits and tables, perfect for large group camping. Spigot water is also available for drinking and washing.

Easy access is also another bonus for these sites. You don’t need a truck or suv to get there. The average car does just fine :)

Lakeside Camping at its Best!

Ferron Campground is located across the lake from the southwest campground near the guard station. The campground has picnic tables, fire pits, and a gorgeous view of the lake from nearly every site.

This side of the lake is a bit more dense with trees, including downed old growth so firewood is readily available. This area is also a bit more guarded from the wind the area tends to get in summer months.

Overall, a beautiful place to camp.

Hot sprangs

This hike has many camping spots on the second half of the trail right along the creek, some small some larger for group sites. To make it all worth the while, there’s a huge waterfall at the end of the 2 mile hike along with awesome natural hot springs!

Big Lake. Big Campground. Bigger Memories!

Since I was about 3, my family has gone to Joes Valley Reservoir for an extended family reunion! We tend to reserve the entire lower loop for a week in August. It's a bit of a downhill walk to the lake, but worth it given that there are plenty of fish and crawdads to catch for a big fish-fry!

There are toilets and picnic tables, and the roads have been paved in recent years. The best part about the campground is its ability to host a large group. The area is spread out yet open enough to feel like everyone has their own space and still together as a group. So, if you're wanting to plan a family trip, this may be where you want to go!

It is a bit noisy, however. Everyone has 4-wheelers and most people bring RV's with generators… so expect some noise, lol.

A Campground To Remember!

Ferron Reservoir is one of Utah's best kept secrets compared to many of the crowded campgrounds in the High Uintas.

Ferron sits right on the top of the Manti-La Sal mountain range that divides the state in two. You can get to the reservoir from either side of the range, and the roads drivable for just about any vehicle.

The campground has vault toilets, fresh water, fire pits, a couple-dozen individual sites, 1 group site, and a gorgeous view of the reservoir from just about any location. Feel free to bring your canoes or kayaks and spend the day paddling around and fishing. The fishing is great!

We take our entire family every year for our Family Reunion Camping Trip! It's one of those campgrounds that our kids will remember forever.

Simply amazing!

I was worried about the roads out to the wedge, but the were great. I was driving a non all wheel drive but suv vehicle and it did great. Tip: it’s worse the slower you go. Once to the wedge I found a campsite during the Memorial Day weekend. The second day I packed up my campsite and returned about 8 hours later to return to the same campsite. So availability was great. The wedge itself was great and the views were spectacular in late May. (During Memorial Day). I camped alone. Many people were 4wheeling, dirt biking, atving and mountain biking, as well as hiking around the campsite but not enough to be intrusive. Next time I camp there I will be bringing a mountain bike. The terrain is perfect for it. Most of the noise quieted down around 8. And I was able to find some rest. The second day I did a lot more exploring and traveled a ways down into the wedge. And the surrounding area. The second night I was able to find my same campsite from the night before and slept comfortably. The third day I packed up my camp and headed out to check out Buckhorn Wash. it’s a pictograph wall art monument type location with 2,000 year old wall paintings. It was pretty incredible. After that I headed back to SLC. The experience as a whole was great and it did rain and it was enough to make you worry, but not enough to make it bad, granted this was late May between the 24-27. Highly recommended. Only request is that you clean up after yourself. This is our planet. And it is all of our responsibility to take care of the last few wilderness areas we have.

Great lake to play at.

This is a great place for a campsite. There is a really nice pavilion and really nice bathrooms with running water and showers. Close to the boat ramp and the views are incredible.  Really nice paths to get you to the beach and the boat ramp.

Lots of fish in the lake and craw fish. The water is refreshing to swim, water ski, paddle board or any water sport.

Lots of tent camping spots with great views, Group sites and lots of trailer camping with hook ups and water.

Lots of bathrooms with running water and also a few pit style outhouses. This campground can get busy in the summer months. They take reservations so that is your best option.

Great place to camp and fish.

This is a fun place close to the lake. Lots of really good fishing from shore as well as boat access. The camp sites are big with nice tables and lots of room.

They have nice bathrooms, and big campsites.  Nice tables at the campsite and it is close to the lake. We caught lots of crawfish and lots of trout.

Great place to camp

Lots of rivers close, and a view of Joes Valley. Nice big camp sites.

When we stayed here it was in the summer and we were the only ones in the whole campground. Big campsites with nice tables and bathrooms.