Camping in Wilkes-Barre

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania

203 Reviews of 20 Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

jamie S.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Well maintained sites and beautiful views

We stayed here during the winter January-February no activities going on. It does offer beautiful views especially covered in snow. Has a heated pool and playground, laundry facilities and a small game. Shower / bathrooms are the best I’ve ever seen.

Month of VisitFebruary
Nancy W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

No Frills, Nice Campground

This is a no-frills RV Park. The campsites are nice, the park is clean, and convenient to I-78. It is set in a rural area surrounded by fields and pastures which makes for a peaceful setting. Roads and campsites are gravel and very easy for RVs of any size to navigate the roads and sites. The…

Alexandra T.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Do not recommend

I would not recommend this campground. Please be aware that 148 -149 sites are located near a small pond and not an actual lake as shown on pictures. The area 148-153 sites is located right next to the Roosevelt highway and it makes it impossible to enjoy nature and silence due to the trucks and…

Site149A
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great place to camp 😉

Well I'm staying at promise land state park for the 3 rd time it's a great place to visit and camp out or with your RV or Pop Up . Thiers the lake beach near by plus thier pet friendly .Has lots of commendations for campers it clean an nice an peaceful .Do recommend if you like camping 🥾

• My view where I set up my pop up camper 😅
SiteSpot location 100 close to lake and restrooms plus they have free showers ' and price is reasonable not 🚫 expensive at all good rates ! 👍
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

At promise land state park

Well I'm at promise land again for the 3 rd time .Got a nice spot by the lake and it nice an cozy .Beach ⛱️ land is near by and very quiet and relaxing 😎

• my great camping spot it awesome 👍😎
  • All set up by lake ' night view 😊
SiteSpot 100 where you can park your pop up or camper and the view is awesome and great ' plus the restroom 🚻 are close an 🐕 friendly 😁
K
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Christmas tradition

Worlds End is one of my favorite parks. I love staying in a cabin for Christmas. Park is very clean, nice bathrooms. Lots of trees for privacy and great trails. If you have never been this one should definitely be on your list. Almost all the cabins are right next to the stream. Falling asleep to…

Month of VisitJanuary
Gary O.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Family friendly state park

Moderate trails and Nice beach and lake front swimming area

Sitedeer field camp grounds
D

Family Campground with great hiking

We have been to blue rocks twice for tent camping and it is one on my favorite campgrounds. The tent sites are separated from the RVs and are very large sites, so you have some space from your neighbors. There are hiking trails right from the campground to access the Pinnacle, Pulpit rock and…

Month of VisitOctober

1st pop up camping trip

Well we stay at knee lake had lots of fun plus they have a swimming pool and thier pet friendly .

• This was our spot by the lake .
  • View of lake where we parked at camp site.
Site119A

1st camping trip of the year

Well we stayed at Knee lake what a beautiful place for camping 😊 We stayed 2 days with a swimming pool and lake plus pet friendly !

• This was our spot 🙂
Site119 A

2nd Pop Up camp trip

Well we're staying at promise land state park to camp again for 2 days has a beautiful lake plus lots of nature trails .

Site119 A

Our 1 st pop up trip

Well a couple of weeks ago me an my wife plan a 2 day stay at knee lake it was beautiful and lots of fun plus it wasn't far from our home in pa .

SiteWe pick spot 119 great view of the lake
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Well maintained and comfortable RV Park

We stayed here for 3 nights and thought well of the park.  The place was meticulously clean and the permanent campers keep their sites so well.  The pool was warm, clean and enjoyable.  There’s a nice playground and a GaGa pit.  There’s lots of space to walk your dog on leash but no dog park.   We…

• Our site
  • GaGa pit
  • Pool
Guy M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Very Nice, Neat & Well Done

We were Motorcycle camping and came in on a Holiday weekend without a reservation. But we were given a terrific tent site. The park was very neat and well manicured. Bathrooms were fairly nice, but no TP mid day. The sites were a little close to each other and where we were in the park was a mixed…

• Firewood close to the park
  • Nice picnic tables
  • Great fire ring with adjustable grill