The best WALK IN camping near
Luzerne , PENNSYLVANIA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Luzerne Camping Reviews
Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Awesome primitive campsites

Absolutely love Moon Lake. Place has some of the best mountain bike trails in northeast pa. Camping is primitive but has spots big enough for RVs. Also. It’s free! Newly built tent pads as of last year. Fantastic place!

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.

The first vacation.

This was where my now wife and step daughter shared our first vacation. So many wonderful memories. The camp ground itself is well maintained, as is the bath house and the amusement park is also great because you only pay for what you do, there isn't an entrance fee. We will always return I suspect. Also, if tents aren't your thing, they have cabin/cottages at a higher cost of course

Nice but small

The pool and bath house were nice and they had organized activities for the family but the sites could be a little larger. The one we had was cramped between the picnic table, fire ring, 6 person tent and the car. We have a Subaru Outback, I don't want to think how cramped it would have been if we had a large pick-up or full size SUV.

Beautiful nature

We camped right on the river. The trees and water are beautiful and so peaceful! Long walk to the bathrooms.

The Lake, Though....

I stayed on a lakeside electric/water site for 5 nights in August 2020.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL.  We had SUPs and kayaks to take on the lake and our sites were right next to the boat launch.  Each day we would paddle over to the swimming area on the lake.  It was awesome.  The sites seemed a little narrow when we first pulled in, but it was plenty.  The kids had fun riding bikes on the road, which was off the main road.  The bugs were better than I would have anticipated next to the lake, although some days the flies were a bit annoying.  The kids caught multiple sunnies and even a small perch.  All in all, we had a great time and plan to go back next year.

Fantastic trip!

Had a wonderful Trip! We were in site A22 and loved it. It was their last weekend of the season-weekend before Halloween. They offered different activities. And had (socially distanced) trick or treating for kids! We took a little trip to the Delaware water gap for some hiking. Already booked the site for next year!!

Cleanest campground

Cleanest campground I ha e been to. Great in between spot to worlds end state park and rickets glen

Good spot

I really enjoyed this campground. We were across the street from the main campground which was nice and quiet. Right up my alley! We’ll be back for sure!