The best WALK IN camping near
Hellings Corner , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Hellings Corner Camping Reviews
Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great Campsite

We have been seasonal campers for over 20 years

Great campground

Been camping here for many, many years. New ownership has improved a lot of previous criticisms (water quality, staff friendliness). This is our "base camp" as we camp multiple times per year every year.

The bathrooms still are in need of a remodel, and their could be more kid activities. That's the reason for 4 stars.

Lots of shade, decent size sites. Loud and kid friendly, which is fine for us but might not be for some.

Great family spot

Great family run and owned campground. Clean, friendly and fun

Gorgeous River Views

This was the first KOA we visited and I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about the whole campground.

The sites, particularly those on the Brandywine River, have amazing views. They are close enough for you to camp with a group, but most also have a small fence between each site to clearly delineate between the sites.

The camp playground was brand new when we arrived and they had just broken ground (September 2020). There are two different playground in the same area to accommodate kids of all ages. They also have pickleball, mini golf and a lovely pool.

The camp store is well stocked and has delicious ice cream.

Nearby are great places to go hiking as well as a canoe and rafting outfit. We choose to do both on this trip and weren't disappointed with either.

We are definitely looking forward to returning soon!

Looking for some peace and quiet?

Beautiful and quaint..a nice place to get away and enjoy some nature.

Home away from home!

I started going to this campground when I was two! It really is a home away from home. The owners treat you like family, the campground is beautiful & there is so much to do for the kids and adults!!! It’s so awesome seeing my kids running around and now spending their summers there! Come check them out you definitely will not regret it!!!

Great Campground for An Early Spring Get Away

My family and I camped at Bass River this weekend. We arrived on Friday and camped on the south side camp area. I believe that the North area is closed due to Covid , but I am not 100% sure about that. The site we had was large with a trail that lead down to a stream. It looks like due to covid that every other camp site is being used. It was cold this weekend, and I think that had an effect on the amount of people in the campground as well.  There are no hook ups at the south end so we had to fill our tanks at the campground and bring a generator.

All of the other campers close to us were pretty quiet and the staff from the park as well as Park Police seemed to drive through every couple of hours. There were bathrooms near our site, but they did not have showers , or hot water. AT&T cell service was reliable at the campground. There are alot of well marked hiking trails here as well. The campground is about 10 mins from Tuckerton where there are numerous places to grab food as well as Pineands Brewery. Overall we had a great experience here. The campground was well maintained, and the staff friendly. We will go back again during this same time of year. I can not ssay how it would be to stay here during the peak season when the lake is open, but for this time of year it was great!

Expensive for the off season

We stayed here in the off season while there was snow on the ground. Arrived late (8pm) and only stayed the night. We pulled through, hooked up, slept and left early the next am. For what we utilized this place for it was over the top expensive at $72/night. Check in was easy and self-directed. We are not KOA members. Looked as though there were many monthly and/or seasonal renters here. We didn’t explore any facilities to comment. During the season when the amenities could be used I understand having to spend that kind of money for a site and obviously would’ve been more worth it had we arrived early. We called a few other places in the area but nothing was as convenient nor open with an availability so we just stopped here. It was quiet, couldn’t hear any cars from the highway and the other guests were all respectful. Just ok…

Good price

The price is good and there is electricity and a small shower and the surroundings are very quiet.