About Memaloose State Park
Memaloose State Park is located in Oregon
5 Reviews of Memaloose State Park
Great spot

Loved this state park …not to big, close to lots of trails….beautiful views. Great restaurant in Mosier called MO CO only a few minutes from the campground too.

Beautiful but noisy

This campground was situated in a great area with short drives to nearby hikes. It was family-friendly and felt very safe. Some of the lower sites had views of the water which was lovely. However, it is situated above train tracks and was therefore very noisy at night so we did not sleep much at all. If noise is a factor for you, I would consider staying elsewhere, or trying to get a site higher up on the loop near the entrance.

Confusing to find what you are looking for!

We drove out here yesterday because I wanted to check out the campground and take a hike I had read about (I’ve seen more than one photo that shows nice views of Mt. Adams). Approaching from 84 East, you need to shoot past the campground and back track about three miles. Once westbound, you enter through a rest area. Keep going and it will lead you into the campground (as long as you don’t mistakenly get back on the highway and have to do it all over again)! The campground itself looks nice but it is sandwiched between the road and the railroad tracks with the Columbia River just beyond the tracks. The sites that back up to the river appear to be very nice, as long as you don’t mind the train noise. After exiting the campground, I tried in vain to find the trail I was looking for but no luck. Before I knew it, I was back on the highway! I’d like to try it again sometime but yesterday was not meant to be! After all of our loops, I realized I forgot to take photos. This campground is quite a distance east on the gorge and not near the waterfalls, if that is what you are looking for.

Blackberries!

This is where I first picked blackberries 😜. Being from the desert it was definitely awesome to pick them fresh. I loved this state park because of the view and the blackberries of course. We had a great spot with a good amount of space and privacy. The location can’t be beat for watching the kite surfing nearby and we took a tour of session beer that was awesome!

Close to great wildflower hikes

This campground is near some amazing wildflower hikes. Just a quick drive from Mosier Plateau hike, which has amazing views of the Columbia Gorge and is full of beautiful balsam root and lupine. The hike also goes through a quaint pioneer cemetery. The campground is right by the Columbia River, but be aware that there is a railway that runs right by camp. We didn't hear too many trains, but there is potential for noise. Also, the entry to the campground is through a rest area and can be confusing when you're exiting the highway. Just go through the rest area but don't get back on the highway, the entry to camp is just passed through rest stop.